Olympia
✟20,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All you Christians; when you are praying, what kinds of things do you choose to share with God? Do you share feelings, struggles?

Do you feel more connected with God when you share these intimate parts of your life with him? Does it help you grow in your relationship with him?

Thanks!

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a topic or two I feel uncomfortable talking about much and kind of skate over, but for the most part I try to discuss as much as I can in detail in prayer. God certainly knows my many struggles and insecurities. Sometimes just sharing my frustrations about my progress feels like its helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this is when a lightbulb actually went on in my head. When I realized or heard that a personal relationship with Him was possible, and what He desires, that's when my whole spiritual life really started.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry this might have been too personal to ask. I think this was my loneliness manifesting itself now I realize.

No, not at all - actually when I saw your topic, the first thing I thought of was how good it was for a discussion in this area.

Really we should all be comfortable discussing everything and all with God, and if there is a sensitive area that makes us a bit uncomfortable to bring to Him, that may be telling in itself...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All you Christians; when you are praying, what kinds of things do you choose to share with God? Do you share feelings, struggles?

Do you feel more connected with God when you share these intimate parts of your life with him? Does it help you grow in your relationship with him?

Thanks!
Yep. When God revealed Himself to me 50 years ago when I was 20 years of age, I shared everything, including all the skeletons in my cupboard, and I have been totally open and honest with God ever since. It is the only way to go. The principle of 1 John 1:9 is that we have no secrets with God, because we are always and open book to Him. I have confidence that when I stand before Christ one day and someone, or a demon comes up and accuses me of anything, Jesus will be able to say to him, "I know all about that already, because Oscarr shared it with me, so, on your bike!"

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wants us to come to Him with everything we have in our hearts, whether it be bad or good things, whether it be small or great things.

Same way as a child should feel comfortable coming to his/her parents asking for anything as well as sharing about what bothers them, what makes them happy etc... We are God's children, and He wants us to come to Him and being sincere with our hearts towards Him.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks!
I learned to be honest with Him and to seek His counself/heart/thoughts for everything. I used to come to Him the way I thought He wanted me to be, but then I realized He loves me as I am and His teaching and guidance leads me to my identity/healing/restoration in Him

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God wants us to come to Him with everything we have in our hearts, whether it be bad or good things, whether it be small or great things.

Same way as a child should feel comfortable coming to his/her parents asking for anything as well as sharing about what bothers them, what makes them happy etc... We are God's children, and He wants us to come to Him and being sincere with our hearts towards Him.
Great verse in Genesis: 'Thou God seest me' (Genesis 16.13).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also want to add; When you are being honest with God, this also free's you more out! You speak out in truth before Him, and as His Word says: "The truth will set you free!" (John 8:32)

By bottling all of your feelings and thoughts inside it will just boil over at some point, when you share this with God in good honesty you will be giving this all over to Jesus Christ by the cross, where you will also find of His peace and freedom.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also want to add; When you are being honest with God, this also free's you more out! You speak out in truth before Him, and as His Word says: "The truth will set you free!" (John 8:32)

By bottling all of your feelings and thoughts inside it will just boil over at some point, when you share this with God in good honesty you will be giving this all over to Jesus Christ by the cross, where you will also find of His peace and freedom.
The Psalms are a great example of a huge variety of feelings: the highs, the lows, the anguish, the joys, the Messianic content, the faith.

Upvote 0