United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Everyone,

What I'm going to ask you guys might sound stupid.....

I'm having a sleep study done at the hospital tomorrow night at 9pm. For a long time now I've suffered from insomnia. It's the real deal. There are a lot of factors I won't bore you with here and now, but I had an at-home sleep study recently and the machinery revealed I have apnea....but not the usual obstructive apnea you guys might think of when you hear "apnea." This is central nervous system-driven apnea. Something very well might not be clicking with my brain and my breathing, and frankly I'm a bit nervous about it.

I have the sleep study in-hospital tomorrow. I get there at 9 and stay until 6 or 7. I'm nervous about the whole thing. I know it sounds irrational and goofy, but I've been staying up worrying about the actual study for weeks now! I'm afraid they won't be able to even get me to sleep, that I will be up the whole night, that I'll be wasting my time, and part of me is afraid of what they WILL find wrong with me.

I sound like a big chicken. I'm just full of anxiety.

I hope you guys can remember me in prayers. A "Lord have mercy" is great, but a little extra prayer tonight and tomorrow would mean the world to me. If any of you go to church for anything, light a candle for Reader Joseph, the big sleep chicken!

The scope of how much I don't sleep is pretty sad. It affects me every single Sunday morning. I drive up to Fresno early for Matins and I feel like a zombie from insomnia. It's been like this for a couple years. I hope I find answers.

Thanks if you can remember lil ole me here!

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you that they are able to identify the problem, and that it’s easily fixed. It’s hard to go without sleep long-term, and hard on your body. I hope it’s all resolved soon!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Everyone,

What I'm going to ask you guys might sound stupid.....

I'm having a sleep study done at the hospital tomorrow night at 9pm. For a long time now I've suffered from insomnia. It's the real deal. There are a lot of factors I won't bore you with here and now, but I had an at-home sleep study recently and the machinery revealed I have apnea....but not the usual obstructive apnea you guys might think of when you hear "apnea." This is central nervous system-driven apnea. Something very well might not be clicking with my brain and my breathing, and frankly I'm a bit nervous about it.

I have the sleep study in-hospital tomorrow. I get there at 9 and stay until 6 or 7. I'm nervous about the whole thing. I know it sounds irrational and goofy, but I've been staying up worrying about the actual study for weeks now! I'm afraid they won't be able to even get me to sleep, that I will be up the whole night, that I'll be wasting my time, and part of me is afraid of what they WILL find wrong with me.

I sound like a big chicken. I'm just full of anxiety.

I hope you guys can remember me in prayers. A "Lord have mercy" is great, but a little extra prayer tonight and tomorrow would mean the world to me. If any of you go to church for anything, light a candle for Reader Joseph, the big sleep chicken!

The scope of how much I don't sleep is pretty sad. It affects me every single Sunday morning. I drive up to Fresno early for Matins and I feel like a zombie from insomnia. It's been like this for a couple years. I hope I find answers.

Thanks if you can remember lil ole me here!
Will pray!! I just saw this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for asking, pro!

Yeah, it was a really weird experience. I got there at 9pm. They checked me in, told me I couldn't bring my own pillow (COVID) so I had to bag the pillow I brought. They spent 35 minutes hooking me up to every sensor and wire you could imagine! Very interesting. I sat in bed reading for about 30 minutes, fell asleep, by God's grace, at 11pm. They woke me up at 2:15 am telling me I most definitely 100% have obstructive sleep apnea! I was happy actually. I had thought due to the faulty home study that I had central nervous system apnea. This technician looked at my throat, told me I have a very tiny throat and the back of my tongue is huge, so it's a slam-dunk both visually and with the data from the study that I have the obstructive, more 'normal' apnea. So, at 2:15 she put me on a CPAP. Wow, what a trip! It was very awkward, weird, uncomfortable. At 4:00 she said, "Scott, you're just not getting to sleep. How can I help you?" I told her, "This face mask is pushing into my cheek bones and killing me!" She came in, gave me a totally different mask that was ten times easier that just fit over my nose. In 20 minutes I fell asleep.

I sleep 4:50 minutes that night, but I woke up feeling better than my usual 7 hours at home. Sad. So, a CPAP was ordered. Actually the CPAP was ordered about a month ago already anyway, but because there is a national recall on the most popular brand PLUS the computer chip shortage that is plaguing the world, I can't get a machine yet. I'm in a waiting line......and they told me that it might be 6 months before I can get my hands on one.

Sad......It's like being diagnosed a diabetic but they're all out of insulin.

I know this sounds like a dumb request, but I hope some of my friends in here can pray that I can get my CPAP soon. The stress on my kidneys, heart, and throat as well as my lack of refreshed sleep, it's really destroying me. Today at church, as always on Sunday, I was reading the Epistle after Matins and I mentally am like a Walking Dead zombie!

Thanks for thinking of me, brother!

Gurney! Has there been any progress on your diagnosis? Are you getting any sleep?

Upvote 0