Greetings! And..How Do Some of You Keep the Faith?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Be in the things of God, or walking in the things of God's Holy Spirit, is how I avoid many problems and keep and strengthen both myself and my faith, in the faith, and keep the faith (for my part)...

Anything that involves worship or would honor and venerate God, and increase my knowledge of God, or encourage me and lift me up and upbuild me in the things of God, when I have spare time, including praise, study, sharing my faith with others as the opportunities present themselves (there is one more, can't remember), prayer (communication with God) being in the things of or about God, basically...

God Bless!
Caring and showing that I care (about others) with actions, speech and behavior with others (loving them)...

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi all, I'm new so first let me just say hi! Happy to be here- I hope I can contribute in a meaningful way and also learn from all of you.

I have been a Christian all my life - but lately I've been really frustrated. Without going into details, I went through some difficult challenges a few years ago and things certainly have improved. But, though I have gotten through the eye of the storm, and did several years ago, I feel like it's still raining.. do you know what I mean? And I'm still waiting for the sun.

I've been praying and hoping and believing for years for a bigger change to happen, trusting in God that things didn't work out in the past cause he had something better in line for me, but now I'm starting to doubt that. Nothing seems to be happening. I've prayed for strength, guidance, etc. asked what I can do to fix myself internally, not just waited on God but tried to do stuff on my own and be an active participant in my life, I've tried to do what was right, and it's been years and I still feel like there's crickets.

I know some people talk about how they lean on God during hard times and prayer gives them strength, or they feel the direction of God in their life.. what if you don't feel anything? I feel like I keep trying, and reading the bible, even fasting (and yes I could do much more of all these things) but I don't know what else I can literally do without giving up. What am I doing wrong?? Some days are better than others of course, but sometimes I wonder if I'm just 'wishful thinking' and - to be clear, I don't want to doubt, but I need SOMETHING. I can feel myself getting bitter and losing my patience and I don't want to be that person. I'm trying but need something to help, it's like that meme where you're texting God a question, and all you see in response is the 'read receipt' lol. I feel like that's been my life the last 6 years.

Any advice on how to deal? Am I the only one that feels this way?

Thanks in advance!
What do you do with your spare time...?

Getting "outside the box" of this world system has helped me greatly...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
what we need to ask first and foremost is not change, but understanding.

god-grant-me-the-serenity-to-accept-the-things-i-cannot-change-the-courage-to-change-the-things-i-can-and-the-wisdom-to-know-the-difference48.jpg

Hi all, I'm new so first let me just say hi! Happy to be here- I hope I can contribute in a meaningful way and also learn from all of you.

I have been a Christian all my life - but lately I've been really frustrated. Without going into details, I went through some difficult challenges a few years ago and things certainly have improved. But, though I have gotten through the eye of the storm, and did several years ago, I feel like it's still raining.. do you know what I mean? And I'm still waiting for the sun.

I've been praying and hoping and believing for years for a bigger change to happen, trusting in God that things didn't work out in the past cause he had something better in line for me, but now I'm starting to doubt that. Nothing seems to be happening. I've prayed for strength, guidance, etc. asked what I can do to fix myself internally, not just waited on God but tried to do stuff on my own and be an active participant in my life, I've tried to do what was right, and it's been years and I still feel like there's crickets.

I know some people talk about how they lean on God during hard times and prayer gives them strength, or they feel the direction of God in their life.. what if you don't feel anything? I feel like I keep trying, and reading the bible, even fasting (and yes I could do much more of all these things) but I don't know what else I can literally do without giving up. What am I doing wrong?? Some days are better than others of course, but sometimes I wonder if I'm just 'wishful thinking' and - to be clear, I don't want to doubt, but I need SOMETHING. I can feel myself getting bitter and losing my patience and I don't want to be that person. I'm trying but need something to help, it's like that meme where you're texting God a question, and all you see in response is the 'read receipt' lol. I feel like that's been my life the last 6 years.

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Beyond the moving, what if you're asking something specific from God and you've been waiting for years for an unanswered prayer? Then ask about whether or not you're on the right path and what should be changed if it needs to be changed?

I can't relate to this kind of spirituality at all. What does it mean to be "on a right path" through life? Like life should have some reward at the end if you choose the right path, and punishment for the wrong path? I believe a better attitude is to treat life as a gift, not a test. How you use the gift of life is completely up to you.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Thanks in advance!
I know it sounds redundant, but "faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God." Not easy to be steadfast, but He is faithful (even if we doubt and question Him). Meditating on the Lord's interaction with the Apostle Thomas (doubting Thomas) might help :).

Upvote 0