GVD Villain of the Year 2007 Nominations

Well, it is time again to consider the options for the Galactic Villain's Day Villain of the Year. Nominations will be open for the next month or so, the nominations will then be tallied, and voting will begin shortly thereafter.
The only two regulations are that the character must be a villain in some form of professionally published media, be it book, movie, television show, comic book, video game, board game, uh... song, I guess. Anything professionally published.
Second, it cannot be a real life character. This award goes to fictional characters because we do not want to support evil. Just villains and all their manners of villainy.
You may nominate up to five villains, however your order will not effect his or her nomination status.
Without further ado, let the nominations begin.

Killashandra

Song of the Singer
Mar 29, 2007
Australia
Visit site
✟7,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ohh, this is the first time I've done this! I hope movie-villains are allowed, and apologise if they're not.

I nominate...

:mad: Captain Balbosa!
He's got a good side, but even that's totally self-centered! *guffaws most pirate-like* Arr-de harr harr!

:mad: The Unman (from C. S. Lewis' Perelandra) - It's not really a name, because he's SO SPOOKY that Unman is the only name he can have! Unman appears when the more trivial bad guy, Weston, disappears. He BIT Ransom's heel and tried to SEDUCE Venus' version of Eve into following the example of Earth's Eve. Nasty fellow. *dons steel-heeled boots and pushes boulder over Unman*

:mad: Regina George (from Mean Girls). What more needs to be said? That is one MEAN girl! *doodles on chalkboard*

And lastly, ranked highest in the best-villain of all time list and deserving of two scary faces...

:mad: :mad: The Alien Queen from Aliens! Would YOU do what Ripley did? NO! Why not? Because the Queen Alien is TWICE as big as the others, lays EGGS that become FACE-HUGGERS, HISSES a whole lot, and is THAT DARN SCARY! *hides in air vent*

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry I have to do this, but it's got to be done.

I nominate for best Villain:

Bowser: Because the guy always gets the girl, but never wins. I never liked plumbers anyways.

Melkor: The often over-looked, forgotten-about orginal bad guy of Lord of the Rings. This guy has got what it takes to be a villain, and then some. If it weren't for a few pesty elves, the Maia would still be ruling all of Arda.

Upvote 0

Paladin Dave

The Beauty's Beast
Aug 30, 2004
Undisclosed
✟42,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll second Melkor, but I also want to nominate...

Sauron the Great: Lieutenant to Melkor, and the Lord of the Rings. He was weaker and achieved less than Melkor, but he surely made his old mentor proud with what he accomplished with his limited power.

Second Darth Vader.

The Witch King of Angmar: When Sauron was weakened by the loss of the One Ring, his most heinous and evil servant was unleashed upon the world: The Witch King. He brought all of the great kingdom of Arnor to its knees, bringing darkness and despair to one of the greatest kingdoms of men. He was Sauron's Lieutenant, as Sauron had been to Melkor, and could not be killed by any man. What a faux paux that he forgot to read the fine print about his powers not covering women and hobbits.:doh:

Slade: In the style of Otto von Bismarck, Slade "Doomstrike" Wilson is calculative, careful in who he makes an enemy of, and polite, even when declaring war. He has a code of morals, even though he is generally an evil and manipulative man. Mix that with the ability to access ALL of his brain power, unlike most humans, exceptional skill in all forms of combat, and some bad-ass armor and attitude, and you have an incredible comic-book villain.

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll second Melkor, but I also want to nominate...

Sauron the Great: Lieutenant to Melkor, and the Lord of the Rings. He was weaker and achieved less than Melkor, but he surely made his old mentor proud with what he accomplished with his limited power.

Second Darth Vader.

The Witch King of Angmar: When Sauron was weakened by the loss of the One Ring, his most heinous and evil servant was unleashed upon the world: The Witch King. He brought all of the great kingdom of Arnor to its knees, bringing darkness and despair to one of the greatest kingdoms of men. He was Sauron's Lieutenant, as Sauron had been to Melkor, and could not be killed by any man. What a faux paux that he forgot to read the fine print about his powers not covering women and hobbits.:doh:

Slade: In the style of Otto von Bismarck, Slade "Doomstrike" Wilson is calculative, careful in who he makes an enemy of, and polite, even when declaring war. He has a code of morals, even though he is generally an evil and manipulative man. Mix that with the ability to access ALL of his brain power, unlike most humans, exceptional skill in all forms of combat, and some bad-ass armor and attitude, and you have an incredible comic-book villain.
I got Dave's second! :clap: Er, my nomination did. Ah well. I second Sauron.

Upvote 0

Narmegil

Contributor
Dec 8, 2004
USA
Visit site
✟6,520.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I want to nominate the Emperor of the Empire in Star Wars, I mean, Darth Vader wasn't always evil, and didn't die evil, he just kinda killed a bunch of people (though I do second or third the nomination ^_^) Palpatine decieved the whole Old Republic, decieved Darth Vader's Anakin form, and made his whole Empire, as well as killing a few people, and dying as any baddie should, betrayed by someone he decieved ^_^ ok... I also second the witch King, he's just plain awesome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I want to nominate the Emperor of the Empire in Star Wars, I mean, Darth Vader wasn't always evil, and didn't die evil, he just kinda killed a bunch of people (though I do second or third the nomination ^_^) Palpatine decieved the whole Old Republic, decieved Darth Vader's Anakin form, and made his whole Empire, as well as killing a few people, and dying as any baddie should, betrayed by someone he decieved ^_^ ok... I also second the witch King, he's just plain awesome.
Stop talking, Narmegil. :p

Upvote 0
So far the "seconds" that we have are:

Capt. Hook
Melkor
Darth Vader
Sauron
Moriarty

There are only six spots on the ballot, so I'm going to go by the seconds. If more than six get seconds, it will go to the GVD committee (Yes, there is actually a committee) as to which will make it to the voting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums