Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Pig meat is pretty well eliminated just based on the fat content. This is a leading cause of death.

The best reason to not eat it is because GOD said not to

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it is wrong for them to try and tell us that pork is unclean or that God commanded us to not eat it.
It is ok for the doctors to tell you that but it is not ok for the Bible to tell you? You should look into the Ornish diet. It is more strict than the Bible diet. The diet is low in fat, refined carbohydrates and animal protein, which Ornish says makes it the ideal diet. But it’s not just a diet: It also emphasizes exercise, stress management and relationships.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pig meat is pretty well eliminated just based on the fat content. This is a leading cause of death.
That's a very broad statement. The leading cause of death is not fat. Many people do very well on a Keto diet. There are people that do well on a carnivore diet. It's not the fat as much as the preservatives and sugar in most of our modern foods, plus that fact that most people don't get enough exercise.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not know of anyone that understands the Bible diet.

So, you have a need to understand before you give obedience? I am not sure just exactly how Christ's blood applies forward and backward to cover the world's sins to apply it. I just know it is covered because of scripture.

Why would a loving God tell anyone what not to eat? Because, that is what's best for them. If it once were best, it still is.
6-old-thumbsup.gif

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
From my understanding of the scriptures, the old testament dietary laws don't apply to us under the new covenant. All of the moral laws remain in place but those concerning food are not found in the NT.

Matthew 5:18

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

When did Heaven and Earth pass away?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The vision in acts 10 is about calling the gentiles unclean not abut the animals that had God had created unclean.

It's about both. All the Old Testament laws have been lifted. If you follow one of them you have to follow ALL of them.

Think of the history of these dietary laws: First, they are given to humankind before the days of Noah. Then, the Lord tells His people that they will be disease-free if they follow His laws (Exodus 15:26). The clean and unclean foods are clearly defined in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Peter’s vision shows us that Jesus did not abolish clean and unclean.

Paul tells believers to “touch not the unclean thing” and the Lord will receive them. John speaks of spiritual Babylon as a “cage of every unclean and hateful bird." In Isaiah’s prophesy of the new earth after the return of Christ, those who eat “swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together” (Isaiah 66:17). From one end of the Bible to the other, the concept of clean and unclean is upheld. It is a matter of health and well-being, not slavery.

Old Testament Dietary Laws | Original Bible Diet

A lot of the Old Testament laws made sense for the time and some can make for good principles for living, but that is all they are, healthy principles. They are no longer laws to be kept. God said do not call unclean what he has now called clean. And the following verse that I gave you Romans 14:14
14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

There is no unclean food any longer. The very reason pig was unclean was it represented us, the gentiles. We were the swine. We are no longer the swine, we are clean. Likewise, the pig is now also clean.

If you read further you will see that 2 Corinthians 6 is about being joined together with unbelievers, not food. Now it is the unbelievers who are the swine.
Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

2 Corinthians 6

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

You are calling pork unclean and that is fine for you personally. You have every right to find it unclean for yourself but you do not have the right to judge other believers on what they eat.

Romans 14:3
The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, no unusual nor ever an interpretation of Scripture (which Yahweh forbids), ...
as you said "how I (you) see them" .... that's not a good indicator for anyone itself , is it ?
Rather how God Sees them/ after all , it is His Word, right ?
And "feel" something is unclean is not a very good way to know if something is clean or unclean - I'm not sure of anyplace God says to go by feelings.

And finally, getting to the point I thought was easier, when God says children are unclean, they are unclean, REGARDLESS of your statement that "nothing is clean or unclean by itself because I (you) believe...."
When God says children are clean, they are likewise clean, again regardless of what anyone thinks.

Right ?
Romans
14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

That was written for our benefit, not theirs. These things are spiritual.

I already showed what benefits they had from obedience.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's about both. All the Old Testament laws have been lifted. If you follow one of them you have to follow ALL of them.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus filled the law when he died on the cross and God the Father tore the veil.

It has been fulfilled.

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Heaven and Earth passing away here is obviously a spiritual reference, not a physical one.

Jesus said a few times "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away"

If Jesus did not fulfil the law then we are still dead in our sins.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus filled the law when he died on the cross and God the Father tore the veil.

It has been fulfilled.

Romans 10:4
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Heaven and Earth passing away here is obviously a spiritual reference, not a physical one.

Jesus said a few times "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away"

If Jesus did not fulfil the law then we are still dead in our sins.

When you see the word "law" in your NT Bible; it is a translation of the Greek word "nomos." The Greek word "nomos" translates to the Hebrew word "torah." Torah means instruction. All of the instructions of the OT must come to pass before heaven or Earth pass away.

I'll give you this verse from the CLV or Clear Literal Version, for more clarity:

(CLV) Mt 5:18
For verily, I am saying to you, Till •heaven and •earth should be passing by, one iota or one serif may by no means be passing by from the law till all should be occurring~.

As far as Heaven and Earth being spiritual, YHWH's instructions are spiritual; but if we treat scripture as allegory (without it being expressly stated as allegory) ;then we can make the Bible say nearly anything we want it to say. This is a very slippery slope.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, you have a need to understand before you give obedience?
That is obvious. I do what I can. I try to avoid eating pig meat. I try to avoid eating shelled fish. Science does a lot of study on what is safe to eat and what is not but there is a lot of deception there when people try to sell their unhealthy food by promoting it as being healthy. I actually know very few people that follow a bible diet.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we can make the Bible say nearly anything we want it to say.
Not if we understand the Hebrew Letters. Which is something we all should have learned in Kindergarten. People do not understand the complexity because they do not know the simplicity. If they properly understood the simplicity that would help them with the complexity.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ". (2cor11:3)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not if we understand the Hebrew Letters. Which is something we all should have learned in Kindergarten. People do not understand the complexity because they do not know the simplicity. If they properly understood the simplicity that would help them with the complexity.

"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ". (2cor11:3)
Thank you, but....

The oldest known copies, of the verse I responded to, and the verse that you posted, are both written in Greek. I know the Hebrew alephbet; but it doesn't help me here. We would do well to get back on topic.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know the Hebrew alephbet; but it doesn't help me here. We would do well to get back on topic.
We are dealing with Hermeneutics and the first rule here is: "The rule of DEFINITION: What does the word mean?" If you know the alphabet then from your understanding of the meaning of the individual letters you would arrive at the meaning for the word that is made up of those letters. You use the word HARK in Hebrew which is a Yod - Vav & Two Heys. Because we start off with a Yod this is a very clear indication what we are to harken to. The fact that we have two Hey which in and of itself means to hark. So Hermeneutics works with our understanding of the Hebrew to give us our checks and balances in our understanding.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As gentiles, we never were under the Mosaic law, so the dietary laws never applied to us.
You can choose death if you want. God encourages us to make the right choice and to choose life. This is why Paul tells us: "That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep." (1 Cor 11:30) God has a plan for us to live out our full life and a early death is of no benefit to us. We are told: "The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books". Paul tells us: "If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved" (1cor3:15) If you do not follow the teachings of the Bible then you will suffer loss. Jesus tells us to build on a solid foundation and not on sand.

Upvote 0