• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟349,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their brains are different....Abnormal....

Again, only if male or female brains are abnormal.

Yes it does. Normal is for the brain structure to agree with the sexuality of the physical body

True, but that doesn't make the brain abnormal, it just causes a mismatch between the gender of the brain and the gender of the body (which is basically exactly what transsexuals claim).

You spoke of their brains as being not the norm.....

No, I said it was more like the brain of the opposite sex. You do realize no two brains are the same, so by this "definition" basically everyone has a brain that is not the norm?

Brain studies are also done with schizophrenia etc,.
Copy and paste below
Begin quotes

"Schizophrenia Brain vs. Neurotypical Brain - Healthline

View attachment 351352
www.healthline.com/health/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-brain-vs-normal-brain

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=87d0...Lmdvdi9wbWMvYXJ0aWNsZXMvUE1DOTA4MDc4OC8&ntb=1

"Neurobiology of Schizophrenia: A Comprehensive Review

"WEBApr 8, 2022 · MRI studies of the brain reveal structural changes in the same brain regions that are believed to affect overall functioning in patients with schizophrenia. The pathophysiology of schizophrenia is complex, and it has been studied for years with many …
  • DOI: 10.7759/cureus.23959
  • Published: 2022/04
  • Publication: Cureus. 2022 Apr; 14(4): e23959."

Yes, and as it states it affects "overall functioning" of the brain; which means they function in an abnormal way. Transsexuals brains are normal, and function just as they are supposed to, just that there is a mismatch between the gender of the brain and the gender of the body.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟215,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Again, only if male or female brains are abnormal.

True, but that doesn't make the brain abnormal, it just causes a mismatch between the gender of the brain and the gender of the body (which is basically exactly what transsexuals claim).
The mismatch is not the norm.
No, I said it was more like the brain of the opposite sex. You do realize no two brains are the same, so by this "definition" basically everyone has a brain that is not the norm?

Yes, and as it states it affects "overall functioning" of the brain; which means they function in an abnormal way. Transsexuals brains are normal, and function just as they are supposed to, just that there is a mismatch between the gender of the brain and the gender of the body.
You are making no sense. If no two brains are the same then brains have nothing to do with identifying anything in transgenderism. There is no norm.
But a brain condition can affect the mind, therefore an illness of the mind.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟349,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mismatch is not the norm.

That's nice. I suppose if it was, you wouldn't have any concern about transsexuals, would you? This is no different than saying that left handed people are not the norm. Not being "normal" does not equal bad or wrong.

You are making no sense. If no two brains are the same then brains have nothing to do with identifying anything in transgenderism. There is no norm.
But a brain condition can affect the mind, therefore an illness of the mind.

Tell me, are any two people exactly the same? Do they have the same intellect, the same body mass, the same voices, etc? Are any two men, or any two women (with the possible exception of identical twins, though even there you typically have minor differences) exactly the same? Yet, despite Melissa McCarthy and Melissa Rauch being quite different (to merely use two well known actresses who share a first name), I'm guessing you have no issue identifying both as women and as people?

It doesn't make sense only if you are trying to force your own predetermined biases into the claims. People have differences and no two are the same (with the minor caveat of identical twins), yet there are still enough commonalities that we can identify them as humans. The same with male and female brains -- while people's brains still vary, there are commonalities that allow us to typically determine if the person the brain belongs to is male or female. Transsexuals don't have a brain condition -- their brains are completely normal human brains -- just that it appears their brains are structured like the opposite sexes rather than the sex of their body.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟261,028.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A large section of the population is not doing as well as the statistics would indicate. Poll numbers have confirmed this.
What exactly are you saying? Consider the statistical measure of the median. By the very nature of this metric, 1/2 of the population will be below, and 1/2 will be above. But if, for example, the median income has gone up, on average, most people are doing better than they were before.
You can show people statistics and tell them how well things are going but for a lot of people their situation is not better and I predict that many of them are going to cast their votes hoping to improve their circumstances
They are going to vote hoping to improve their circumstances? Suppose my personal circumstances are not good, but the economy is surging and most measures of economic health are dramatically up. I would be a fool to expect a change would be better unless, of course, I had solid reasons to think the alternative to the current government would be even better.
You’re basically telling them they are engaging in faulty thinking for acknowledging what is reality to them.
Well, bad thinking is bad thinking. It makes no sense, repeat no sense, to vote based on your personal economic circumstances unless, of course, you have credible reasons to believe that some particular policy of the alternative party you're planning to vote for will improve your circumstances.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟191,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What exactly are you saying? Consider the statistical measure of the median. By the very nature of this metric, 1/2 of the population will be below, and 1/2 will be above. But if, for example, the median income has gone up, on average, most people are doing better than they were before.

They are going to vote hoping to improve their circumstances? Suppose my personal circumstances are not good, but the economy is surging and most measures of economic health are dramatically up. I would be a fool to expect a change would be better unless, of course, I had solid reasons to think the alternative to the current government would be even better.

Well, bad thinking is bad thinking. It makes no sense, repeat no sense, to vote based on your personal economic circumstances unless, of course, you have credible reasons to believe that some particular policy of the alternative party you're planning to vote for will improve your circumstances.
Or that some particular policy of the party currently in power is targeting them, which I think is the state of belief of many conservatives.

Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟164,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

They are comparing how they were doing before the pandemic with how they are doing now and many feel they were doing better under Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟191,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They are comparing how they were doing before the pandemic with how they are doing now and many feel they were doing better under Trump.
OK, and they may be right. But the argument that it is due solely to Biden's policies falls flat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟168,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The set of people who understand the economy.
Economics is the profession of being wrong about “what’s wrong with the present economy” and getting paid for it.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟264,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The set of people who understand the economy.
Your so blinded by the ad hominem fallacy that you cannot seperate my personal opinion from the expert opinion of the sources I am quoting. The source was a government economic agency. I would hope they know what they are talking about.

But still who knows because when you engage in fallacies we never get to discuss the accuracy of the source.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟264,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think people are losing sight of the forest through the trees when it comes to what makes economic good sense and health. Any situation no matter individual, household, business, corporation or nation that is debt to the level of what the US is will not be in good financial condition.

If we likened the US to an individual or household in massive debtyou may be able to get another credit card or get some money coming in to spend up and make things seem ok for the time being. But if this does not pay down the debt then the debt will increase to a point where its unbearable.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I've been this way ten years to the day...
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟273,180.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your so blinded by the ad hominem fallacy that you cannot seperate my personal opinion...
Your 'personal opinion' was that if inflation doubles from (say) 10% to 20% then the cost of living has doubled.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟191,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Your so blinded by the ad hominem fallacy that you cannot seperate my personal opinion from the expert opinion of the sources I am quoting. The source was a government economic agency. I would hope they know what they are talking about.

But still who knows because when you engage in fallacies we never get to discuss the accuracy of the source.
You forgot to show him your US government map of the Mississippi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟264,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your 'personal opinion' was that if inflation doubles from (say) 10% to 20% then the cost of living has doubled.
No I said the cost of living has trippled. I acknowledged I used some hyperbole and it wasn't quite trippled. But inflation has gone up nearly three times as fast as it did pre covid so in that sense its gone up way faster than normal.

But heres the issue. Your wanting to get bogged down in the small detail when the fact is the cost of living had gone up much faster and higher that it did under Trump pre covid. Your trying to muddy the waters as to the fact that the cost of living was high and people suffered and that is what they remember and rate Biden badly for.

Your trying to discredit me so you can discredit the facts. One logical fallacy after another.

Last edited:
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟191,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No I said the cost of living has trippled. I acknowledged I used some hyperbole and it wasn't qite trippled. But inflation has gone us nearly three times as fast as it did pre covid so in that sense its gone up way faster than normal.

But heres the issue. Your wanting to get bogged down in the small detail when the fact is the cost of living had gone up much faster and higher that it did under Trump pre covid. Your trying to muddy the waters as to the fact that the cost of living was high and people suffered and that is what they remember and rate Biden badly for.

Your trying to discredit me so you can discredit the facts. One logical fallacy after another.
It's a fact. You're right. Some components of the cost of living have increased faster than inflation. That's your map of the Mississippi. Now show us, using that map, that Tom Sawyer was a real boy.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟264,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a fact. You're right. Some components of the cost of living have increased faster than inflation. That's your map of the Mississippi. Now show us, using that map, that Tom Sawyer was a real boy.
So how does the story of Tom Sawyer relate to the link I posted. What part of the link would represent and be equivelant to a ficticious story. Show me the like for like comparison between the two.

We have two different issues. One is the facts and one is a ficticious story. What part of the government agencies facts is the ficticious part.

Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟264,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OK, and they may be right. But the argument that it is due solely to Biden's policies falls flat.
But then you claim that all the negative news on the conomy no matter what is solely Trumps fault. You can't have it both ways.

Upvote 0