Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I read somewhere that the Bible makes it clear that every believer gets a guardian Angel.
Does anyone know of where it says this please? I would love reassurance that i have a guardian angel just for me, to help me through these difficult days we are living through.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,084.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 1:14 is probably about as close as you're going to get.

Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

I'm not sure where the belief everyone has a guardian angel comes from. If it's true, then it would seem most guardian angels aren't successful in their mission.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hebrews 1:14 is probably about as close as you're going to get.

I'm not sure where the belief everyone has a guardian angel comes from. If it's true, then it would seem most guardian angels aren't successful in their mission.

Hi
Why do you think that?

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might find this interesting: Does Every Christian Have a Guardian Angel?

Although, it MIGHT bring some security, angels are but created beings or creatures as we. Romans 1:25 NIV says, "They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.'"

We need to be careful about putting our hope and faith in anything or ANYONE other than God. When we do so we have made an idol and worshiped it. The second Commandment: Ex 20:4 NASB "'You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.'" What is an idol?

"An idol is anything that replaces the one, true God. The most prevalent form of idolatry in Bible times was the worship of images that were thought to embody the various pagan deities." BUT, "Idolatry extends beyond the worship of idols and images and false gods. Our modern idols are many and varied. Even for those who do not bow physically before a statue, idolatry is a matter of the heart—pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony, a love for possessions and ultimately rebellion against God. Is it any wonder that God hates it?" Pasted from: What is the definition of idolatry? | GotQuestions.org which also indirectly (gave obsolete link but I discovered book elsewhere) provided this resource:
https://www.amazon.com/gods-but-God-Confronting-Modern-Day/dp/0996485848

And another resource from Midwestern Seminary: Worship the Creator, Not the Created | For The Church

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I believe we do each have a guardian angel.

One cannot blame a guardian angel if the person he is a guardian too is on the wrong path in life, as, God has given each of us free will.

Some people choose to close off their mind to God totally!

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe we do each have a guardian angel.

One cannot blame a guardian angel if the person he is a guardian too is on the wrong path in life, as, God has given each of us free will.

Some people choose to close off their mind to God totally!

Bad things happen to good people, even a servant of God, who is "blameless and upright." Remember all of the horrific things which happened to Job?

BEFORE all of those terrible things happened to Job, GOD said of Job, "There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.” And God wasn't just saying that to any one. He was presenting Job as a shinning example of servitude of one of His believers to the ultimate enemy, satan. We are not told of any "guardian angel" protecting Job who had NO ONE on earth who shared his highest level blamelessness, uprightness, fear of God, and shunning of evil.

Sometimes our faith in HIM, as opposed to our good works, traditions, rituals, and sacraments, must be tested, regardless of how shinning of an example of a believer one may be.

On a side note; this IS something every prosperity gospel thinker should carefully consider. Job was an exemplary, servant of God as judged by God, Himself, BEFORE all of those terrible, traumatic things happened to him; and also, those who erroneously think that bad things only happen to bad people; excuse me, but if you are a Christian, and you believe "bad things for bad people" you have unknowingly allowed Eastern religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism (Karma) influence you more than God's Word.

Consequentially, wrapping this up around our topic; even if we had our own "guardian angel" God tests even the most exemplary servant on the face of the earth with unimaginable hardship and pain. Is God the Creator and "Assigner" of angels? Yes, so there is NO angel going to be able to stop God trying our faith with unimaginable hardship and pain. Bottom line: FAITH ALONE in GOD; NOTHING ELSE is our security.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Psa 91:11

Agree with Lost4words, it doesn't mean they make us do the right thing.

They're to do God's purpose:
"And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him...." Luk 22:43

"For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the Lord; and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it." Gen 19:13

Abraham to his servant to get God's choice of Isaacc's bride "The Lord God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence." But she had to agree "And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go." Gen 24:58

Jacob and Esau meeting as adults:
"And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." God's angels were present "...and the angels of God met him." Gen 32:30, 1

Exo 23 is an interesting account "Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries.
23 For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off." Same purpose in Exo 32:2 Those giants' names mean pride, rebellion, fear, sexual perversion, etc

God told Moses "Therefore now go, lead the people unto the place of which I have spoken unto thee: behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them." Exo 32:34

"And when we cried unto the Lord, he heard our voice, and sent an angel, and hath brought us forth out of Egypt ..." Num 20:16

There's hundreds of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, extremely helpful. I have made notes to look up writings mentioned in the article - such as Shepherd of Hermas and Epistle to Barnabas.
I really want to know if God sends His angels to help us as we pray.
When we pray, esp. when there are no adequate words to express our thoughts, God enables the Holy Spirit within us to help, "And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words." Ro 8:26 NLT
and:
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." Ro 8:26 NIV

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,084.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi
Why do you think that?

If as Christ implied, most people are lost as in Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it."

They're Christ's words, not mine and it's a case of many versus few. Our human empathy for others may not like it, but He's the one who said it.

So if everyone has a guardian angel, then most of them are not successful in saving their "patient".

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. 21 Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him. 22 But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries." Exo 23

Last edited:
Upvote 0