Obama to Russia: "After my election I have more flexibility."

Which presidential candidate said to Russia, "After my election I have more flexibility."

• Barack Obama

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernie Sanders

• John McCain

• Al Gore

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bill Richardson

• Donald Trump

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Marco Rubio

• Ralph Nader

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
See the following:

Well, thank goodness for that. His mysoganistic philandering is therefore completely excusable, and shame on the American public for daring to make an issue of it.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, thank goodness for that. His mysoganistic philandering is therefore completely excusable, and shame on the American public for daring to make an issue of it.
It wasn't as bad as the fact of how it was obtained and used for a dirty political hit job.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It wasn't as bad as the fact of how it was obtained and used for a dirty political hit job.

Indeed -- shame on the media (as always) for daring to attempt to tarnish the reputation of this sainted paragon of humanity.
The tape should have been burned once they realized who was talking.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I posted this in another thread, but I thought it was interesting and added to your topic:

In principle, as stressed by Trump national-security adviser H. R. McMaster, there is nothing wrong with the concept of back channels. All administrations use them. See, for instance, John Hinderaker’s report on President Obama’s establishment of a back channel with the Iranian regime in 2008, when it was already clear Obama would be the next president and when his pre-inauguration signaling to the mullahs undermined the Bush administration, just as the Obama administration no doubt felt undermined by Trump’s transition outreach to Putin. The United States and Russia are global competitors with large nuclear arsenals and some important mutual interests. It is often desirable for adversaries to maintain open lines for frank communication beneath all of their public posturing. Obama certainly seemed to think so when, in his infamous hot-mic mishap, he beseeched Putin factotum Dmitry Medvedev to let Vlad know he’d have “more flexibility” to accommodate Russia on missile defense after the 2012 election was over.

Read more at: The Alleged Kushner–Kislyak Meeting: Amateur Hour May Be Worse Than ‘Collusion’

Seems to be a pretty clear case of people being ignorant of how politics work, or purposefully ignoring it.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed -- shame on the media (as always) for daring to attempt to tarnish the reputation of this sainted paragon of humanity.
The tape should have been burned once they realized who was talking.
The media could have released their secret weapon during the primaries, but their plan was to help Trump win the primaries and then destroy him later so that their candidate Hillary Clinton could go on to win. But the public was smart enough to see what they were doing, and it didn't work. And now the media cries and moans every day because they failed to manipulate the election.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The media could have released their secret weapon during the primaries, but their plan was to help Trump win the primaries and then destroy him later so that their candidate Hillary Clinton could go on to win.

I see -- and you were present during the planning session?

But the public was smart enough to see what they were doing, and it didn't work. And now the media cries and moans every day because they failed to manipulate the election.

Either that, or... the kind of people who support Trump honestly don't care how he talks about or treats women.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Exactly, which is why you didn't care, and still don't.
I care, but I could also see that it was a cheap political trick. And I could see that the other side is far worse when it comes to lewdness and profanity. Did you not care that the Hillary Clinton campaign featured Jay Z?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I care, but I could also see that it was a cheap political trick.
sounds like your indignation more than cancels out any alleged caring.

And I could see that the other side is far worse when it comes to lewdness and profanity.

If you say Hillary Clinton is far more lewd and profane than Donald Trump, I'm not so sure I want to see you try to prove that... :)

Did you not care that the Hillary Clinton campaign featured Jay Z?

Not in the slightest -- the man's a brilliant musician and producer. I was skeptical when Baz Luhrmann brought him in for The Great Gatsby, but I'll be the first to admit that I was pleasantly surprised.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hillary Clinton Reset Button.jpg

Hillary and Putin 1.jpg

Hillary and Putin 2.jpg

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's no big deal to Democrats because it was Obama who did it.

It's no big deal to anyone because a sitting President having an off-mike conversation with another world leader isn't a big deal.

Upvote 0