Gunman targets and kills retired police officer and military veteran

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Fatal Shooting of 2 Black People Near Boston Is Investigated as a Hate Crime
The authorities in Winthrop, Mass., are investigating whether a white man who shot and killed two Black people on Saturday after crashing a stolen truck into a house was acting out of racial and religious hatred.

The suspect, Nathan Allen, 28, had made “anti-Semitic and racist statements against Black individuals,” said Rachael Rollins, the district attorney in Suffolk County. She said investigators had found “some troubling white-supremacist rhetoric” in Mr. Allen’s own handwriting.

Mr. Allen drew swastikas and wrote about “the superiority of the white race” and about how white people were “apex predators,” Ms. Rollins said in a statement.

Mr. Allen stole a large truck owned by a plumbing and drain company and rammed it into a home in Winthrop, a neighborhood about seven miles east of downtown Boston, the authorities said.

Mr. Allen then fled on foot, the Winthrop Police Department said in a statement.

Mr. Allen, who had a license to carry a gun, began to shoot his weapon as he fled, but he walked by several people who were not Black and did not shoot them, Ms. Rollins said.

The victims were 53-year-old David Green, a retired Massachusetts State Police officer with 36 years of experience, and Ramona Cooper, a 60-year-old Air Force veteran who was still working with the military, Winthrop police officials said during a news conference on Sunday.

Ms. Rollins said investigators were not sure why Mr. Allen was driving toward the neighborhood on Shirley and Cross Streets, but she said there are several synagogues in Winthrop.

“We don’t know where he was going; that is mere speculation,” Ms. Rollins said. “We do know he had anti-Semitic rhetoric written in his own hand.”

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fatal Shooting of 2 Black People Near Boston Is Investigated as a Hate Crime
The suspect, Nathan Allen, 28, had made “anti-Semitic and racist statements against Black individuals,” said Rachael Rollins, the district attorney in Suffolk County. She said investigators had found “some troubling white-supremacist rhetoric” in Mr. Allen’s own handwriting.

Mr. Allen drew swastikas and wrote about “the superiority of the white race” and about how white people were “apex predators,” Ms. Rollins said in a statement.

But isn't Nathan Allen a Jewish name?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I refuse to do anything but honor the dead. :(

I agree. It sounds like a terrible happening.

Nathan Allen sounds like he had a couple of screws loose from this articles description.

They are speculating that he may have been targeting a Jewish place of worship.

What a sicko! I hope the families get some sense of justice, although this is indeed senseless.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They need to start up capital punishment again. But instead they are trying to kill the second amendment. I think it would slow down some of these ‘so-easily-committed-murders’. And copy cat murders. Murder is obviously not the solution. But a life for a life is some comfort.

Upvote 0