Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am excited to be a new member of christianforums.com, and look forward to reading and participating in discussions on various topics.

A little about me. . .

I am a Christian. What that means to me is that, in humility and thankfulness, I have committed to repenting of my life in slavery to selfish ambition as part of this world. I have put my faith in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of my life - the only faith acceptable to God, and of which baptism represents (Romans 6; Colossians 2:11-12).

By faith in Christ, I daily crucify myself to slavery of my fleshly nature, and live my life in obedience to Jesus Christ - to listen to and follow Him; to be His disciple - just as Lord Jesus commands of all those who claim to believe in Him.

This is a daily dedication or sanctifying of myself to God, because, I know that while still living in this body, my faith will continually be tested and refined. I know I must no longer let any sin master me, for I have only one Master and Lord - Christ Jesus. Even so, if I should sin in weakness or naivety, I know my Lord will not cast me away. If I am sorry for sinning against my Lord and repent, then Christ Jesus is faithful to forgive me.

By this faith, I am assured by the Gospel that I am justified and gain access to God's saving grace because of the Gospel (Romans 5:1-2).

By this faith commitment to Christ, I received the Spirit of Christ to empower my faith to be victorious over sin, and to live out the remainder of my life radiating the Love of God in thought, word and action, within whatever circumstances I find myself in, and with the talents I possess and develop until the end.

Therefore, God works His will out in my life as I am faithful to live by His Spirit who indwells me - to be holy as God is holy. This is sanctification, the New Life, and is Salvation - being set free from bondage to sin to follow Christ by a continued faith in Lord Jesus.

Blessings to all of you in Christ Jesus our Lord

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello and welcome to CF!

We are very glad to have you with us. :) I hope you'll enjoy exploring the forums - there are all kinds with different discussion types. If you ever have questions or need help with the forums, feel free to ask. We are glad to help.

I pray you are blessed by being here. :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am excited to be a new member of christianforums.com, and look forward to reading and participating in discussions on various topics.

A little about me. . .

I am a Christian. What that means to me is that, in humility and thankfulness, I have committed to repenting of my life in slavery to selfish ambition as part of this world. I have put my faith in Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of my life - the only faith acceptable to God, and of which baptism represents (Romans 6; Colossians 2:11-12).

By faith in Christ, I daily crucify myself to slavery of my fleshly nature, and live my life in obedience to Jesus Christ - to listen to and follow Him; to be His disciple - just as Lord Jesus commands of all those who claim to believe in Him.

This is a daily dedication or sanctifying of myself to God, because, I know that while still living in this body, my faith will continually be tested and refined. I know I must no longer let any sin master me, for I have only one Master and Lord - Christ Jesus. Even so, if I should sin in weakness or naivety, I know my Lord will not cast me away. If I am sorry for sinning against my Lord and repent, then Christ Jesus is faithful to forgive me.

By this faith, I am assured by the Gospel that I am justified and gain access to God's saving grace because of the Gospel (Romans 5:1-2).

By this faith commitment to Christ, I received the Spirit of Christ to empower my faith to be victorious over sin, and to live out the remainder of my life radiating the Love of God in thought, word and action, within whatever circumstances I find myself in, and with the talents I possess and develop until the end.

Therefore, God works His will out in my life as I am faithful to live by His Spirit who indwells me - to be holy as God is holy. This is sanctification, the New Life, and is Salvation - being set free from bondage to sin to follow Christ by a continued faith in Lord Jesus.

Blessings to all of you in Christ Jesus our Lord

OK

• Prayers
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello and welcome to CF!

We are very glad to have you with us. :) I hope you'll enjoy exploring the forums - there are all kinds with different discussion types. If you ever have questions or need help with the forums, feel free to ask. We are glad to help.

I pray you are blessed by being here. :)
There's never a bad time for prayer.

Upvote 0

Monna

Feb 5, 2017
Oicha Beni
✟105,254.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Steven! I look forward to hearing the specifics of how Jesus Christ works in your daily life. How long have you known him, and how did you meet him in the first place? Why did he become so apparently important to you?

Recently I have been wondering a lot about holiness, and the specific instruction you quoted

be holy as God is holy

It would be great if you could start a thread (don't use this one) explaining what this means on a day to day basis, in terms of choosing and following a career, building and maintaining/sustaining relationships, dealing with the tax department, interacting with petty bureaucrats, beggars, homeless people, wealthy and/or famous people, choosing a lifestyle, and so on.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Monna, thank you for your reply and questions. Regarding your questions, each disciple ( Matthew 28:19-20 )
of Christ is unique and will approach every situation differently. The main thing is that, no matter what circumstances each of us is in, or whatever situations present themselves, each of us is to do all with our focus on serving or helping others as Christ commanded us. Let love guide your actions. Love is necessarily selfless, which is why our thinking, planning, and doing all things as a Force of Good on this earth must motivate our actions - to use our bodies as tools to carry out good - in any given situation.
Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums