Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please pray for me (Sarah Louise) that the Holy Spirit strengthen me to overcome self-hate, eating disorders, depression and anxiety. May the Lord bless me with voluntary work that is both useful for others and healing to myself. May I come closer to my beloved Guru and Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ, through this suffering. His perfect will be done.

Thank you for your prayers, I appreciate each one.

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me (Sarah Louise) that the Holy Spirit strengthen me to overcome self-hate, eating disorders, depression and anxiety. May the Lord bless me with voluntary work that is both useful for others and healing to myself. May I come closer to my beloved Guru and Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ, through this suffering. His perfect will be done.

God bless you and may Jesus' will be done. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Lightsway

Nov 3, 2017
Aus
✟17,277.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That you find what you are given as a gift of perfection as it is ,
That you are greatful for the gifts that meet you as you are ready and humbled ,
That you see as a new vine has become untangled from an old ,
That as your eyes see the new be they trusting to follow ,
That you know these works are done for you so that in you they may grow ,
As it is so Sarah Louise .

That Christ is strong so that the life in you flourishes.

• Friendly
Reactions: macek
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray for Sarah Louise as she battles these difficulties. I am agreeing with her request for You to strengthen her to overcome self-hate, eating disorders, depression and anxiety. Bless her with some volunteer opportunities that will minister to others and also bring healing and restoration to her. Draw her by Your Spirit into a closer deeper relationship with you where she can fully enjoy Your great love and care for her. Also open her eyes to any attacks from the enemy that would distort the way she views herself, and let her see herself through your eyes of love. Bless Sarah Louise to be a blessing in the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: God bless you Sarah Louise (bless yer heart, our Jesus is not a "guru" precious, but He understands what you mean).....praying that He moooooves mightily in your heart, mind, and spirit to guard your heart and mind, and that He guides every thought, word, and deed, and that His healing commences as He ministers to you as only HE can. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:heart: God bless you Sarah Louise (bless yer heart, our Jesus is not a "guru" precious, but He understands what you mean).....praying that He moooooves mightily in your heart, mind, and spirit to guard your heart and mind, and that He guides every thought, word, and deed, and that His healing commences as He ministers to you as only HE can. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))
Guru means teacher, as does rabbi. Jesus taught and was crucified not just for His disciples but for all people. That makes Jesus not only the ultimate Guru of gurus (or Teacher of teachers) that ever lived (and died) but also through His death and resurrection Saviour of all. Guru, Saviour, Shepherd, Rabbi, carpenter, Son of Man, Son of God, son of Mary, friend, brother, light of the world, King of kings.
Please don't patronise me when I am making myself vulnerable and asking for help.
Thank you for your prayer.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Grow through this darkness.
Guru means teacher, as does rabbi. Jesus taught and was crucified not just for His disciples but for all people. That makes Jesus the not only the ultimate Guru or Teacher that ever lived (and died) but also through His death and resurrection Saviour of all. Guru, Saviour, Shepherd, Rabbi, carpenter, Son of Man, Son of God, son of mary, friend, brother, light of the world. Please don't patronise me when I am making myself vulnerable and asking for help. Thank you for your prayer.
Thank you for your prayer.

:heart: You are most welcome. Praying that God moooooves as only He can and healing commences, in the name of Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living (Who sent His only begotten Son to shed His blood and die for us, as is written in John 3:16), This Jesus the Christ, Who IS the LIGHT of the world, and where darkness flees from His presence. May He be HONORED always, and His Name, or WHO He is, NEVER maligned. Father may it be so, in His name, amen. (((hug)))

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." ~Jam 4:7

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." ~Heb 4:12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I certainly am not going to visit a site because of a woman's immodest picture. Posting it is in bad taste, in my opinion, and it should be removed.
What are you talking about, Greg?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what the point of a prayer wall is if people are to be accused of treating the Holy Spirit as a magical, wish granting genie. One may occasionally feel fatigued by repetitive requests for prayer from people who rarely participate in the forum but in that situation one can simply not engage in the prayer request. It is also possible to simply pray in a way that seems appropriate without posting a barbed or passive aggressive response. I very rarely post a prayer request, as I recall I have done it once before, for the people of Madeira when a tree fell on their Holy festival, killing and injuring many. Feeling overwhelmed and desperate yesterday I felt moved to request that my brothers and sisters in Christ pray for me. It is comforting to know that people will do that.

Thank you for your prayers.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what the point of a prayer wall is if people are to be accused of treating the Holy Spirit as a magical, wish granting genie. One may occasionally feel fatigued by repetitive requests for prayer from people who rarely participate in the forum but in that situation one can simply not engage in the prayer request. It is also possible to simply pray in a way that seems appropriate without posting a barbed or passive aggressive response. I very rarely post a prayer request, as I recall I have done it once before, for the people of Madeira when a tree fell on their Holy festival, killing and injuring many. Feeling overwhelmed and desperate yesterday I felt moved to request that my brothers and sisters in Christ pray for me. It is comforting to know that people will do that.

Thank you for your prayers.
I see one person clicked "winner" in response to my post, not that I am looking for that type of recognition, but see they understood and appreciated my post.
Obviously you (Chosen & blessed) did not. Part of my aim in the post was to point out a more effective way to pray and get desired answers and not be left in the dark with them unanswered. James 4:3 says "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss..." Jesus quoted Isaiah and said "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoreth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15:8-9. In Matthew 7:21-23 Jesus again speaks of religious people that are ineffective in their religiosity. My post was not meant as a criticism, but as a help to be more effective.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
MOD HAT ON
9tK9x.jpg

This thread has undergone a clean up
please do not start discussion in the Prayer area and read the Statement of Purpose before you post
If you have problems please let a staff member know

Have a great day
MOD HAT OFF

• Friendly
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you dear sister. I don't know your situation (nor do i need to) but know and trust that God loves you dearly as His precious daughter. Peace be with you sister and God bless you in Jesus mighty name.
Thank you so much, brother.

I have certainly received much healing and the most comforting, inspiring, motivating messages and sermons have come my way in the last few days. Praise the Lord; Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

Psalms 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.

Matthew 21:22
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

1 John 5:14
This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

1 John 5:15
And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0