1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Gun stocks up

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Nithavela, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Nithavela

Nithavela Killin' time livin' with it

+17,548
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Gun stocks up after Las Vegas shooting

2. Saved.By.Grace

Saved.By.Grace Member

+140
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    The USA are a crazy country for gun ownership! I heard that last year over 30,000 gun related deaths took place there! This is sure evidence for any country that turns its back on following the Lord Jesus Christ, and the teachings of the Holy Bible!

3. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Wasn't there a fair amount of bombs going off in Ireland a while back?
    And there were metal detectors in grocery stores?
    And it had something to do with religious groups, specifically?
    We had an exchange student who said "You get used to it" from Ireland.

4. Nithavela

Nithavela Killin' time livin' with it

+17,548
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Please stop with the off topic, this is about gun stocks.

5. Saved.By.Grace

Saved.By.Grace Member

+140
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Yeah, but I am from good old England!

6. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  7. KevinC1129

KevinC1129 Simul justus et peccator

+34,524
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Every time there is a mass shooting, gun stocks go up because people fear losing their rights of ownership...it's a "get 'em while you can" mentality.

8. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,869
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Sir i know the point youre making, but Im sure youd argue that the bombs in Ireland quite righlty were unlawful and sensible that country put so much effort into securing the nation against bomb making and subsequent attacks... so in the USA............... im sure you can finish the sentence.

The fact Americans on CF are talking about that its happened 270 times already this year (mass shootings) and will happen again, makes a compelling argument to look at this seriously. I know its your country and no outsiders business, but consider what youd say if a bomb went off in Australia killing 100 people a day, wouldnt you say, "what on earth are those Aussies doing over there.".. Sir you have the same scale of problem.

9. Saved.By.Grace

Saved.By.Grace Member

+140
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
  10. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,869
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    Happy birthday

11. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Less than half of households own guns. This is lower than some other nations.

12. Eryk

Eryk Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,349
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Capitalism is, among other things, the science of artificially created desires. We can give you safety and personal power if you buy a gun. The adrenaline rush of firing an AR-15 at the shooting range is a consumer commodity in a sensate culture.

When you understand that the NRA is a business lobby, that's all you need to know. They are making money by selling guns and they use all of their persuasive expertise and political influence to make more money. Capitalism is an insatiable desire for producers and consumers - it requires it to stay in business. It's not about prosperity. It's about lack.

So don't wave the Constitution in our faces like it's the 67th book of the Bible. The reason why we have law - the primary function of government - is to maintain order by restraining violence.

13. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    No. I would never point out the problems of other nations over mine.
    That would be silly.

14. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+16,622
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    I like walnut stocks.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. Saved.By.Grace

Saved.By.Grace Member

+140
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    how many in MILLIONS?

16. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    That's not even related to capitalism.
    cap·i·tal·ism
    ˈkapədlˌizəm/Submit
    noun
    an economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit, rather than by the state.

17. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,869
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    You must understand that stats have to be viewed by looking at raw data too.... if you had gun deaths last year of 10.54 per 100 000 population (and you did) and it went to 10.64, you percent increase is only 1 percent approx...... while the UK had a rate of 0.23 per 100000, and increasing to 0.31 is a 40% increase ... but gee the differences between the rates is stark wouldnt you agree?

18. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    44% of households.

19. SkyWriting

+8,318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    40% growth is a much bigger systemic problem.

I'd focus on that first. The 1% growth is a problem.
    The 40% growth shows that the system is really screwed up.

20. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,869
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    You dont comment on other nations issues? Well most do because people external to a country can lend a different perspective, though I recognize you may not find it welcome