Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They weren't being "installed". They were sent there to deal with the rioters that the local law enforcement couldn't handle, or weren't allowed to by their superiors.

That was the excuse. Trump's move was to extend federal control over state and local governments. As you know, it failed because it was illegal. Ironically, states with much higher homicide and violent crime rates were ignored by Trump for political purposes.

They were unidentified, and anonymous, chosen among federal officers who were willing to violate their oaths. The vast majority of federal police are dedicated to the Constitution, and our safety, rather than the political motives of corrupt politicians like Trump.

So are local police officers.

Which is why Trump tried to overthrow local control.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That was the excuse. Trump's move was to extend federal control over state and local governments. As you know, it failed because it was illegal.
Maybe you can cite when that happened Barb......I think I musta missed class that day......

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Maybe you can cite when that happened Barb......I think I musta missed class that day......

PORTLAND — Federal officers must not engage in crowd control enforcement more than one square block from the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse in Portland under a federal judge's court order.

U.S. District Judge Michael W. Mosman issued the restrictions Monday after granting a preliminary injunction Friday, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. He found that federal officers' actions have chilled First Amendment's rights of free speech and right to assembly for plaintiffs who sued the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other federal law enforcement agencies.

"Within that sphere, called the 'Excluded Area,' federal law enforcement can engage in crowd control activities subject to all the pre-existing limits, constitutional or otherwise, on their conduct, but not covered by this injunction," Mosman wrote. "Beyond that line, federal agents must cease crowd control activities, including clearing people away from the U.S. Courthouse."

The judge underscored that federal agents "cannot individually target protesters in retaliation for their speech, anywhere or anytime."

Mosman described the order as a "geographical solution," that will provide protesters with a "zone of safety" where they can peacefully protest.

The federal officers can make arrests or engage in "hot pursuits" of suspects within or outside the excluded area, according to established law, the judge wrote.
Federal agents' protest measures restricted to block around Portland courthouse

Trump reportedly threw a fit over the court restricting his secret police, but Barr declined to appear the ruling, and complied with Constitutional restrictions on Federal power. But it was a precedent, and the court didn't stop all of the secret police activities. You better hope Biden doesn't take advantage of his new power.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
"Within that sphere, called the 'Excluded Area,' federal law enforcement can engage in crowd control activities subject to all the pre-existing limits, constitutional or otherwise, on their conduct, but not covered by this injunction," Mosman wrote. "Beyond that line, federal agents must cease crowd control activities, including clearing people away from the U.S. Courthouse."
I notice that he never quoted any precedent for his ruling which makes it very arbitrary. However, you notice it was about 'crowd control' not pursuing those that have violated federal law.......which is what policing power is about.......big difference.....
Maybe you wanna try again?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I notice that he never quoted any precedent for his ruling which makes it very arbitrary.

I notice that Barr declined to appeal, so that's a clue.

However, you notice it was about 'crowd control'

I notice the judge confined Trump's druzhina to a very limited area of federal property to keep them in line. I suppose you could call it crowd control. It worked, anyway. Trump gave up and withdrew his unidentified troops.

Maybe you wanna try again?

One is fine. You want to see another one?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I suppose you could call it crowd control.
No, the judge called it crowd control. Did you not read your own posting? Therefore they were not limited in pursuing persons who committed crimes which violated federal law.
One is fine. You want to see another one?
No, you should read and understand the one you posted first.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, the judge called it crowd control.

No, he merely limited Trump's troops to a very limited area, and their functions as "crowd control." Apparently, you didn't bother to read it:

U.S. District Judge Michael W. Mosman issued the restrictions Monday after granting a preliminary injunction Friday, The Oregonian/OregonLive reported. He found that federal officers' actions have chilled First Amendment's rights of free speech and right to assembly for plaintiffs who sued the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other federal law enforcement agencies.

The judge underscored that federal agents "cannot individually target protesters in retaliation for their speech, anywhere or anytime."

Mosman described the order as a "geographical solution," that will provide protesters with a "zone of safety" where they can peacefully protest.

Therefore they were limited in any suppression of rights to the small area to which the judge limited them. They could still enforce the law for anyone who committed a crime inside the area, who then fled the very limited space allowed Trump's secret troops. The injunction did two things:

1. Stopped further illegal activity by the unidentified troops.
2. Limited their permitted activity to an area immediately around the federal courthouse.

This is why Trump had a hissy fit over it, and when Barr declined to appeal the ruling (he would have lost, even in a very conservative court) decided to withdraw the troops.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
No, he merely limited Trump's troops to a very limited area, and their functions as "crowd control."

Thank you Barb for clearly demonstrating what I pointed out.....

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Therefore they were limited in any suppression of rights to the small area to which the judge limited them. They could still enforce the law for anyone who committed a crime inside the area, who then fled the very limited space allowed Trump's secret troops. The judge's injunction did two things:

1. Stopped further illegal activity by the unidentified troops.
2. Limited their permitted activity to an area immediately around the federal courthouse.

This is why Trump had a hissy fit over it, and when Barr declined to appeal the ruling (he would have lost, even in a very conservative court) decided to withdraw the troops.

Thank you Barb for clearly demonstrating what I pointed out.....

Initially, you seemed to be in denial of these facts. But you are entitled of course to change your mind in light of the facts I showed you. You're welcome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Like a moth to the flame.

Yep. He couldn't help himself.

Yep.

Upvote 0