Feb 1, 2002
New York
Visit site
✟51,421.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I haven't...but a few women from my church went to the one that was in Hartford, CT a few weekends ago. They said it was AWESOME and we're working on getting a group of people to go next year (when it's in Albany, NY) so we can buy tickets early and stuff. I'm going to go then. :)

Upvote 0
Well I made it back!! The conference was Awesome!! There were several speakers, including Patsy Clairmont--loved her, Marilyn Meberg, Luci Swindoll, Sheila Walsh--she was awesome, and Thelma Wells. The Integrity Music Praise & Worship Team was there, they were great too. I absolutely loved Nicole Johnson, she is a dramatist and she was hilarious, I might even get one of her videos so hubby can watch it. But I loved her. We also heard a concert by Babbie Mason--talk about awesome, that was incrediable. Everytime the music would be performed I could feel my baby moving all over the place, so the baby loved the music too. We also heard from Heather Mercer & Dayna Curry the 2 girls that were put in prison in Afghanistan. They were incrediable, a lot different hearing from them in a Christian atmosphere then the news reports. They had said they were arrested for witnessing to the Afghan women, but then put in prison with 30 Afghan women. So God had provided more women for them to witness to. Then the Taliban had to watch the Jesus video after they arrested them so they had some proof to why they were arrested. And guess what? A year after their arrest, The Jesus Video was shown Nationaly on tv in Afghanistan!! They also said that while they were in prison they got a package from the US Embassy. They were looking for letters, but the guard started tossing out maxi pads to them and was kind of laughting. The 2 brands of maxi pads they got, out of all the different brands were ALWAYS & TRUST!! They were like, "God sent us a message through maxi pads." It was so funny. Then at the end when the US was bombing over there one of the women in prison with them was a German women and she told them she could see ANGELS with their arms all locked together guarding the prison they were in and that they would all be ok. It wasn't long after that they were freed.

The conference was a great experiance and the dates are already set for next year. I have the schedule, so if you want to know if it will be near you let me know. My church is planning on going again.

Also, I saw a couple of men, but not many, so I guess they could come if they really wanted to. All the bathrooms except for 1 were converted into women's bathrooms. It was estimated that 21,000 women were at the conference!! :clap:

Upvote 0

AnnMercy2

Goofball
Aug 18, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
✟4,976.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WOW, that gave me chills, I always love to hear of stories where God protects his children. I can imagine God using maxi pads to send a message, it's just like him to do something like that :D. I have defintly got to get out more and get a life, and get some friends so I can go to something like this, it sounds like an experiece that would be great with a group of close friends. Anyways, thanks for sharing :)

In Christ,
Anna

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums