TheNorwegian

Aug 17, 2015
Norway
✟89,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I post on here maybe once a month... I did not see the alert until I logged in today.
the above post is accurate in having a written request and grant permission of a firearm. I lived in Honningsvag... very few live there... it's pretty remote from most of Norway. We had weapons for wild animals above all else.

The only place in Norway people carry firearms to protect themselves from wild animals is in the islands of Svalbard, where there are polar bears. In the around Honningsvåg there are no forests, so I assume the only wild animals of some size are seals. But seals are not known to go around attacking humans

There's a fox issue up there... although encouraged not to shoot them, some do when they attack children. It's rare now from what I'm told.

I have not heard one single story about a fox attacking a human - ever.
This sounds completely made up

. I'll be in Bergen next year in April. Log distance from Honningsvag... I was asked when I moved there to get a firearm so I assumed it was law. It puzzled me when I had to get permission but my assumptions are incorrect and inaccurate.

Who one earth asks you to get a firearm in Bergen? This must be if you do shooting for sport, as there nearest polar bears are 2.000 kilometres north of the city (excluding those in the zoo)

Upvote 0

Ovlov90

Dec 7, 2017
Napanoch
✟12,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The next step will be outright banning of certain classes of weapons. That will not work. Outright comfiscation will not work. People will kust drive cars into crowds and find other ways to kill. You all are so naive that banning firearms will make you any safer. Methods will just change. Like I said after Boston marathon, now to register pressure cookers. We have the second amendment to keep a protection against unjust government. I believe I should be able to be armed to the same level as my local police dept. Im so sad all you folks actually TRUST your governing authorities. No government looks out for the people it represents. Government only exists to perpetrate itself.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0