Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Long ago when I was a kid I showed my younger sister my penis for no good reason because I was being stupid. I feel as though I knew better, but I did it anyway. As if to taunt her. It was immature of me and she was too young to see that. I know I shouldn't cry over spilled milk and I do accept Jesus as my lord and savior now, but the memory haunts me badly. Has anyone been through something like this? How can I get over it? I feel like I committed such a terrible sin now that I thought about it.

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Ethan,

Thanks for confessing that. It was inappropriate, though still something you can be forgiven for.

How old were you and your sister when this happened? How long ago was it? Have you ever apologized to your sister for what you did?

Ultimately, the main thing is that you feel remorse for what you did, and beg God for forgiveness. The answers to the questions I asked in the above paragraph may give you insight about whether it's worth sharing that remorse with your sister too. It's tricky, as in some situations it's best to just let "sleeping dogs lie". So the situation definitely requires wisdom.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟796,066.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DiscipleEthan, I understand what you're saying. Once we have repented, we just have to take our eyes off the sin and put them on Yeshua and His sacrifice. "It" pales in comparison. Makes us even more thankful.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isa 1:18

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ethan,

Thanks for confessing that. It was inappropriate, though still something you can be forgiven for.

How old were you and your sister when this happened? How long ago was it? Have you ever apologized to your sister for what you did?

Ultimately, the main thing is that you feel remorse for what you did, and beg God for forgiveness. The answers to the questions I asked in the above paragraph may give you insight about whether it's worth sharing that remorse with your sister too. It's tricky, as in some situations it's best to just let "sleeping dogs lie". So the situation definitely requires wisdom.

Thanks for your wisdom. I don't know the exact date but it might have been when I was 10 or 11 and she was 8 or 9. So I think it was pretty bad...

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Ethan,

I'm glad you found my comments helpful. And thanks for your honesty in sharing what you did. The Bible says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1John 1:9) So confession is definitely the road to forgiveness and healing.

As relates to your sister... how old are you now? Has your sister ever mentioned the incident to you (or anyone else that you know of) since it happened?

If SHE has talked about the incident to you or someone else in the recent past, then the circumstanes could be appropriate for you to address it with her, and apologize for your behaviour.

That said, if the incident happened many years ago, and your sister has more or less wiped it from her memory, then re-hashing it with her MAY cause more harm than good. I think it's very important (spiritually) that you be WILLING to address what you did to your sister with your sister, and apologize directly to her for your bad behaviour. With that willingness there, you're in a beter place to ask God whether He wants you to address it with your sister now, since you are willing to hear what you don't want to hear (a key for hearing from God).

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Ethan,

I'm glad you found my comments helpful. And thanks for your honesty in sharing what you did. The Bible says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1John 1:9) So confession is definitely the road to forgiveness and healing.

As relates to your sister... how old are you now? Has your sister ever mentioned the incident to you (or anyone else that you know of) since it happened?

If SHE has talked about the incident to you or someone else in the recent past, then the circumstanes could be appropriate for you to address it with her, and apologize for your behaviour.

That said, if the incident happened many years ago, and your sister has more or less wiped it from her memory, then re-hashing it with her MAY cause more harm than good. I think it's very important (spiritually) that you be WILLING to address what you did to your sister with your sister, and apologize directly to her for your bad behaviour. With that willingness there, you're in a beter place to ask God whether He wants you to address it with your sister now, since you are willing to hear what you don't want to hear (a key for hearing from God).

Hope that helps.

I'm 21 now and it happened ten years ago give or take. She's almost 19. She never brought it up to me or anyone else after that.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Childhood experimentation does (I think) happen, much, much more than is commonly known or talked about...

"You shown me yours, and I'll show you mine", or "You touch or play with mine, and I'll touch and play with yours" is only the beginnings about our natural curiousity about our sexuality and our private parts...

I had some sexual childhood experiences with some of my cousins, but to this day (while it's embarrassing for all of us) we grew out of it and now that we're adults, we don't hold it against each other and chalk it up to natural, childhood curiousity about our private parts and our sexuality...

Ask for forgiveness, and have faith that you have received it, and forgive yourself, Jesus does, so you just need to forgive yourself and let go of it...

Hope that helps,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Long ago when I was a kid I showed my younger sister my penis for no good reason because I was being stupid. I feel as though I knew better, but I did it anyway. As if to taunt her. It was immature of me and she was too young to see that. I know I shouldn't cry over spilled milk and I do accept Jesus as my lord and savior now, but the memory haunts me badly. Has anyone been through something like this? How can I get over it? I feel like I committed such a terrible sin now that I thought about it.

When I was about eight years old, I taught my younger cousins (2 & 3 yrs old) some swear words, getting them to repeat each swear word I told them. Many other nasty things I done also in my childhood. I used to throw rocks at cars. I used to harass pets, I tortured insects.I'm just starting to feel the sorrow of those horrible deeds; granted I'm sure the sorrow will increase with further time in my sanctification.The point of the sorrow is to drive the person to the throne of grace.God forgives all who come to Him. It doesn't matter what you've done in the past: as long as you come to Him. He turns no one away. He is rich unto all that call upon Him. He will forgive you according to His abundant treasures of mercy and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Childhood experimentation does (I think) happen, much, much more than is commonly known or talked about...

"You shown me yours, and I'll show you mine", or "You touch or play with mine, and I'll touch and play with yours" is only the beginnings about our natural curiousity about our sexuality and our private parts...

I had some sexual childhood experiences with some of my cousins, but to this day (while it's embarrassing for all of us) we grew out of it and now that we're adults, we don't hold it against each other and chalk it up to natural, childhood curiousity about our private parts and our sexuality...

Ask for forgiveness, and have faith that you have received it, and forgive yourself, Jesus does, so you just need to forgive yourself and let go of it...

Hope that helps,

God Bless!

That makes me feel a little better. But it wasn't curiosity unfortunately. I showed her it as if to taunt her and spite her. That's what makes me feel bad

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That makes me feel a little better. But it wasn't curiosity unfortunately. I showed her it as if to taunt her and spite her. That's what makes me feel bad

"Taunt her and spite her" How so? How would showing her your penis do that?

Could you give a little more detail about how showing her your penis would taunt and spite her, I don't get it?

Could you describe your thinking process as to how that would taunt and spite her?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DiscipleEthan

Sep 23, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Visit site
✟17,384.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Taunt her and spite her" How so? How would showing her your penis do that?

Could you give a little more detail about how showing her your penis would taunt and spite her, I don't get it?

Could you describe your thinking process as to how that would taunt and spite her?

God Bless!

It's hard to explain. I was getting mad at her about something. Then I showed her my penis as an insult. like how people will show their butts as an insult but in this case I showed my penis. It was very inappropriate

Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ethan we go thru a refining fire when we feel this way........God will show you how much His BIG Love is. I promise............I have had thoughts and I was scared that i was a pedophile and I have PURE O OCD.........Look up POCD on google and it will show you the anxiety disorder, even tho I no longer go thru that it taught me to have the strength to forgive myself. Never acted out on it and was delivered by God and you will be too......

Life has it's ups and downs and even tho you where well of age with a conscience knowing it was wrong.......Allow God to help you forgive yourself........I look down on no one.....If they are willing to repent than I am overjoyed of the Salvation because i know what it feels like to be the Prodigal Son coming home in humility and receiving a Rode and Sandals just because God loved a wretch like me......

Don't be so hard on yourself......God forgives you......How is your sister doing about it? She is well over the age to remember something like that so if she thought it was just brother sister goof off then forgive yourself and maybe ask God to help you confess to your sister it was wrong and ask for forgivness. I admire your willingness to come forward and see that our sin nature once ruled but now we have the Holy Ghost to guide us......

My blessings to you, your dear brother Daniel.

Upvote 0