• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Growing up a Jehovah's Witness

sponsachristi

Jun 16, 2017
United States
✟38,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Being Raised a Jehovah's Witness. I was never baptized in that religion. So I have contact with my family. It is so much. My earliest memories are taking naps at the assembly as a toddler. Sitting on the rug til the meeting was over. As I got older I had any other child hood. I was some what bullied. The school I went to was public but showed Christian movies when I was young. I never heard about the Jesus who died on the cross. When I first heard the passion. I said at around 7 years old. " Wait he could of just decomposed for three days" I tell my mother she is like no it takes longer. I remember once bringing home a flag from pre school and my partner threw it away. I was use to Jesus with short hair and on a stake. I never heard of such a handsome king who would die for sinners and make the church his wife! I was use to going to the kingdom hall and out in service( preaching) I would eat Ravolies after the meeting and Ragrats and powderpuff girls. We had doll houses. I use to play with. Once there were students at my school and saying you can't come to my birthday. I was homeschooled at the sixth grade. When I got around age 11 I started to realize. At around age 12 in the month of August 2011 Was my first suicide attempt I didn't know it was a sin at the time. My mother didn't know what was going on she thought I was just being me. I ended up yelling. The whole congeration can may be hear. My paw who is a elder, before we leave he says something like, you need to be ashamed of your self. I remember looking at the stars and thinking on the way home how I was going to run away. I got my whipping at home went to bed. I couldn't run away. This was all over a boy. Because of my attempt. I started seeing on TV people who had NDE, and I got into the paranormal, that was when I found out suicide is a sin. It will send you to hell. I was searching I assumed the Christian Church. I didn't think denominations, I was into physic stuff. Then I saw the passion of the Christ on Tbn around 2012. I cried in the normal from the other room. That man I saw did not look like Jim Cavizel. I could see Jesus though his acting. TBN I became Baptist then protestant a whole lot. This contained a long time. In 2013 I got some mental disorder I wasn't right, I had high functioning autism all my life then I was delusional. This us what I mean when the divine Mercy chaplet Jesus used got rid of those delusions. I remember I had gotten my first KJV. The meeting was talking something against Christ. I got mad and threw my Bible and yell no. I stuck out my tounge. If only I was Catholic. My mother tells my grandfather the elder She has a appointment. I go delusional at the appointment. I was showing symptoms of a certain disorder but I do not fell comfortable talking about it. I never told the doctors all my symptoms. They know now. After many attempts of suicide passion comes around it is 2016 I am 17 I am a little better. Around passion time I felt love and symtphany for The Blessed Virgin Mary. I felt a great love. A great sadness fell but not just some sadness It was like a lovesickness. I felt the Virgin calling me to become Catholic. I end up with the divine Mercy chaplet and there my depression is gone. On April 3 2016 I converted, I learned in time what virtues and vices are. I was surrounded my schismatics. I got away from them. Vatican Catholic sedevacantist. Maria Divine Mercy negative reaction. Now I have a healthy relationship with my family I know possibly my confirmation saint, and I talk to my priest sometimes. Yes I did take medicine things got better but days seemed the same the divine Mercy chaplet was like a snap. There is much more to the story, I can not say. Not until my entrance to heaven or later on when I get to publish my book. I am young life is a long time but this time only last so long God has a plan for me. There are so many things I can not say on this I want to keep it a surprise if It is God will he will let it happen. St Faustina is the patron saint of my conversion I didn't say confirmation. God bless every one.