Greek Philosophy and typology and hate?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is not Hebrew or Indian or Chinese philosophy is it that describes a person as being what they do? So Women are cows because the walk in herds. Also a person who fornicates is a fornicator, a lover, a person who sins is a sinner... We who have responded to God's call still sin, but are surely not our sins but children of God.

How does Hebrew philosophy teach us our Identity?

"As a man thinks in his heart, so shall he be."

Haters in society are counter Christian and focus on types, but do types really exist?

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟279,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does Hebrew philosophy teach us our Identity?
I think Hebrew philosophy will put great emphasis on Torah and the communal identity of people belonging to God through faithfulness to the Law. As Christians we take it a step further through Baptism in Christ. We become God's adopted children.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think Hebrew philosophy will put great emphasis on Torah and the communal identity of people belonging to God through faithfulness to the Law. As Christians we take it a step further through Baptism in Christ. We become God's adopted children.
There was the Jewish flavour in the early church, with a form of Hebrew philosophy. It was later lost in Roman and Greek cultures.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟125,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a little confused as to what you mean so I hope I'm able to address your question, especially as I'm unclear what exactly you mean by "types." If I gather correctly that you mean to question whether what we do informs and in some ways defines who we are, it seems the answer is unequivocally yes. It is merely that we are not a single entity, and so to define who we are we must bring all of the information together...what we do, what we think, what we desire...and even then the task of definition is not complete, and we are capable of running contrary to what we are. For example, a sinner is not simply one who sins but one whose life is primarily characterized by their sin. For the Christian, that does not fir simply because our life is no longer defined by us. We are no longer our own, instead we are Christ's. In that way, when we sin we are running contrary to who we are rather than conforming to a definition.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm a little confused as to what you mean so I hope I'm able to address your question, especially as I'm unclear what exactly you mean by "types." If I gather correctly that you mean to question whether what we do informs and in some ways defines who we are, it seems the answer is unequivocally yes. It is merely that we are not a single entity, and so to define who we are we must bring all of the information together...what we do, what we think, what we desire...and even then the task of definition is not complete, and we are capable of running contrary to what we are. For example, a sinner is not simply one who sins but one whose life is primarily characterized by their sin. For the Christian, that does not fir simply because our life is no longer defined by us. We are no longer our own, instead we are Christ's. In that way, when we sin we are running contrary to who we are rather than conforming to a definition.
Yes, I am looking for Hebrew thinking over Greek. God defines us in his word and power, and direct word to us and by faith we are redefined and God makes our future.

Logic has limitations. Types can be described perhaps in Richard Marx song, Hazard. With the video.

Psychology defines personality types, that is different.

There is consideration of nature versus nuture in logic and science. To find a scientist who considers Jesus' powerful blood is part of it is so very rare.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I am certain Jesus does not see types of sinners, but sees each individual, their background, their family nature and how they were nurtured, their faith, conscience, efforts... and He judges each person separately. If we can, we should too.

Upvote 0