Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't care because God knows I am His. I would tell them in trial, they wouldn't have to look for evidence.
Why wouldn't they have to look for evidence? Jesus said by their fruit you'll know them.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why? Like I said, I would tell them point blank.
1 Peter 3:15 - "But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully."

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why wouldn't they have to look for evidence? Jesus said by their fruit you'll know them.
Looking back on this, Jesus was referring to false prophets.(My 7:15-20). So I hope I wouldn't be on trial for being a false prophet. lol

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Guilty or not guilty?
Considering the command below, I would say that the Lord wants each of us to know whether we have come to possess eternal life or not (and that, on this side of the grave).

2 Corinthians 13
5 Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?

Which begs the question, what are the "tests" that we use to examine ourselves (to see whether we are in the faith/in Christ or not)?

--David
p.s. - here is one of the ways that we know.

Pink - Grieving Over Sin.jpg

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, when Paul was tried, he was tried for claims which were false. He was not tried for the Christian things he did. But ones set up false witnesses, even.

And secular leaders even could see through how evil people were making things up against Paul.

There are worldly people who don't even know what makes us truly Christians. They might praise or criticize us for what are not the main things.

Upvote 0

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You know it's been asked..If you were on trial and accused of being a Christian, would your accusers have enough evidence to convict you of that? What say you?
I suppose I'll find out when the day comes. Until then, I'll continue to learn to follow Jesus, and just see what happens when I get there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristServant

Aug 23, 2020
South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know it's been asked..If you were on trial and accused of being a Christian, would your accusers have enough evidence to convict you of that? What say you?

I hope so or I wouldn't be much of a Christian if my life didn't show that I was a Chritsian it in both words and deeds.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

We no longer look to be served. We look to serve and give our lives for others. No longer fight for privilege, influence and status. We esteem others better than ourselves and put their interests above our own.

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0