Obama to Russia: "After my election I have more flexibility."

Which presidential candidate said to Russia, "After my election I have more flexibility."

• Barack Obama

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernie Sanders

• John McCain

• Al Gore

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bill Richardson

• Donald Trump

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Marco Rubio

• Ralph Nader

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sitting President talked to a foreign government about having more flexibility after the election. Right wing somehow turned this into a scandal that only they understand.

They don't understand it, but they'll dutifully parrot it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Obama was right. He did have more flexibility. But he didn't say anything about fire someone . To make an investigate go away. To the very country that they are investigating.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"I did try to **** her. She was married. ... I moved on her like a ***** ...Grab them by the *****. You can do anything."

Didn't even know the mic was on -- what a lecherous slime.
Let he or she who has never spoken a dirty word cast the first stone.

And what did that incident have to do with national security?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Let he or she who has never spoken a dirty word cast the first stone.

And what did that incident have to do with national security?

I'm not sure where you're getting that "saying dirty words" is what people are condemning Trump in this recorded conversation for.

In the first part of the conversation, Trump, who was married to Melania at the time, was bragging about making aggressive advances on a married woman.

In the second part of the conversation, Trump says that whenever he sees a pretty woman, he just starts kissing them (without their permission) and then can grab them by wherever he wants because he can "get away with anything".

Trump could say string after string of dirty words and it wouldn't be a big deal. Bragging about infidelity and sexual assault, on the other hand, is certainly worth condemnation, at least in my book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He used vulgar language, but what he said is true. There are women who throw themselves onto celebrities. They are known as groupies. And one should keep in mind that he was a liberal back then.

The media was saving that tape for just the right moment. Their plan was to build up Trump and then tear him down with that tape so that their candidate Hillary could win. They feigned indignation at the profanity. But it didn't work. Their plan backfired on them. And now they cry every day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
He used vulgar language, but what he said is true. There are women who throw themselves onto celebrities. They are known as groupies. And one should keep in mind that he was a liberal back then.

The media was saving that tape for just the right moment. Their plan was to build up Trump and then tear him down with that tape so that their candidate Hillary could win. They feigned indignation at the profanity. But it didn't work. Their plan backfired on them. And now they cry every day.

You might be right. The good part for me is that the Christians who voted for him have now lost the right to feign indignation at similar things. So, there's a silver lining.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why are you attacking Christians?

Oh please. I've spent a lot of my life watching pearl clutching over entertainment that was a lot less graphic than what Trump did. If people could ignore that, then I don't have to pay any mind to the pearl clutching.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

Who Trump was "back then" is who Trump was as a candidate, and who Trump is now. He is a vulgar man, who doesn't has no respect for the institution of marriage (he cheated on all of his wives, including attempting to seduce the wives of other men), who asserts himself onto women. Trump's comments in that conversation didn't say "women threw themselves at me", they specifically said "when I see an attractive women, I just start kissing them" He went on to say that he can do pretty much anything and get away with it because of his status. "groping women and getting away with it" is a far cry from "women throwing themselves at him". You have chosen to ignore what he said because he now aligns to your side of the aisle.

The "plan" did backfire. All of the Christians who support Trump who claim to believe in traditional marriage and respect women have shown themselves that those beliefs are, at best, secondary to having "their guy" in the White House.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh please. I've spent a lot of my life watching pearl clutching over entertainment that was a lot less graphic than what Trump did. If people could ignore that, then I don't have to pay any mind to the pearl clutching.
All of us are guilty of having used profanity at times in our life. But JayZ, who campaigned with Hillary Clinton, is a thousand times worse than Trump was in that tape. And, again, Trump was a liberal back then. Christians recognized that he changed. We know that he isn't perfect, but he has a lot of good qualities. And we knew that he wasn't nearly as bad as Clinton whose scandals involved national security and had a lot of evidence against her. And, unlike the surprise Access Hollywood tape, Clinton's scandals were already public knowledge before she became a candidate. The Democrat party made a dumb choice by rigging the primary election for her. And now we have President Trump because of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
All of us are guilty of having used profanity at times in our life. But JayZ is a thousand times worse than Trump was in that tape. And, again, Trump was a liberal back then. Christians recognized that he changed. We know that he isn't perfect, but he has a lot of good qualities. And we knew that he wasn't nearly as bad as Hillary Clinton whose scandals were public knowledge before she became a candidate.

He changed his ways without, even once, seeking forgiveness from God?

Hint: His "change" was called "political opportunism".

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He changed his ways without, even once, seeking forgiveness from God?

Hint: His "change" was called "political opportunism".
Trump made a promise to Christians, that he was going to be a Pro-Life president.

And he's been keeping his promises in as far as the left isn't able to block him.

Upvote 0