Growing up in a 'bi-religious' household- how do you choose?

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm the daughter of a Jewish father and a Christian mother, grew up celebrating both religion's holidays while regularly attending Sunday School at the local synagogue and going to a Christian girls camp in the summer. Needless to say, all of these experiences were very dear and important to me during my formative years and continue to be something I look back fondly on now! But the niggling thought keeps coming back to me, that religion is not something I can take two helpings of for my own comfort and enjoyment. At the same time, God is very important to me too and I don't want to turn my back on religion as a whole because of inner indecisiveness.. it's important to mention this isn't a post about 'who's right' in terms of faiths, but rather how to come from such a split background and make a confident and informed choice (also recognizing that maybe choice is the wrong word to use).

Has anyone else tackled this issue in their life? What is the best way to approach it; where can I start?
I think you got the best of both worlds and because of that you are able to make more of an informed choice than most are privy to. In making a "choice" please try to remember these things. Jesus was Jewish, the early believers before Paul were Jewish, and Jesus never said do these things instead of these these because I'm here. On the contrary he said I've come to fulfill these things. The only thing I can say (I won't subject you to my bias)is to do your homework. Read the Torah or Talmud (I'm not too sure what) along with the Old testament. See if Jesus fulfilled all prophecies about the coming Messiah. Something will click for you either way.

Upvote 0