Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christian liberals support increased Gun Control and even an all out gun ban because "If we can save just ONE life, then it's all worth it" - yet these same liberals are perfectly happy to stand by and allow the teaching of evolution to destroy a young person's eternal life by convincing them there's no God and no Judgment Day.

So, in the same way, would it not be equally worth it to ban the teaching of evolution across the board if it will save just ONE person from ending up eternally lost?

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many Christian liberals support increased Gun Control and even an all out gun ban because "If we can save just ONE life, then it's all worth it" - yet these same liberals are perfectly happy to stand by and allow the teaching of evolution to destroy a young person's eternal life by convincing them there's no God and no Judgment Day.

So, in the same way, would it not be equally worth it to ban the teaching of evolution across the board if it will save just ONE person from ending up eternally lost?
Honestly, I do not see the correlation between evolution and gun control. Besides, if you "live by the sword, you will die by the sword". At least the liberal side is taking this seriously. Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, I do not see the correlation between evolution and gun control. Besides, if you "live by the sword, you will die by the sword". At least the liberal side is taking this seriously. Blessings

But, if it will just save ONE life for eternity with God....right?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Evolution is taught as scientific theory and at an early age. The issue is at an early age .... children don't understand what theory really means.

There is nothing wrong with theory .... but theory is often based on assumptions and interpretations of data collected (and there are many interpretations of that data).

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But, if it will just save ONE life for eternity with God....right?

And if it's not an offense against God. What do you think He'd say about that?

That's quite strong condemnation against others don't you think?

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And if it's not an offense against God. What do you think He'd say about that?

That's quite strong condemnation against others don't you think?
My friend, denying what Jesus Himself affirmed as literal and true - Genesis - is not a question of whether it offends God, only whether the offense is rooted in misguided teachings or malice - God alone knows.

My job is to look with compassion upon all who do so as victims of deception, and love them and try to help them see that not only is a literal interpretation of Creation possible, but far less objectionable to both historic and observational science.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My friend, denying what Jesus Himself affirmed as literal and true - Genesis - is not a question of whether it offends God, only whether the offense is rooted in misguided teachings or malice - God alone knows.

My job is to look with compassion upon all who do so as victims of deception, and love them and try to help them see that not only is a literal interpretation of Creation possible, but far less objectionable to both historic and observational science.
No human was there, so no one will be eternal lost over it.

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No human was there, so no one will be eternal lost over it.
Jesus - the One Who created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day, according to the testimony of John 1:1-14 KJV - was there, and He affirmed the Creation account in person when He came to Earth in 1st century A.D.

Scripture says there's only one fate for those who "add to" or "take away" from Scripture (Revelation 22:18-19 KJV) and it ain't pretty - that's why I'm trying to show you how wrong it is to reject a literal six day creation where He in the beginning created "male and female", and instead insist it took God "millions and millions of years" of evolution to get us here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus - the One Who created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day, according to the testimony of John 1:1-14 KJV - was there, and He affirmed the Creation account in person when He came to Earth in 1st century A.D.

Scripture says there's only one fate for those who "add to" or "take away" from Scripture (Revelation 22:18-19 KJV) and it ain't pretty - that's why I'm trying to show you how wrong it is to reject a literal six day creation where He in the beginning created "male and female", and instead insist it took God "millions and millions of years" of evolution to get us here.
Not in human form before hand, no human was there.

I don't reject the six days, just not the 24 hour per day concept. There's new lights that has been spotted by the James Web Tele looking back in time. Suspected galaxies that may have formed extremely quick and they defy any known theory about galaxy formation. So scientist are learning a tad bit more about the universe in which time goes right out the window on the grand scale of things.

Pertaining to the add to scripture or subject I do agree but a interpretation of those said words is the opposite of either subtract or add.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Want to talk about adding stuff how about verses and chapters in the 1500's?. Who approved the additions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not in human form before hand, no human was there.

I don't reject the six days, just not the 24 hour per day concept. There's new lights that has been spotted by the James Web Tele looking back in time. Suspected galaxies that may have formed extremely quick and they defy any known theory about galaxy formation. So scientist are learning a tad bit more about the universe in which time goes right out the window on the grand scale of things.

Pertaining to the add to scripture or subject I do agree but a interpretation of those said words is the opposite of either subtract or add.

2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Want to talk about adding stuff how about verses and chapters in the 1500's?. Who approved the additions?
Creationists were not surprised at all while atheists were stunned by finding the opposite of what they expected - and they not only got it right about what the telescope would reveal, but also predicted exactly how the atheists would respond.

Why is it that Creationism always seems to be one step ahead of (pseudo) science?

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Creationists were not surprised at all while atheists were stunned by finding the opposite of what they expected - and they not only got it right about what the telescope would reveal, but also predicted exactly how the atheists would respond.

Why is it that Creationism always seems to be one step ahead of (pseudo) science?

Maybe because they don't think of a creator.

On the little red dots, at this point its a theory they are looking at galaxies.

And it is possible to look at the night sky without stars, bootes void.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This may initially sound like it is off topic but have patience. I learned to speak German with the help of a teacher when I was 12ish. I had always wanted to be a soldier so 5 years later I was in the Army and was stationed in a German city I had never heard of Dachau. But I soon learned it was the flagship of many death/concentration camps. It literally reeked of death. '58ish all the bldgs were still standing. I lived in the former SS guard barracks, there were rifle racks built into the walls. There were two crematory bldgs. around which were 6x6ft plots which were filled with ashes with a marble marker which read in 3 languages "The grave of many thousand unknown", "Die grab von viele tausend unbekannt." I can't remember the French. The prisoner barracks had been converted to apartments and was a refugee camp for people fleeing communist countries. There is much more but to be brief, I said all that to say this the Nazis did not start off with prison camps they began by disarming all the private citizens so when certain groups were declared to be undesirable they could not resist. But some will argue "It can't happen in the USA we have laws." I'm old enough to remember when all US citizens of Japanese heritage were rounded up, all their property confiscated and they were placed in camps not unlike the concentration camps of Nazi Germany.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is much more but to be brief, I said all that to say this the Nazis did not start off with prison camps they began by disarming all the private citizens so when certain groups were declared to be undesirable they could not resist. But some will argue "It can't happen in the USA we have laws." I'm old enough to remember when all US citizens of Japanese heritage were rounded up, all their property confiscated and they were placed in camps not unlike the concentration camps of Nazi Germany.
Thank you for the real warning, many gun control advocates have no idea what they are doing or possibly will end up with if they are successful disarming law abiding citizens.

Both evolution and gun control are deceitful, so then we know where they come from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Is this a genuine question, or are you simply baiting?

Because Christians, regardless of political persuasion, don't have a problem with evolution. You'll find "liberal" Christians, and you'll find "conservative" Christians who accept evolution equally. And in both cases they're still Christians.

As a Christian who is left-leaning politically, and who accepts the theory of evolution without any trouble, I can also tell you the following:

I believe in one God, the Father, Almighty Maker of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
Who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, buried, and descended into hell; and who rose on the third day, ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and from whence He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit.
I believe in the holy catholic Church.
I believe in the forgiveness of sins.
I believe in the resurrection of the body.
I believe in the life everlasting.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a genuine question, or are you simply baiting?

Because Christians, regardless of political persuasion, don't have a problem with evolution. You'll find "liberal" Christians, and you'll find "conservative" Christians who accept evolution equally. And in both cases they're still Christians.

As a Christian who is left-leaning politically, and who accepts the theory of evolution without any trou
Theistic evolutionists keep saying evolution isn't a threat to believers because their own faith is still intact despite their evolutionary beliefs.

WHAT ABOUT THE OVER 175,000,000+ RESPONSIBLE U.S. GUN OWNERS WHO AREN'T A THREAT TO ANYONE, EITHER?

Please answer the question:
If banning guns is "worth it if we can save just one life" - isn't banning the teaching of evolution equally worth it if we can save just one life from eternal damnation?

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Theistic evolutionists keep saying evolution isn't a threat to believers because their own faith is still intact despite their evolutionary beliefs.

WHAT ABOUT THE OVER 175,000,000+ RESPONSIBLE U.S. GUN OWNERS WHO AREN'T A THREAT TO ANYONE, EITHER?

Please answer the question:
If banning guns is "worth it if we can save just one life" - isn't banning the teaching of evolution equally worth it if we can save just one life from eternal damnation?

First of all, do you know anyone who wants to ban ALL firearms to ALL people? Second of all, it's a false comparison.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Phoneman-777

Dec 11, 2022
Deep South
✟31,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, do you know anyone who wants to ban ALL firearms to ALL people? Second of all, it's a false comparison.

-CryptoLutheran
Yes, there are many who want to ban guns. ASK THE NRA, they'll tell you.

Tell me, which of these do you think is more of a concern to God:
  • a saved person who dies via a gunshot and spends eternity in heaven
  • a lost person who dies an atheist because an evolutionary professor mocked the existence of God

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, there are many who want to ban guns. ASK THE NRA, they'll tell you.

Why would I trust the NRA? And I'm not going to ask the NRA, I'm asking you.

Tell me, which of these do you think is more of a concern to God:
  • a saved person who dies via a gunshot and spends eternity in heaven
  • a lost person who dies an atheist because an evolutionary professor mocked the existence of God

That's not a game I intend to play.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0