Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I really like my position on this issue

If you all are right then I am okay
but if I am right are you ok?
Jesus and all those abiding in Him have His Joy, that no one can take away from them.
Being one with Jesus , as the Father and the Son are One, is good but rare.
It is true only of a few, as written.

Whoever <IS> Trusting Jesus has LIFE...
Whoever is not Trusting Jesus had not LIFE....

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How exactly was it for their benefit? Where does it say that?

1) It was obedience and there were blessings for obedience.
Deuteronomy 28
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:
And there is a list of blessings that follow.

2) Some would have understood that it was pointing towards a day when the sacrifices would stop. They didn't have Jesus but they knew they were sacrificing for the forgiveness of their sins. Some would have understood that it was pointing towards a day when the sacrifices would stop which would be cause for celebration. I am sure some felt closer to God as they sacrificed and worshipped as well. Yes, hazy reasons but I can see a variety of feelings coming out of obeying. People go to church to be spiritually fed, I see no reason why this type of ceremony could not have been the same.

3) It reminded them of sin and death and the consequences of sin. If obedience makes someone think about their life choices and makes them think about God, this too is of benefit.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does a child learn to do what is good and right and true from a righteous tutor,

or to do illegal things ?
I'm not following. We are saved by grace through faith. Works don't justify us. There are commands to follow in the NT, but they aren't the same as the Mosaic law.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Au contraire, I meditate and delight in God's laws. Try it sometime, it will really minister to you.
Yahweh declares that the man who meditates on TORAH daily is blessed,
but His meaning may be opposed to the religious leaders who believe they are doing that , right up until they die, then find out on Judgment Day that He tells them to be gone.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you really KNOW ? From Yahweh ?
For instance, what does Yahweh call unclean in the New Testament (Today) ?

Acts 10:15
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Romans 14:14
14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

If for them it is unclean, it is unclean. But it is wrong for them to try and tell us that pork is unclean or that God commanded us to not eat it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Galatians 3:24
Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ
Does a child learn to do what is good and right and true from a righteous tutor,

or to do illegal things ?

I'm not following. We are saved by grace through faith. Works don't justify us. There are commands to follow in the NT, but they aren't the same as the Mosaic law.
It is a simple question, straight-forward and honest.

If you have a 3 year old child, and hire a tutor, do you have the tutor train and teach the child to do good, to do what is right, to love the truth,
or to sin ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

If for them it is unclean, it is unclean. But it is wrong for them to try and tell us that pork is unclean or that God commanded us to not eat it.
Your post has nothing to do with the question I asked, that you quoted even.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a simple question, straight-forward and honest.

If you have a 3 year old child, and hire a tutor, do you have the tutor train and teach the child to do good, to do what is right, to love the truth,
or to sin ?
You train them to do right, but in this case, the tutor is only a shadow of the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then maybe I am not understanding the question?
Hopefully that is true, instead of the alternative which may be hoped not to be true.
I thought the question was simple and straightforward....
Was there something not clear about it to you ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You train them to do right, but in this case, the tutor is only a shadow of the truth.
Where is the TORAH
EVER called a shadow of anything ? (perhaps it is, but I don't remember such)

That's not the important question, but it is one to clear up first ....

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I was responding to someone who says that pork is not clean. I used Acts 10 to show that it is clean because God called it clean.

Then you asked for me to show you things in the New Testament that are unclean so I responded back with Romans 14:14

I thought about Mark 7:2-23 as well
2 and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed. 3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. 4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, “Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?”

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honour me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

But thought Roman's covered it well enough.

To me nothing is clean or unclean by itself because I believe Acts 10:15 “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
If you feel something is unclean it is unclean to you.

But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.
This is all of what I have already posted though so this is why I am confused. Unless of you have a different interpretation of those scriptures, but that is how I see them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
To me nothing is clean or unclean by itself because I believe Acts 10:15 “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”
If you feel something is unclean it is unclean to you.

But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.
This is all of what I have already posted though so this is why I am confused. Unless of you have a different interpretation of those scriptures, but that is how I see them.
No, no unusual nor ever an interpretation of Scripture (which Yahweh forbids), ...
as you said "how I (you) see them" .... that's not a good indicator for anyone itself , is it ?
Rather how God Sees them/ after all , it is His Word, right ?
And "feel" something is unclean is not a very good way to know if something is clean or unclean - I'm not sure of anyplace God says to go by feelings.

And finally, getting to the point I thought was easier, when God says children are unclean, they are unclean, REGARDLESS of your statement that "nothing is clean or unclean by itself because I (you) believe...."
When God says children are clean, they are likewise clean, again regardless of what anyone thinks.

Right ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1) It was obedience and there were blessings for obedience.
Deuteronomy 28
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. 2 All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:
And there is a list of blessings that follow.

2) Some would have understood that it was pointing towards a day when the sacrifices would stop. They didn't have Jesus but they knew they were sacrificing for the forgiveness of their sins. Some would have understood that it was pointing towards a day when the sacrifices would stop which would be cause for celebration. I am sure some felt closer to God as they sacrificed and worshipped as well. Yes, hazy reasons but I can see a variety of feelings coming out of obeying. People go to church to be spiritually fed, I see no reason why this type of ceremony could not have been the same.

3) It reminded them of sin and death and the consequences of sin. If obedience makes someone think about their life choices and makes them think about God, this too is of benefit.

That was written for our benefit, not theirs. These things are spiritual.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God saying "Take and eat" and "Do not call unclean what I have called clean" That isn't good enough for you? So basically you are saying you ignore what God tells you in the New Testament and follow the Old testament instead-okay.

The vision in acts 10 is about calling the gentiles unclean not abut the animals that had God had created unclean.

Acts 10
28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

No Jews were on Noah’s ark. Only later, the descendants of Abraham become known as “Jews.”iSo in the early days, God instructed them in the concept of “clean” and “unclean” animals. (Gen 7:2) the list predates the laws of Moses, therefore applying to all humanity, not just one particular group.

Think of the history of these dietary laws: First, they are given to humankind before the days of Noah. Then, the Lord tells His people that they will be disease-free if they follow His laws (Exodus 15:26). The clean and unclean foods are clearly defined in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14. Peter’s vision shows us that Jesus did not abolish clean and unclean.

Paul tells believers to “touch not the unclean thing” and the Lord will receive them. John speaks of spiritual Babylon as a “cage of every unclean and hateful bird." In Isaiah’s prophesy of the new earth after the return of Christ, those who eat “swine’s flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together” (Isaiah 66:17). From one end of the Bible to the other, the concept of clean and unclean is upheld. It is a matter of health and well-being, not slavery.

Old Testament Dietary Laws | Original Bible Diet

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

GOD did exactly that

Deuteronomy 8:3
And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

notice the last words in this verse it does not say "doth a Jew Live"

And Jesus our savior repeated it
Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Question 1: Romans 14:14 says,

Answer: Compare Romans 14 with 1 Corinthians 8-10. You will see that the same problem is being addressed—friction between two parties in the early Church.i

Jewish converts (aware of dietary laws) didn’t mind eating clean animals sold in the heathen markets. The Gentile converts thought heathen idols made sacrificed meat unclean:

As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one (1 Corinthians 8:4).

The argument wasn’t about dietary laws, but meat sacrificed to heathen idols. Paul urged Jewish and Gentile believers not to condemn each other based on sacrificed meat. Paul says this in 1 Corinthians 8:10-11:

For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol’s temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for which Christ died?

In other words, don’t make a brother feel he should ignore his uneasiness and try to eat sacrificed meat anyway. He would feel he is lost because his conscience wouldn’t let him rest.

New Testament Dietary Laws | Clean Animals vs. Unclean Animals

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married