Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not for me - as I said, I (we?) follow Jesus because his teaching are the word of God, not because what he said makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

There have been a few moments where I didn't like what he said, and if he were an oridinary moral man I don't see why his opinion is any more important or valid than the opinion of anyone else. If I wanted to I could ignore him.

Well why not? Most Christians do!

I can't of course, that would be cherry-picking too. His teachings are more valuable than my personal points of view because it comes from a higher authority.
So you don't love what he loves? You are "only following orders"?

:sorry:

Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
lol wut

I like how you put two guys that have never killed anyone in the "murderous" category. Hitchens supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, yes. Are you calling everyone who took part in those wars "murderers", including the administration and the soldiers? I'm a pretty liberal guy and I wouldn't go that far.

And Sam Harris? Hahaha...have you even read the End of Faith? I actually have, and there is no support of genocide in the book.

Same. Writing a book doesn't make one a murderer- let's at least be fair.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
I like how you put two guys that have never killed anyone in the "murderous" category. Hitchens supported the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, yes. Are you calling everyone who took part in those wars "murderers", including the administration and the soldiers? I'm a pretty liberal guy and I wouldn't go that far.
I blame the neocons (like Hitchens) and the Israel lobby for pushing the U.S. into war. These people are too cowardly to get their hands dirty, but they definitely deserve blame for manipulating politicians and spreading lies. I don't blame the average U.S. citizen or soldier.

And Sam Harris? Hahaha...have you even read the End of Faith? I actually have, and there is no support of genocide in the book.

Harris is loathsome. Apologist for Israel and anti-religious bigot.

quote from Harris: "What will we do if an Islamist regime, which grows dewy-eyed at the mere mention of paradise, ever acquires long-range nuclear weaponry?" Harris asks. "If history is any guide, we will not be sure about where the offending warheads are or what their state of readiness is, and so we will be unable to rely on targeted, conventional weapons to destroy them. In such a situation, the only thing likely to ensure our survival may be a nuclear first strike of our own.
Needless to say, this would be an unthinkable crime -- as it would kill tens of millions of innocent civilians in a single day -- but it may be the only course of action available to us, given what Islamists believe."

quote: Harris reduces a fifth of the world's population to a vast, primitive enemy. He blithely accepts that we may have to murder "tens of millions of people in a single day." His bigotry, and the bigotry of all who dehumanize others, sets the stage for indiscriminate slaughter and atrocity. The people to be killed, we are told, are not really distinct individuals. They do not have hopes and aspirations. They only appear human. They must be destroyed because of what they represent, what lurks beneath the surface of their human form. This dehumanization, especially by those who live in a society with the technological capacity to carry out acts of massive industrial slaughter, is terrifying. The new atheists see only one truth -- their truth. Human beings must become like them, think like them and adopt their values, which they insist are universal, or be banished from civilized society. All other values, which they never investigate or examine, are dismissed as inferior.

LINK

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I blame the neocons (like Hitchens) and the Israel lobby for pushing the U.S. into war. These people are too cowardly to get their hands dirty, but they definitely deserve blame for manipulating politicians and spreading lies. I don't blame the average U.S. citizen or soldier.

Harris is loathsome. Apologist for Israel and anti-religious bigot.

quote from Harris: "What will we do if an Islamist regime, which grows dewy-eyed at the mere mention of paradise, ever acquires long-range nuclear weaponry?" Harris asks. "If history is any guide, we will not be sure about where the offending warheads are or what their state of readiness is, and so we will be unable to rely on targeted, conventional weapons to destroy them. In such a situation, the only thing likely to ensure our survival may be a nuclear first strike of our own.
Needless to say, this would be an unthinkable crime -- as it would kill tens of millions of innocent civilians in a single day -- but it may be the only course of action available to us, given what Islamists believe."

quote: Harris reduces a fifth of the world's population to a vast, primitive enemy. He blithely accepts that we may have to murder "tens of millions of people in a single day." His bigotry, and the bigotry of all who dehumanize others, sets the stage for indiscriminate slaughter and atrocity. The people to be killed, we are told, are not really distinct individuals. They do not have hopes and aspirations. They only appear human. They must be destroyed because of what they represent, what lurks beneath the surface of their human form. This dehumanization, especially by those who live in a society with the technological capacity to carry out acts of massive industrial slaughter, is terrifying. The new atheists see only one truth -- their truth. Human beings must become like them, think like them and adopt their values, which they insist are universal, or be banished from civilized society. All other values, which they never investigate or examine, are dismissed as inferior.

LINK

You're equating this with murder? How on earth is this equivalent to murder? You'd have us living in a 1984-esque world with thought-crimes and homosexuals being thrown in prison...

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
You're equating this with murder? How on earth is this equivalent to murder? You'd have us living in a 1984-esque world with thought-crimes and homosexuals being thrown in prison...
lol

Don't you think the media bosses and their propagandists deserve to be criticized when they shriek for war?

When did I ever call for homosexuals to be thrown in prison?

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
lol

Don't you think the media bosses and their propagandists deserve to be criticized when they shriek for war?

When did I ever call for homosexuals to be thrown in prison?

You think homosexuals are responsible for the spread of one of the worst infectious diseases in modern times, so anything less from you would be hypocritical.

And yes, I think war-mongers should be criticized. But they're not murderers.

Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
For those who don't realize atheism was central to Communism: The League of the Militant Godless

Soviet Propaganda showing Jesus dumped in the garbage:

"Atheistic" communist nations still were very religious. The leader was the deity...these were personality cults. It gets really irritating when you smug theists blame us for the terrible things these mass murderers did. Atheism has nothing to do with what they did.

Your narrow-mindedness and abrasiveness is getting extremely frustrating. I have not once belittled your beliefs, and I'd prefer if you returned the favor.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
You think homosexuals are responsible for the spread of one of the worst infectious diseases in modern times, so anything less from you would be hypocritical.
When did I ever call for homosexuals to be thrown in prison? So you acknowledge I never said this. So you are making baseless accusations. A fair-minded person would apologize. I did point out that homosexuals have been very effective carriers of the disease - which is true. While some homosexuals were victims of AIDS others demanded the bathhouses be kept open - ignoring the health hazards. Many innocents died because the irresponsible behavior promoted by some gay activists.

And yes, I think war-mongers should be criticized. But they're not murderers.
I called Harris and Hitchens "murderous". Murderous = Characteristic of or giving rise to murder or bloodshed. Since both men call for a jihad against religious people I think both can be described as murderous.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
"Atheistic" communist nations still were very religious. The leader was the deity
Atheists that turn away from Christianity (forgiving your enemy & living for others is difficult!) often instead worship themselves. Some atheists reject Jesus and substitute a political leader or some superstition.

Interesting article: Look Who's Irrational Now

Only a very few believe in nothing.

Always fun watching atheists twist themselves into pretzels trying to deny that even the most committed atheists are atheists. lol

Your narrow-mindedness and abrasiveness is getting extremely frustrating. I have not once belittled your beliefs, and I'd prefer if you returned the favor.
You do indulge in name-calling and you do make baseless accusations however.

Internet atheists are usually so hateful, but when you puncture their inflated self-regard they throw a tantrum.

Maybe if atheists want Christians to stop criticizing atheists they should stop torturing and killing Christians:

article: Chinese Police Proudly Record Their Torture of Christians

quote: According to interviews with members of Sister Ma’s house church and statements smuggled out of prison, dozens of church members were arrested at the same time and beaten with clubs, jolted with cattle prods and burned with cigarettes. When they fainted, buckets of water were poured on them to revive them. Interrogators stomped on the fingers of male prisoners and stripped off the clothes of young women prisoners and abused them.

“They used the electrical prods on me all over,” Ms. Ma said, fighting back tears. “They wanted to humiliate us.”

Additional details about Sister Ma’s arrest and torture were learned by New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof, who reported on November 26, 2002, that police in a remote region of China had interrogated a woman named Ma Yuqin, but their efforts seemed unsuccessful. Kristof wrote: “She never broke when she was tortured with beatings and electrical shocks. Even when she was close to death, she refused to disclose the names of members of her congregation or sign a statement renouncing her Christian faith.”

While the physical abuse was almost unbearable, the mental torture was even worse. Throughout her ordeal, Ma Yuquin could hear the sounds of her son being tortured in the next room. They could hear each other’s screams-additional incentives to betray their friends and their faith. Recalling this, Ma Yuquin began to sob. “They wanted me to hear (my son’s) cries,” she said. “It broke my heart.”

According to VOM sources, Sister Yu was beaten to death while in custody.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
I called Harris and Hitchens "murderous". Murderous = Characteristic of or giving rise to murder or bloodshed. Since both men call for a jihad against religious people I think both can be described as murderous.

Neither of them have done so.

Atheists that turn away from Christianity (forgiving your enemy & living for others is difficult!) often instead worship themselves. Some atheists reject Jesus and substitute a political leader or some superstition.

Interesting article: Look Who's Irrational Now

Only a very few believe in nothing.

Always fun watching atheists twist themselves into pretzels trying to deny that even the most committed atheists are atheists. lol

Don't tell me what I believe, and I won't tell you what you believe.

Your Pope has said condoms don't hinder the spread of AIDS, your church has covered up the systematic rape of children, and was responsible for all of the breakthroughs in torture technology in the Middle Ages. But I don't blame you for that. So go ahead, keep on implying that my beliefs are make me worship myself or nothing or are a step away from committing genocide, but then you have to give me license to criticize you based on the faults of the Catholic Church. Deal?

Upvote 0

PHenry42

Feb 3, 2011
✟1,527.00
Faith
Muslim
Atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki killed lots of people. this can be called the greatest mass murder of history.

Bollocks. The firebombing of Tokyo killed more people than Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined. And the firebombing of Hamburg many times more still.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Neither of them have done so.
Here's secular fanatic Hitchens.

quote: It is impossible to compromise with the proponents of sacrificial killings of civilians, the disseminators of anti-Semitic filth, the violators of women and the cheerful murderers of children.

It is also impossible to compromise with the stone-faced propagandists for Bronze Age morality: morons and philistines who hate Darwin and Einstein and managed, during their brief rule in Afghanistan, to ban and erase music and art while cultivating the skills of germ warfare. If they could do that to Afghans, what might they not have in mind for us? In confronting such people, the crucial thing is to be willing and able, if not in fact eager, to kill them without pity before they get started.

LINK

Incredible! Demonizing the enemy to justify their slaughter.

And don't think this doesn't have real world consequences: Britain admits to using 'brutal' vacuum bomb against Taliban

Here's Sam Harris employing sophistry and lies in support of Israeli massacre: "For instance, [liberals] ignore the fact that Muslims intentionally murder noncombatants, while we and the Israelis (as a rule) seek to avoid doing so. Muslims routinely use human shields, and this accounts for much of the collateral damage we and the Israelis cause; the political discourse throughout much of the Muslim world, especially with respect to Jews, is explicitly and unabashedly genocidal. ... Given these distinctions, there is no question that the Israelis now hold the moral high ground in their conflict with Hamas and Hezbollah."

LINK

Let's look at the reality: Palestinian brothers: Israel used us as human shields in Gaza war

Civilians bombed in Gaza by Israel:
Gallery-Children-victims--002.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Your Pope has said condoms don't hinder the spread of AIDS,
quote: We have found no consistent associations between condom use and lower HIV-infection rates, which, 25 years into the pandemic, we should be seeing if this intervention was working."

So notes Edward C. Green, director of the AIDS Prevention Research Project at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, in response to papal press comments en route to Africa this week.

quote: “The pope is correct,” Green told National Review Online Wednesday, “or put it a better way, the best evidence we have supports the pope’s comments. He stresses that “condoms have been proven to not be effective at the ‘level of population.’”

“There is,” Green adds, “a consistent association shown by our best studies, including the U.S.-funded ‘Demographic Health Surveys,’ between greater availability and use of condoms and higher (not lower) HIV-infection rates. This may be due in part to a phenomenon known as risk compensation, meaning that when one uses a risk-reduction ‘technology’ such as condoms, one often loses the benefit (reduction in risk) by ‘compensating’ or taking greater chances than one would take without the risk-reduction technology.”

LINK

your church has covered up the systematic rape of children,
You've been programmed well by the media corporations. Most people have figured out that the constant unjust attacks on Christians by the media bosses is an expression of their bigotry - nothing more. For example I often see anti-Christian articles on Yahoo news, rarely pro-Christian articles.

Catholic priests are no more likely to abuse children than any other group of men.

quote about sex abuse by priests: still amounts to less than 2 percent — comparable to the rate among married men

LINK

another good article: An Airport Encounter

and was responsible for all of the breakthroughs in torture technology in the Middle Ages.
Outworn historical myth - mostly anti-Hispanic bigotry. See article: The Real Inquisition
Investigating the popular myth.

Looks like you're prone to making unjust accusations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lion Hearted Man

Eternal Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
✟11,179.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
quote: We have found no consistent associations between condom use and lower HIV-infection rates, which, 25 years into the pandemic, we should be seeing if this intervention was working."

So notes Edward C. Green, director of the AIDS Prevention Research Project at the Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, in response to papal press comments en route to Africa this week.

quote: “The pope is correct,” Green told National Review Online Wednesday, “or put it a better way, the best evidence we have supports the pope’s comments. He stresses that “condoms have been proven to not be effective at the ‘level of population.’”

“There is,” Green adds, “a consistent association shown by our best studies, including the U.S.-funded ‘Demographic Health Surveys,’ between greater availability and use of condoms and higher (not lower) HIV-infection rates. This may be due in part to a phenomenon known as risk compensation, meaning that when one uses a risk-reduction ‘technology’ such as condoms, one often loses the benefit (reduction in risk) by ‘compensating’ or taking greater chances than one would take without the risk-reduction technology.”

LINK

I defer to the World Health Organization.
WHO | Effectiveness of male latex condoms in protecting against pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections

You've been programmed well by the media corporations. Most people have figured out that the constant unjust attacks on Christians by the media bosses is an expression of their bigotry - nothing more. For example I often see anti-Christian articles on Yahoo news, rarely pro-Christian articles.

Catholic priests are no more likely to abuse children than any other group of men.

quote about sex abuse by priests: still amounts to less than 2 percent — comparable to the rate among married men

LINK
http://catholiceducation.org/articles/facts/fm0011.html

I would agree that Catholic priests probably don't abuse children any more than the general population. But the Church covered it up, shuffled the pedophiles to new parishes, and denies the victims justice.

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/media/me0379.htmOutworn historical myth - mostlyanti-Hispanic bigotry.

Looks like you're prone to making unjust accusations.

Someone is re-inventing history.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
I defer to the World Health Organization.
That does not prove that condoms help fight AIDS. People often don't like to use condoms. People engage in "risk compensation". You haven't proven your case.

quote: Some claim that condoms will cut down on the spread of many sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS. However, a study published in Sexually Transmitted Diseases fails to show any reduction in newly acquired STDs among those who are described as "always users" of condoms.

LINK

I would agree that Catholic priests probably don't abuse children any more than the general population.
Good.

But the Church covered it up, shuffled the pedophiles to new parishes, and denies the victims justice.
The obsessive focus on Catholics and child abuse comes from lawyers wishing to make $$$$$ and media elites wishing to spread their prejudices. Other organizations have transferred offenders, but don't receive nearly the same criticism.

quote: "You obviously never heard the stats on public school teachers," I observed. "In my home town of New York City alone, experts say the rate of sexual abuse among public school teachers is ten times higher than that of priests, and these abusers just get transferred around." (Had I known at that time the news in in last Sunday's New York Times about the high rate of abuse of the most helpless in state supervised homes, with reported abusers simply transferred to another home, I would have mentioned that, too.)

LINK

Someone is re-inventing history.
Weak response.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2011
✟15,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Atheists, with their small numbers and anemic birthrates, must rely on discrimination and brutality in order to maintain their privileges. The depressing & austere atheist creed can only survive by oppression and even the "culling" of religious folk, who enjoy a healthy birthrate.

So many examples!

1) Bleached blond atheist Geert Wilders aspires to be Europe's new Hitler. I'm sure everyone is aware of his notorious attacks on immigrants.

2) Israel, a particularly secular state, has used illegal cluster bombs and white phosphorus against Arab civilians.

3) Israel also discriminates against Ethiopians.

quote: Health officials in Israel are subjecting many female Ethiopian immigrants to a controversial long-term birth control drug in what Israeli women’s groups allege is a racist policy to reduce the number of black babies.
The contraceptive, known as Depo Provera, which is given by injection every three months, is considered by many doctors as a birth control method of last resort because of problems treating its side effects.
However, according to a report published last week, use of the contraceptive by Israeli doctors has risen threefold over the past few years. Figures show that 57 per cent of Depo Provera users in Israel are Ethiopian, even though the community accounts for less than two per cent of the total population.
About 90,000 Ethiopians have been brought to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has subsequently been questioned by some rabbis and is doubted by many ordinary Israelis.
Ethiopians are reported to face widespread discrimination in jobs, housing and education and it recently emerged that their blood donations were routinely discarded.

LINK

4) Milosevic engaged in ethnic cleansing after the break-up of Yugoslavia.

5) Atheist Margaret Sanger desired to exterminate "human weeds" - the poor and minorities.

quote from Sanger: [We propose to] hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. And we do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
Commenting on the 'Negro Project' in a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, December 10, 1939. - Sanger manuscripts, Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.

6) Prominent atheist James Watson has declared that Africans are less intelligent.

7) Marxists alone have killed more people than any other group in human history.

8) Atheist Christopher Hitchens has condemned Moslems because they have sinned against secularism. He demonizes religious folk in preparation for their slaughter. He aches to kill even without provocation.

9) Sam Harris has called for a nuclear first strike against the Islamic world.

10) The neocons pushed the U.S. into the Iraq war. Israel benefited but American soldiers and the Iraqi people suffered as a result.

On a per capita basis atheists are responsible for more evil than any other group in human history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0