Greetings from a dirty rotten hippy sinner :)

Old_Man_Sinner

Oct 12, 2017
San Antonio
✟15,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My siblings have deemed me Capt. Inappropriate at family gatherings, so ... it just means sometimes I'll say what's on my mind without realizing the impact or thinking through the consequences, so apologies in advance. I'm passionate about grace, mercy, justice and authenticity, but I'm a far cry from holy or even righteous. I'm completely messed up, but looking to change and find others who have struggled as I am to be righteous. ttyl

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
My siblings have deemed me Capt. Inappropriate at family gatherings, so ... it just means sometimes I'll say what's on my mind without realizing the impact or thinking through the consequences, so apologies in advance. I'm passionate about grace, mercy, justice and authenticity, but I'm a far cry from holy or even righteous. I'm completely messed up, but looking to change and find others who have struggled as I am to be righteous. ttyl
Righteousness isn't something you attain on your own,

2Co. 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Righteousness comes in the Package of God's Grace which you say you are passionate about.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Welcome to CF!

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Get back in line Brother. quit pushing, Lol! There's many of us here just like you Brother. I am he is. Yeah. Captain inappropriate? Geez, they're harsh man. Sounds like my family sorta, lol. Your heart is showing in your post. I appreciate your candor. I'm right there with you Brother. Being able to express our faults to one another is...a most valuable skill I believe. We've been indoctrinated to...be a man, show no fear, pain, or lack of intelligence...you better not ever cry or your not a man...and on and on with total hogwash. That you can see it and come express it, is most refreshing and...shows like a fruit I think! In today's world?! Yes sir Brother!

Welcome. :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So...you're 50. I'm 55. I'm a hippie in disguise now, lol. I came soo close to going to Woodstock. My parents wanted to go, but they weren't sure if it would be cool or not to take us 4 kids. (no one knew how big it would get until they all showed up.) We didn't go, but I know people who did. I was 7 then. and already smoking pot. We found 3 joints of my parents and did the what's this? They tried to lie. Oh we ran out of of cigarettes so rolled some of that Laredo tobakky. That didn't fly. Even that young. I said huh-uh. Dad said ok so then what is it, and I said I don't know but it isn't tobacco.

So he came clean and said ok it's pot. We smoke it. You can try it if you want, or not if you don't want, but please don't talk about it or else you'll wind up putting us in jail. So we tried it. SO a lot of my young childhood wasn't running the streets having mudball fights with my friends. I was back smokin weed, headphones on...listening to Jimi.

My first concert turned out to be Black Sabbath, Humble Pie & Jonathon Winters in Akron Ohio in the early 70's. My dad had his own plumbing business so went to the car dealership, tossed down a business card and said, I'll test drive the black Cadillac Limo for the weekend. Boom, we went in that. I remember it like it was yesterday. As we pulled in, they automatically moved some barricades aside and directed us to go park behind the stage. They thought we were with the band! This about the time that Paranoid just came out. It was an awesome concert!

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello Old Man;
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here. I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music? Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0