Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Remember Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who described himself as the 'Second coming of Christ' and founder of The Washington Times? A church started by his sons bought land to prepare for war and worship with AK47s.

Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘Patriots’

A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned.

The property, located in the small community of Thornton, 40 miles from Waco, was listed at just under $1 million. It’s been dubbed “Liberty Rock'' by its new owners, the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.”

The Washington Post did an article of the church in 2018:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rom-his-church-and-their-followers-are-armed/

A key pillar of Sanctuary dogma is the importance of owning a gun, particularly the lethal, lightweight AR-15 semiautomatic, which the National Rifle Association has proclaimed “the most popular rifle in America.” Last fall, Pastor Sean had studied the Book of Revelation. It makes multiple references to how Christ one day will rule his earthly kingdom “with a rod of iron.” Although Revelation was written long before the advent of firearms, Pastor Sean concluded that “rod of iron” was Bible-speak for the AR-15 and that Christ, not being a “tyrant,” will need armed sovereigns to help him keep the peace in his kingdom.

Christ will need armed 'sovereigns' ? - I always saw it as we need Him and He is the power and glory.

Most Christian churches considered Rev. Moon (leader of the Moonie cult) as a heretic. The sons seem the same.

I could never buy into articles by the Washington Times because it was started by the Moonies.

Last edited:

PreppedNsaved

May 23, 2021
Wisconsin
✟8,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who described himself as the 'Second coming of Christ' and founder of The Washington Times? A church started by his sons bought land to prepare for war and worship with AK47s.

Gun Church That Worships With AR-15s Bought a 40-Acre Compound in Texas for Its ‘Patriots’

A religious sect known for worshipping with AR-15s and its MAGA politics has purchased a sprawling, 40-acre compound in central Texas, which it hopes will offer a safe-haven for “patriots” from what they believe is an imminent war brought by the “deep state,” VICE News has learned.

The property, located in the small community of Thornton, 40 miles from Waco, was listed at just under $1 million. It’s been dubbed “Liberty Rock'' by its new owners, the Sanctuary Church aka Rod of Iron Ministries, led by Pastor Hyung Jin “Sean” Moon. Members of the congregation often refer to him as “King.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rom-his-church-and-their-followers-are-armed/

A key pillar of Sanctuary dogma is the importance of owning a gun, particularly the lethal, lightweight AR-15 semiautomatic, which the National Rifle Association has proclaimed “the most popular rifle in America.” Last fall, Pastor Sean had studied the Book of Revelation. It makes multiple references to how Christ one day will rule his earthly kingdom “with a rod of iron.” Although Revelation was written long before the advent of firearms, Pastor Sean concluded that “rod of iron” was Bible-speak for the AR-15 and that Christ, not being a “tyrant,” will need armed sovereigns to help him keep the peace in his kingdom.

Christ will need armed 'sovereigns' - I always saw as we need him and He is the power and glory.

Most Christian churches considered Rev. Moon (leader of the Moonie cult) as a heretic. The sons seem the same.

I could never buy into articles by the Washington Times because it was started by the Moonies.

This at a time when the Democrats have the White House and the Congress? Looks like history is about to repeat. "Paging Janet Reno...."

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ will rule with a rod of iron, not pastors. And why would Christ carry around guns when He is coming on the clouds with His mighty angels, all of whom He made, all of whom He could make fall like lightning to earth if He willed it, and all who would fight ceaselessly on His behalf a battle that He could end with the snap of His fingers?

Let's hope and pray that enough of the followers of this cult will start picking up their bibles instead of their rifles, and fully know the truth that will set them free.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christ will need armed 'sovereigns' - I always saw as we need him and He is the power and glory.

11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24 NIV

Upvote 0

PreppedNsaved

May 23, 2021
Wisconsin
✟8,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And your basis for writing this is..?

I remember the last time there was a religious group in Texas that had a "compound" while the Democrats had the presidency and the congress. It didn't end well for the group, or the Democrats in charge, or their chances of staying in charge.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This at a time when the Democrats have the White House and the Congress? Looks like history is about to repeat. "Paging Janet Reno...."

? The Unification church started in the 50's, and Moon moved to the US in 1971 (Nixon was president), and really came into focus in the late 70s and 80s (Carter and then Reagan) then died down some in the 90s (Clinton). I don't think it matters who was president for that. His sons are Trump supporters though extreme imho.
One son was at the capitol on Jan. 6th.

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember the last time there was a religious group in Texas that had a "compound" while the Democrats had the presidency and the congress. It didn't end well for the group, or the Democrats in charge, or their chances of staying in charge.
Waco?
That is not the topic here.

Upvote 0

PreppedNsaved

May 23, 2021
Wisconsin
✟8,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Waco?
That is not the topic here.

I wasn't attempting to change the topic, but simply pointing out the similarities that should be recognized so history doesn't repeat itself since that other situation didn't turn out very well for anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What IS the topic here? So far, it could be the Washington Times, moving against people who own AR-15s, what kind of people like President Trump, the events of January 6, or the remnants of the Unification Church.

The TOPIC is that there is a church in Texas that bought land in preparation of a future 'deep state war". The church is an off shoot of the Moonies.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pastor Sean concluded that “rod of iron” was Bible-speak for the AR-15 and that Christ, not being a “tyrant,” will need armed sovereigns to help him keep the peace in his kingdom.

Either he is completely ignorant of Scripture, or is deliberately twisting it to justify his own selfish ambitions. The Lord Jesus Christ can use angels to do His bidding, not just humans.

Jesus Is Arrested
47 While Jesus was still speaking, Judas came up. Judas was 1 of the 12 followers. He had many people with him. They had been sent from the leading priests and the elders of the people. They carried swords and clubs. 48 Judas had planned to give them a signal. He had said, “The man I kiss is Jesus. Arrest him.” 49 At once Judas went to Jesus and said, “Greetings, Teacher!” Then Judas kissed him.

50 Jesus answered, “Friend, do the thing you came to do.”

Then the men came and grabbed Jesus and arrested him. 51 When that happened, one of Jesus’ followers reached for his sword and pulled it out. The follower struck the servant of the high priest with the sword and cut off his ear.

52 Jesus said to the man, “Put your sword back in its place. All who use swords will be killed with swords. 53 Surely you know I could ask my Father, and he would give me more than 12 armies of angels. 54 But this thing must happen this way so that it will be as the Scriptures say.”

55 Then Jesus said to the crowd, “You came to get me with swords and clubs as if I were a criminal. Every day I sat in the Temple teaching. You did not arrest me there. 56 But all these things have happened so that it will be as the prophets wrote.” Then all of Jesus’ followers left him and ran away.
~Matthew 26:47-56 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 26 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 26 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 26 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 26 - International Children’s Bible

Jesus Is Arrested
47 While Jesus was speaking, a crowd came up. One of the 12 apostles was leading them. He was Judas. He came close to Jesus so that he could kiss him.

48 But Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you using the kiss to give the Son of Man to his enemies?”

49 The followers of Jesus were standing there too. They saw what was happening. They said to Jesus, “Lord, should we use our swords?” 50 And one of them did use his sword. He cut off the right ear of the servant of the high priest.

51 Jesus said, “Stop!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him.

52 Those who came to arrest Jesus were the leading priests, the soldiers who guarded the Temple, and the Jewish elders. Jesus said to them, “Why did you come out here with swords and sticks? Do you think I am a criminal? 53 I was with you every day in the Temple. Why didn’t you try to arrest me there? But this is your time—the time when darkness rules.”
~Luke 22:47-53 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Luke 22 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 22 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 22 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Luke 22 - International Children’s Bible

Jesus Is Arrested
43 While Jesus was still speaking, Judas came up. Judas was 1 of the 12 followers. He had many people with him. They were sent from the leading priests, the teachers of the law, and the Jewish elders. Those with Judas had swords and clubs.

44 Judas had planned a signal for them. He had said, “The man I kiss is Jesus. Arrest him and guard him while you lead him away.” 45 So Judas went to Jesus and said, “Teacher!” and kissed him. 46 Then the men grabbed Jesus and arrested him. 47 One of the followers standing near drew his sword. He struck the servant of the high priest with the sword and cut off his ear.

48 Then Jesus said, “You came to get me with swords and clubs as if I were a criminal. 49 Every day I was with you teaching in the Temple. You did not arrest me there. But all these things have happened to make the Scriptures come true.” 50 Then all of Jesus’ followers left him and ran away.

51 A young man, wearing only a linen cloth, was following Jesus. The people also grabbed him. 52 But the cloth he was wearing came off, and he ran away naked.
~Mark 14:43-52 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Mark 14 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Mark 14 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Mark 14 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Mark 14 - International Children’s Bible

Jesus Is Brought Before Pilate
28 Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas’ house to the Roman governor’s palace. It was early in the morning. The Jews would not go inside the palace. They did not want to make themselves unclean, because they wanted to eat the Passover meal. 29 So Pilate went outside to them. He asked, “What charges do you bring against this man?”

30 They answered, “He is a criminal. That is why we brought him to you.”

31 Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.”

They answered, “But we are not allowed to put anyone to death.” 32 (This happened so that what Jesus had said about how he would die would come true.)

33 Then Pilate went back inside the palace. He called Jesus to him and asked, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

34 Jesus said, “Is that your own question, or did others tell you about me?”

35 Pilate answered, “I am not a Jew. It was your own people and their leading priests who brought you before me. What have you done wrong?”

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom does not belong to this world. If it belonged to this world, my servants would have fought to keep me from being given over to the Jewish leaders. But my kingdom is from another place.”

37 Pilate said, “So you are a king!”

Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. That is true. I was born for this: to tell people about the truth. That is why I came into the world. And everyone who belongs to the truth listens to me.”

38 Pilate said, “What is truth?” After he said this, he went out to the Jews again. He said to them, “I can find nothing to charge against this man. 39 But it is your custom that I free one prisoner to you at the time of the Passover. Do you want me to free this ‘king of the Jews’?”

40 They shouted back, “No, not him! Let Barabbas go free!” (Barabbas was a robber.)
~John 18:28-40 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: John 18 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 18 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 18 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 18 - International Children’s Bible

To defeat the Anti-Christ, He just needs to SPEAK THE TRUTH against an empire built purely on LIES!

The Rider on the White Horse
11 Then I saw heaven open. There before me was a white horse. The rider on the horse is called Faithful and True. He is right when he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like burning fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him, but he is the only one who knows the name. No other person knows the name. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood. His name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him on white horses. They were dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 A sharp sword comes out of the rider’s mouth. He will use this sword to defeat the nations. He will rule them with a scepter of iron. He will crush out the wine in the winepress of the terrible anger of God All-Powerful. 16 On his robe and on his leg was written this name: “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun. The angel called with a loud voice to all the birds flying in the sky, “Come together for the great feast of God. 18 Come together so that you can eat the bodies of kings and generals and famous men. Come to eat the bodies of the horses and their riders and the bodies of all people—free, slave, small, and great.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth. Their armies were gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured and with him the false prophet. This false prophet was the one who did the miracles for the beast. The false prophet had used these miracles to trick those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped his idol. The false prophet and the beast were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. 21 Their armies were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse. All the birds ate the bodies until they were full.
~Revelation 19:11-21 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 19 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 19 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 19 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Revelation 19 - International Children’s Bible

Wear the Full Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his great power. 11 Wear the full armor of God. Wear God’s armor so that you can fight against the devil’s evil tricks. 12 Our fight is not against people on earth. We are fighting against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness. We are fighting against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world. 13 That is why you need to get God’s full armor. Then on the day of evil you will be able to stand strong. And when you have finished the whole fight, you will still be standing. 14 So stand strong, with the belt of truth tied around your waist. And on your chest wear the protection of right living. 15 And on your feet wear the Good News of peace to help you stand strong. 16 And also use the shield of faith. With that you can stop all the burning arrows of the Evil One. 17 Accept God’s salvation to be your helmet. And take the sword of the Spirit—that sword is the teaching of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times. Pray with all kinds of prayers, and ask for everything you need. To do this you must always be ready. Never give up. Always pray for all God’s people.

19 Also pray for me. Pray that when I speak, God will give me words so that I can tell the secret truth of the Good News without fear. 20 I have the work of speaking that Good News. I am doing that now, here in prison. Pray that when I preach the Good News I will speak without fear, as I should.
~Ephesians 6:10-20 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 6 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 6 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 6 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 6 - International Children’s Bible

Tell People About Your Faith
32 “If anyone stands before other people and says he believes in me, then I will say that he belongs to me. I will say this before my Father in heaven. 33 But if anyone stands before people and says he does not believe in me, then I will say that he does not belong to me. I will say this before my Father in heaven.

34 “Don’t think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 I have come to make this happen:

‘A son will be against his father,
a daughter will be against her mother,
a daughter-in-law will be against her mother-in-law.
36 A person’s enemies will be members of his own family.’ Micah 7:6

37 “Whoever loves his father or mother more than he loves me is not worthy to be my follower. Whoever loves his son or daughter more than he loves me is not worthy to be my follower. 38 Whoever is not willing to die on a cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever tries to hold on to his life will give up true life. Whoever gives up his life for me will hold on to true life. 40 Whoever accepts you also accepts me. And whoever accepts me also accepts the One who sent me. 41 Whoever meets a prophet and accepts him will receive the reward of a prophet. And whoever accepts a good man because that man is good will receive the reward of a good man. 42 Whoever helps one of these little ones because they are my followers will truly get his reward. He will get his reward even if he only gave my follower a cup of cold water.”
~Matthew 10:32-42 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 10 - International Children’s Bible

On May 27, 2021, at roughly 6:10 PM Eastern Time, I have added Matthew 10:32-42. My apologies, I am still learning because I am a flawed human being who is predisposed towards selfishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
…particularly the lethal, lightweight AR-15 semiautomatic, which the National Rifle Association has proclaimed “the most popular rifle in America.”

The AR-15 is lethal AND lightweight? No wonder they’re popular. Sign me up for one of those ASAP (but I’ll pass on the weird cult)!

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You know, there are congregations (usually unaffiliated with any larger denomination) all over the country which have some really bizarre or peculiar doctrines and practices. The Unification Church was once a well-known and much talked about cult, but there were also dozens of others that caught the public's attention and, frankly, worried a lot of people.

Some of them survive, some of them have left a small offshoot here or there, and some others faded away. Some actually were a threat of some sort while others were just theologically weird and didn't want to have much to do with the rest of the world.

It's part of the passing scene.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You WILL be known by your fruits. This is why it is REQUIRED to read, study, and KNOW Scripture!!!

Do it daily. NEVER over-rely on others to do it for you. This is one of the reasons why. I learned this the hard way, and my life got MUCH better afterwards.

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way. And I am the truth and the life. The only way to the Father is through me. 7 If you really knew me, then you would know my Father, too. But now you do know him, and you have seen him.”

8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need.”

9 Jesus answered, “I have been with you a long time now. Do you still not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father. So why do you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say to you don’t come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work. 11 Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done. 12 I tell you the truth. He who believes in me will do the same things that I do. He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father. 13 And if you ask for anything in my name, I will do it for you. Then the Father’s glory will be shown through the Son. 14 If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.

The Promise of the Holy Spirit
15 “If you love me, you will do the things I command. 16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper. He will give you this Helper to be with you forever. 17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him because it does not see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you and he will be in you.
~John 14:6-14 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: John 14 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 14 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 14 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 14 - International Children’s Bible

Freedom from Sin
31 So Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, “If you continue to obey my teaching, you are truly my followers. 32 Then you will know the truth. And the truth will make you free.”

33 They answered, “We are Abraham’s children. And we have never been slaves. So why do you say that we will be free?”

34 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth. Everyone who lives in sin is a slave to sin. 35 A slave does not stay with a family forever, but a son belongs to the family forever. 36 So if the Son makes you free, then you will be truly free. 37 I know you are Abraham’s children. But you want to kill me because you don’t accept my teaching. 38 I am telling you what my Father has shown me. But you do what your father has told you.”

39 They answered, “Our father is Abraham.”

Jesus said, “If you were really Abraham’s children, you would do the things that Abraham did. 40 I am a man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. But you are trying to kill me. Abraham did nothing like that. 41 So you are doing the things that your own father did.”

But they said, “We are not like children who never knew who their father was. God is our Father. He is the only Father we have.”

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were really your Father, you would love me. I came from God and now I am here. I did not come by my own authority. God sent me. 43 You don’t understand what I say because you cannot accept my teaching. 44 Your father is the devil. You belong to him and want to do what he wants. He was a murderer from the beginning. He was against the truth, for there is no truth in him. He is a liar, and he is like the lies he tells. He is the father of lies.
~John 8:31-44 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: John 8 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 8 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 8 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 8 - International Children’s Bible

Jesus Is the Good Shepherd
7 So Jesus said again, “I tell you the truth. I am the door for the sheep. 8 All the people who came before me were thieves and robbers. The sheep did not listen to them. 9 I am the door. The person who enters through me will be saved. He will be able to come in and go out and find pasture. 10 A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy. But I came to give life—life in all its fullness.

11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. 12 The worker who is paid to keep the sheep is different from the shepherd who owns them. So when the worker sees a wolf coming, he runs away and leaves the sheep alone. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 The man runs away because he is only a paid worker. He does not really care for the sheep.

14 “I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep, and my sheep know me, 15 just as the Father knows me, and I know the Father. I give my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not in this flock here. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to take it back. This is what my Father commanded me to do.”

19 Again the Jews did not agree with each other because of these words Jesus said. 20 Many of them said, “A demon has come into him and made him crazy. Why listen to him?”

21 But others said, “A man who is crazy with a demon does not say things like this. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

22 The time came for the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. This was during the winter. 23 Jesus was walking in the Temple in Solomon’s Porch. 24 The Jews gathered around him and said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Christ, then tell us plainly.”
~John 10:7-24 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: John 10 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 10 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 10 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: John 10 - International Children’s Bible

The Way to Heaven Is Hard
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. The road that leads to hell is a very easy road. And the gate to hell is very wide. Many people enter through that gate. 14 But the gate that opens the way to true life is very small. And the road to true life is very hard. Only a few people find that road.

People Know You by Your Actions
15 “Be careful of false prophets. They come to you and look gentle like sheep. But they are really dangerous like wolves. 16 You will know these people because of the things they do. Good things don’t come from bad people, just as grapes don’t come from thornbushes. And figs don’t come from thorny weeds. 17 In the same way, every good tree produces good fruit. And bad trees produce bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. And a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 You will know these false prophets by what they produce.

21 “Not everyone who says ‘You are my Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven. The only people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do the things that my Father in heaven wants. 22 On the last day many people will say to me, ‘You are our Lord! We spoke for you. And through you we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ 23 Then I will tell them clearly, ‘Get away from me, you who do evil. I never knew you.’

Two Kinds of People
24 “Everyone who hears these things I say and obeys them is like a wise man. The wise man built his house on rock. 25 It rained hard and the water rose. The winds blew and hit that house. But the house did not fall, because the house was built on rock. 26 But the person who hears the things I teach and does not obey them is like a foolish man. The foolish man built his house on sand. 27 It rained hard, the water rose, and the winds blew and hit that house. And the house fell with a big crash.”

28 When Jesus finished saying these things, the people were amazed at his teaching. 29 Jesus did not teach like their teachers of the law. He taught like a person who had authority.
~Matthew 7:13-29 (ICB)

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New King James Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - New International Version
Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7 - International Children’s Bible

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The TOPIC is that there is a church in Texas that bought land in preparation of a future 'deep state war". The church is an off shoot of the Moonies.
Sounds like some militias I have heard about......but I guess as long as they aren't violating the law maybe they should be left alone......kept an eye on.......since they are a little screwy in the head......but left alone......maybe (hopefully) that is all they want.......

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm not so sure I would call the Branch Davidians a "religious group", and their leader David Koresh was certainly not anything but a demon. If any "religious" group is armed to the teeth and opens fire on Federal officers they deserve what they got.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The AR-15 is lethal AND lightweight? No wonder they’re popular. Sign me up for one of those ASAP (but I’ll pass on the weird cult)!

Why would you need a military weapon? There is no need for such a rifle outside of military use. Of course, paramilitary wannabees think they are cool, but that's their problem.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0