Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exactly.
God removed the animal sacrifice because it wasn't needed any more, Jesus was the sacrifice.
Likewise God also has removed from us all the other Old Testament laws, including the ones on food, and all animals are now considered clean.

It was never needed.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was never needed.

It wasn't optional, God required it as part of the law.

Exodus 29:10-14
"Then you shall bring the bull before the tent of meeting, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the bull. "You shall slaughter the bull before the LORD at the doorway of the tent of meeting. "You shall take some of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar

Numbers 6:14
'He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,

Numbers 15:27

'Also if one person sins unintentionally, then he shall offer a one year old female goat for a sin offering.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't optional, God required it as part of the law.

Exodus 29:10-14
"Then you shall bring the bull before the tent of meeting, and Aaron and his sons shall lay their hands on the head of the bull. "You shall slaughter the bull before the LORD at the doorway of the tent of meeting. "You shall take some of the blood of the bull and put it on the horns of the altar with your finger; and you shall pour out all the blood at the base of the altar

Numbers 6:14
'He shall present his offering to the LORD: one male lamb a year old without defect for a burnt offering and one ewe-lamb a year old without defect for a sin offering and one ram without defect for a peace offering,

Numbers 15:27
'Also if one person sins unintentionally, then he shall offer a one year old female goat for a sin offering.

I never said "optional" I said "needed"
The were obligated to fulfil the law, but it was for our benefit, for it's spiritual significance.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said "optional" I said "needed"
The were obligated to fulfil the law, but it was for our benefit, for it's spiritual significance.

It was for their own benefit as well. I never mentioned why because that wasn't my point. I simply said the Jewish people needed to/had to/were told to sacrifice animals to comply with the law and that law has been done away with, the same as laws about food have.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was for their own benefit as well. I never mentioned why because that wasn't my point. I simply said the Jewish people needed to/had to/were told to sacrifice animals to comply with the law and that law has been done away with, the same as laws about food have.

How exactly was it for their benefit? Where does it say that?

Upvote 0

NBB

Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟445,778.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really like my position on this issue

If you all are right then I am okay
but if I am right are you ok?

You can just try to do the whole law "just in case" too.
But what about "eat everything in the meat market" verse, this is as clear as "you shall not kill" there is nothing there to interpret different.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I am with you Happy Camper, when I am resurrected I won't be caught being disobedient. Christians today, are so quick to throw away ordinances meant for our well being. They are happy to obey 9 of the Ten commandments. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am with you Happy Camper, when I am resurrected I won't be caught being disobedient. Christians today, are so quick to throw away ordinances meant for our well being. They are happy to obey 9 of the Ten commandments. :)
Hope you are obeying all 613 then. Because there were a lot more than 10.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hope you are obeying all 613 then. Because there were a lot more than 10.

Genesis 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 26:5
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

The commandments we are given are not the same ones Abraham was given.

• Hebrews 8:13
    In that He says, "A new covenant, " He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
  • Hebrews 8:6-9
    But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
  • Hebrews 10:3-10
    But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
    "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
    But a body You have prepared for Me.
    In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
    You had no pleasure.
    Then I said, "Behold, I have come—
    In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
    To do Your will, O God.""
    Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them " (which are offered according to the law), then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
  • Galatians 3:19
    What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

• Galatians 3:17
    And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

Galatians 3:21
    Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

Galatians 3:24
    Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The commandments we are given are not the same ones Abraham was given.

• Hebrews 8:13
    In that He says, "A new covenant, " He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
  • Hebrews 8:6-9
    But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. Because finding fault with them, He says: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD.
  • Hebrews 10:3-10
    But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins. Therefore, when He came into the world, He said:
    "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire,
    But a body You have prepared for Me.
    In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin
    You had no pleasure.
    Then I said, "Behold, I have come—
    In the volume of the book it is written of Me—
    To do Your will, O God.""
    Previously saying, "Sacrifice and offering, burnt offerings, and offerings for sin You did not desire, nor had pleasure in them " (which are offered according to the law), then He said, "Behold, I have come to do Your will, O God." He takes away the first that He may establish the second. By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
  • Galatians 3:19
    What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

• Galatians 3:17
    And this I say, that the law, which was four hundred and thirty years later, cannot annul the covenant that was confirmed before by God in Christ, that it should make the promise of no effect.

Galatians 3:21
    Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.

Galatians 3:24
    Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

All the laws are the same. What laws will God write on the minds and hearts during His millennial rule? Take out the animal sacrifices (covered by Christ's blood), and the rest are just the same.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All the laws are the same. What laws will God write on the minds and hearts during His millennial rule? Take out the animal sacrifices (covered by Christ's blood), and the rest are just the same.
So, you are saying you follow the Mosaic laws?
Stay inside on Sabbat, keep all the festivals to the letter, and all the other 613 commandments?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Stay inside on Sabbat, keep all the festivals to the letter, and all the other 613 commandments?

Au contraire, I meditate and delight in God's laws. Try it sometime, it will really minister to you. :D

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Au contraire, I meditate and delight in God's laws. Try it sometime, it will really minister to you. :D
Well, perhaps you could expain what you believe God's laws are now, because God obviously did give the Mosaic laws. I can't tell if you are deliberately being vague, but that's how it comes across.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God saying "Take and eat" and "Do not call unclean what I have called clean" That isn't good enough for you? So basically you are saying you ignore what God tells you in the New Testament and follow the Old testament instead-okay.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Jesus obeyed ABBA YAHWEH Perfectly, all TORAH, yet did not stay inside as you posted. See how mixed up people's thoughts and ideas are today (very).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God saying "Take and eat" and "Do not call unclean what I have called clean" That isn't good enough for you? So basically you are saying you ignore what God tells you in the New Testament and follow the Old testament instead-okay.
Do you really KNOW ? From Yahweh ?
For instance, what does Yahweh call unclean in the New Testament (Today) ?

Upvote 0