✟8,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi!

My name is William Anthony Baurle, and after some 16 going on 17 years of purposely arguing with liberals and atheists, in many bulletin boards, writers' workshops, etc, and suffering the slings and arrows that have been aimed at me, I, at 53, have finally decided to join a community where I can feel comfortable, and where my every sentence may not be treated with malice, contempt, and prejudice. There's only just so much a guy can take.

I started at one major board (Talk Freethought) as an atheist, in 2004. Yes, I was an atheist for most of my adult life, until my gradual conversion in 2011-2012. I was to find that atheists were ever on the offensive. I found them to be harder to reason with than most religious people. I was also to see that, along with freewheeling atheism, often comes freewheeling liberalism: a breaking down of ethics and morality. Dostoyevsky said, in that famous quote (from a character in one of his novels - he was not speaking as himself) "Without God, all is permitted."

I have found, over the years, that this is pretty much true. In any hierarchy, there HAS to be a top dog. Without an absolute authority, there can be no truly, properly functioning hierarchy. Look at the military. When those at the very top crumble, and are unfit for command, the entire structure beneath them becomes unstable, and, over time, without a stable, TOP commander, it will fall into ruin.

The film, Master and Commander, perfectly illustrates the ins-and-outs of how a military hierarchy functions. Because that vessel was blessed with a good master and commander, the entire structure beneath him was like a well-oiled machine, well-functioning, purposeful, determined, and committed to doing RIGHT, regardless of personal reward, and even despite personal sacrifice.

There are many other shining examples of how order is established and continued, to the betterment of humanity. Nazis, extreme militarists like the Japanese in WWII, ARE NOT examples of the kind of order I am referring to. Why? Because those kind of cabals believe that might makes right, when any good Christian knows, or should know, that Right makes might. Notice our Lord never raised a finger to anyone, not even when they were striking and beating him. Was He a coward? Of course not, perish the thought. Why did He not strike back? Even though He was so powerful and could have destroyed anyone at any time?

A lot of people think "turn the other cheek" is an advocacy of pacifism. It is not. It is a reminder to people to consider the source, to be reasonable and to use your mind, and to understand that physical violence solves nothing. The only time violence and aggression is moral is in retaliation, in defense, in defense of values and in commitment to values and principles that guide us as human beings, given to us by God, taught to us again, by Christ, and put down in words for us to read and be constantly enlightened and reminded.