United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WSJ said it best

Isn’t democracy great? Only in Congress could a political party introduce legislation with great media fanfare, then vote against it and blame the other side for cynicism.

Opinion | Democrats Vote ‘Present’ on Climate

That was the play Tuesday when the Senate voted on legislation for the Green New Deal that had been introduced by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey less than two months ago at a much-covered press event on Capitol Hill. The bill has more than 90 co-sponsors in the House and 12 in the Senate, and Republicans decided to give Democrats the chance to show off the courage of their climate-change convictions.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....meanwhile, the Senator from Arizona voted against the "Green Deal" resolution:

"We need to address a changing climate with realistic, achievable solutions," she said in a statement. "Congress should stop the political games and work together on practical solutions that foster a healthy environment, grow our economy, and help Arizona families get ahead."

Can you guess which of the two Arizona Senators made that statement?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well that was a mistake.. How the heck are republicans supposed to rile their base to be scared of AOC if her ideas get permanently shut down? Its already having an affect, there hasn't been a new AOC thread on this board for literally days!...although it could be the Mueller effect.

How is bringing a bill to a vote shutting down an idea?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
How is bringing a bill to a vote shutting down an idea?
It's not even a bill, just a non-binding resolution. But it is amazing how many on the Right felt they had to lie about it and twist it into a law that all air travel was going to be banned in ten years.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She's proven, in a small way, that the American system of government is not yet completely broken... We the People can actually be represented by one of the people, and not the uberrich.

Yet we don't need someone who is so biased against those who are most successful that she suggests unreasonable taxes against them. Success should be encouraged rather than punished. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Suggested a 70% Tax Rate on the Rich. Here’s How It Would Work

At the age of 29, she's become the GOP'S biggest obsession... unseating Obama, Clinton, and Pelosi.

Making her the "Donald" of the Left.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
She seems plenty mature by comparison.

Even when she throws one of those temper tantrums Trump is often accused of?

AOC Tells Critics of her GND, "I'm the Boss"
“You know what? I don’t care anymore. I don’t care anymore, because again, I’m at least trying, and they’re not,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “So the power is in the person who’s trying, regardless of the success. If you’re trying, you’ve got all the power, you’re driving the agenda, you’re doing all this stuff.”

“Like I just introduced Green New Deal two weeks ago and it’s created, creating all of this conversation. Why? Because no one else has even tried,” she claimed. “So people are like ‘oh it’s unrealistic, oh it’s vague, oh it doesn’t address this little, minute thing.’ And I’m like you try, you do it.”

“So until you do it, I’m the boss!” she declared. “How about that?!”
“Until then, we’re in charge — and you’re just shouting from the cheap seats,” she said.

And now, here she is--hard at work (at taxpayer expense):
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They weren't voting on AOC. They were voting on a resolution that was her idea.

I really do have to spell it out, don't I. The primary job of Fox News is to give people (largely stupid and imaginary) things to be scared of, as this is the primary GOP driver. They've been able to run "be really scared of AOC and the Green New Deal" every day for weeks. Now they can't. Hence, "shut down"

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I really do have to spell it out, don't I. The primary job of Fox News is to give people (largely stupid and imaginary) things to be scared of, as this is the primary GOP driver. They've been able to run "be really scared of AOC and the Green New Deal" every day for weeks. Now they can't. Hence, "shut down"

You mean the GND is the only idea AOC has?
Well, I guess we can watch her dance and do pushups for the rest of her term: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter At least she'll still entertain us.

Upvote 0