Visit site
✟15,879.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay..my mother-in-law told me this and I've never heard of it nor was I able to find out anything online. She said Ellen White said in heaven, humans will continue to grow until they reach the height that they were meant to be (like Adam and Eve - 12 ft - about that height she said) and that Jesus would remain about 6 ft as a remembrance to his sacrifice. That doesn't jive with me (I kind of just looked blankly at her rather than saying anything).

She is SDA and went to SDA schools all her life. Where is this information?

Kira Light

Shinigami love apples
Oct 16, 2009
✟15,777.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's weird you mention this. I went to the SDA schools all my life and I always had it in my head that Adam and Eve (and many after them) were very tall. After sin people shrunk. It's one of those things they put in my head early on that I just accepted.

Looks like this is the source:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"As Adam came forth from the hand of his Creator…He was more than twice as tall as men now living upon the earth…Eve was not quite as tall as Adam. Her head reached a little above his shoulders." (Spiritual Gifts, Vol. 3 p.34).[/FONT]

I remember mentioning how tall people used to be around non-SDA's once and I got some very weird looks!

That whole thing about us continuing to grow in heaven, but Jesus staying about 6ft. is hilarious! I'm sure there are some more EGW quotes floating around that made some people think this..

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay..my mother-in-law told me this and I've never heard of it nor was I able to find out anything online. She said Ellen White said in heaven, humans will continue to grow until they reach the height that they were meant to be (like Adam and Eve - 12 ft - about that height she said) and that Jesus would remain about 6 ft as a remembrance to his sacrifice. That doesn't jive with me (I kind of just looked blankly at her rather than saying anything).

She is SDA and went to SDA schools all her life. Where is this information?

Ellen White said it, I believe it, that settles it!

:p

Upvote 0