Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be describing a state very similar to the UK. Last time I checked we had very few mass shootings.
Did it slip your reading that I was talking about a marxist, totalitarian state?

Would that be so very bad?
Ask George Orwell. He seemed to have a pretty good handle on whether that'd "be so very bad."

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You could use that proverb in the same way for North Korea.

I do actually. There is no power or authority on earth not established by Him. The cause/effect is clear to me: Those who turn their back on God should expect His Wrath, those who revere His name should expect His mercy. 1 Samuel 8.

Looks like the US is getting God's Wrath right now.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do actually. There is no power or authority on earth not established by Him. The cause/effect is clear to me: Those who turn their back on God should expect His Wrath, those who revere His name should expect His mercy. 1 Samuel 8.

Looks like the US is getting God's Wrath right now.

Nobody is getting God's wrath right now. Everyone is dealing with nothing more than the wrath and stupidity of ordinary men.

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is getting God's wrath right now. Everyone is dealing with nothing more than the wrath and stupidity of ordinary men.
Maybe not His full wrath, but He's given over most to their own vices and depraved minds, "to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Rom 1)

That's right now - but God's full wrath IS coming.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Those men you speak of are vessels and thus the conduit of and for God's Wrath, as it was with Pharaoh.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those men you speak of are vessels and thus the conduit of and for God's Wrath, as it was with Pharaoh.
Maybe not His full wrath, but He's given over most to their own vices and depraved minds, "to do those things which are not proper, being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them." (Rom 1)

You're merely defining "God's wrath" as "God allowing men to be as they naturally are."

That pretty much dilutes "God's wrath" to meaninglessness. So now you have to qualify it: "God's full wrath"

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The one or two person getting shot stories are just 30-word bits in the local paper that rarely make front page, and even less the local news.
Only in America. In other Western Democracies it would be national news. America is inured to people dying- which is a terrible state of affairs. It literally means life is cheap.

They don't care about who got shot, hurt, maimed, killed; they don't care about the family members, friends, coworkers - all they care about is the opportunity to point out the "necessity" for implementing more gun controls.
And why do you think that is? Why do people want gun control? People don’t clamour for spatula control because they are not used to kill people every day.

Do you think people want fewer guns in circulation to be annoying? Or because it will mean fewer deaths?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Did it slip your reading that I was talking about a marxist, totalitarian state?

Ask George Orwell. He seemed to have a pretty good handle on whether that'd "be so very bad."
What on Earth gives you the idea that Americans having fewer guns in circulation will lead to a totalitarian Marxist state? Did that happen in the UK or Australia?

Tell me the chain of events that links fewer guns in America to a totalitarian Marxist regime ruling America. Be specific.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

That's right now - but God's full wrath IS coming.
You see, we’ve been hearing that for over a thousand years and yet here we are.

How many people have said the same as you and been wrong: what makes your claim any more accurate than the generations of doomsayers throughout history?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're merely defining "God's wrath" as "God allowing men to be as they naturally are."

That pretty much dilutes "God's wrath" to meaninglessness. So now you have to qualify it: "God's full wrath"

Without God's protection, men face His wrath, whether that's full or partial is besides the point; wrath is wrath. We have strayed off topic though, more than welcome to continue in General Theology if you wish to make a thread on the topic.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only in America. In other Western Democracies it would be national news. America is inured to people dying- which is a terrible state of affairs. It literally means life is cheap.

That is a fact, and what few people see is that the spirit of death in America works both sides of the aisle in different ways. Both the right and the left close their eyes to death in America.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are the Northern European nations experiencing God’s wrath?

Gosh, they must be more Godly than America.

It should have been ironic with all the "God's wrath" people that the 2009 tsunami struck India right where most of the Christians live.

But the fact is, Jesus Himself explicitly denied their claims of "God's wrath:"

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans Pilate had murdered and mixed their blood with their own temple sacrifices.

Jesus answered, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them--do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."
--Luke 13

Jesus covered both bases: Evil acts by man and natural disasters. Neither is the result of God's wrath against sin. Moreover, just because something bad hasn't happened to us yet doesn't mean we're righteous, either...the actual wrath of God is still in the future.

Upvote 0