grieving the holy spirit- how do i get Him to come back to me? (please no judging)

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have had a sesne today that smething has left me. like the presence of God has gone form me. earlier today my mind and heart were brimming over with things i felt God was placing on my heart. beautiful encouraging edifying things, even songs. Lauren Daigle's "Look Up Child" for example is a song that came hours ago and was like a soothing balm to my heart.

Now i feel as though He has departed from me- the Holy Spirit . i just get a sense that God has gone. done. finished with me.

now am probably wrong about this. i hope so. i hope God will come back. perhaps He jsut giving me space. after sll the wind blows wherever it please. so maybe am jjust having a break.

but am thinking- worst case scenario- how do we get the Spirit back when w ehave grieved Him? i cannot help but think other believers have goen through this struggle.

if you ahve been there, how di dyou ge tthe Spirit back?

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
May Abba Yah Breathe deeply into this Body and raise us up in Yahshua ha Mashiach. Amen.

James 4:10
"10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you."

Again...and again...and again...

Every death we die, we come back and do good. Pray for all the saints who are in tribulation across the globe, pray for family, friends, loved ones, and most importantly,...enemies.

Shalom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May Abba Yah Breathe deeply into this Body and raise us up in Yahsua ha Mashiach. Amen.

James 4:10
"10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you."

Again...and again...and again...

Every death we die, we come back and do good. Pray for all the saints who are in tribulation across the globe, pray for family, friends, loved ones, and most importantly...enemies.

Shalom.

thank you so much

• Friendly
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I have had a sesne today that smething has left me. like the presence of God has gone form me. earlier today my mind and heart were brimming over with things i felt God was placing on my heart. beautiful encouraging edifying things, even songs. Lauren Daigle's "Look Up Child" for example is a song that came hours ago and was like a soothing balm to my heart.

Now i feel as though He has departed from me- the Holy Spirit . i just get a sense that God has gone. done. finished with me.

now am probably wrong about this. i hope so. i hope God will come back. perhaps He jsut giving me space. after sll the wind blows wherever it please. so maybe am jjust having a break.

but am thinking- worst case scenario- how do we get the Spirit back when w ehave grieved Him? i cannot help but think other believers have goen through this struggle.

Your feelings deceive you, remember what the Prophet Jeremiah has said,

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?" - Jeremiah 17:9

And now hear the beauty of the Gospel as taught by St. Paul,

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
" - Ephesians 1:3-14

That is God's word to you. You have been predestined in Christ from before the foundation of the world, have received redemption from God, the forgiveness of sins, the adoption as God's child, sealed with the Holy Spirit.

God keeps His promises.
God keeps His word.

"so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11

Don't trust your feelings. Don't trust your doubts. Don't trust your fears. Don't trust any intrusive thoughts.

Trust in Jesus. He is Faithful and True.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I rarely feel God at all, although I know that He is with me. Prayer normally goes through seasons, seasons where you feel God close to you, and seasons where it feels dry. It does not mean God has left you, he is just requiring you to walk by faith, not feelings in those times.

Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟81,790.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In the last 9 months, I have had this experience or feeling. Usually, for me it was do to losing trust in God in an area, or because of sin. Its almost like a time out, to get my heart, mind and soul back on perspective to God. I don't believe the Holy Spirit leaves any faithful follower. Otherwise, God would not have given us his spirit in the first place. God knows exactly what we'll do during our life. For God to take away the Holy Spirit from us, it would be like him saying he was wrong about us in the first place. However, God is always right. God is truth. So any thoughts about the Holy Spirit being taken away, are thoughts and ideas from the enemy.
When I experience this, its an opportunity for the evil one to get in. I would suggest, to not let go of God. Go to Him in prayer, and spend time in his word. Surround yourself in His love.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Try not to rely too much on your own feelings, but instead on faith. The Holy Spirit has never left you.

If anyone ever chose to walk away from God, the way home would always be open to them.

If you were the only person on the world to save, Jesus would have gone through everything he did to save you. And as Julian of Norwich states, if it were necessary, He would have gone through it again and again for love of you.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That is your OCD lying to you, again.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the last 9 months, I have had this experience or feeling. Usually, for me it was do to losing trust in God in an area, or because of sin. Its almost like a time out, to get my heart, mind and soul back on perspective to God. I don't believe the Holy Spirit leaves any faithful follower. Otherwise, God would not have given us his spirit in the first place. God knows exactly what we'll do during our life. For God to take away the Holy Spirit from us, it would be like him saying he was wrong about us in the first place. However, God is always right. God is truth. So any thoughts about the Holy Spirit being taken away, are thoughts and ideas from the enemy.
When I experience this, its an opportunity for the evil one to get in. I would suggest, to not let go of God. Go to Him in prayer, and spend time in his word. Surround yourself in His love.

thank you. i guess for me, my biggest sin is not receiving that love in the first place

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are not alone....

Psalm 51
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,

and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence

or take your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation

and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,

so that sinners will turn back to you.

New International Version

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,608.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you didn't sin or had a bad attitude or something, then i don't see how you could have grieved the Holy spirit, if you did, God forgives, just keep seeking God, everything is recoverable and God has lots of patience and mercy with us.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Spiritual Depression: The Dark Night of the Soul

• Informative
Reactions: venksta
Upvote 0