✟489,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Day,

James White does clear Greek exegesis on James chapter 4 within its own context, to help us have a clear biblical foundation of the historical doctrine of Sola Fide’ from the text of the “God-Breathed” out word. It starts with some opening remarks about Eastern Orthodoxy in connection with Hank Hanegraaff’s response to John MacArthur. James 4 exegesis run time about 45 mins..

Enjoy!!

Bill

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,018,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could discuss some of this in your post since it is over an hour long?

I did listen to a good portion of it and skipped to different sections through the rest of the clip. While I appreciate that the speaker recognizes the difficulty of communication between the West and East, and he seems to have more knowledge than some others about Eastern Orthodoxy, it is not completely accurate and does not show the whole picture. I completely agree that the talk John McArthur gave was extremely inaccurate and ignorant of Eastern Orthodoxy.

All that said - If you are interested, feel free to create a thread that discusses the various views on Sola Fide. It’d be a good discussion for Denominational Theology.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could discuss some of this in your post since it is over an hour long?

I did listen to a good portion of it and skipped to different sections through the rest of the clip. While I appreciate that the speaker recognizes the difficulty of communication between the West and East, and he seems to have more knowledge than some others about Eastern Orthodoxy, it is not completely accurate and does not show the whole picture. I completely agree that the talk John McArthur has was extremely inaccurate and ignorant of Eastern Orthodoxy.

All that said - If you are interested, feel free to create a thread that discusses the various views on Sola Fide. It’d be a good discussion for Denominational Theology.
I agree exactly with your assessment regarding the way(s) Orthodoxy is discussed in this video. I had just watched it within the last day before it was posted here. :)

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0