Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many times are we going to repeat this conversation? If you care to tell us that the Father is not greater than the Son, have at it! If you worship all three of your gods, do as you like.

The Father is the Father, he is greater in that sense, He and our Mother presided over their family.

In a family the parents preside that does not make the children less than the parents or somehow not as significant as the parents.

What is the commandment?

Matt 19:19 Honour thy father and thy mother:

Jesus as his Son loves his Father and bows his knee to him.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mormonism
Jesus is greater than the Holy Spirit, which is subject unto him, but his Father is greater than he! He has said it. Christ was begotten of God. He was not born without the aid of Man, and that Man was God!” (Doctrines of Salvation, 1:18).
Book of Mormon Student Manual, 1989, Alma 7:10, p.74

Where are you finding these? I went to Doctrines of Salvation, 1:18 and the quote you give is not there.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She spent her time writing you a thorough response to your question. Are you going to read the answer to your question?
Answering a question I did not ask.
Nice complete redherring ;)
Nice dodge, as usual. You've completely avoided the question every time I've asked.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at it this way.

You're doing a research paper.

Would you settle for a Wikipedia article on a topic to get a quick primer, or would you want to see if there's an actual "quick study" guide written by a professor in that field?

Phoebe is basically doing the former: instead of going to the actual manuals, she's settling for something that's been filtered down.
You keep falsely accusing her of that, while providing only dismissive statements instead of actual rebuttals. This is a debate forum, not a research paper forum. You claim you have been doing apologetics for years and have many victories over those poor Christians. How about giving that a shot here?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think perhaps they would have a problem worshiping a goddess who took an oath to obey her husband. ???
I think some lds have an issue with the heavenly mother concept, since it's under the curtain of those who hold to "doctrine only" beliefs, as has been implied in earlier posts in this thread. That contradicts the lds website's statement of it being a "cherished and distinctive belief". Quite the theological predicament, I'd say.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Where are you finding these? I went to Doctrines of Salvation, 1:18 and the quote you give is not there.

Take a deep breathe. Exhale slowly.

I went to Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, page 18. The quote is there. I went to Book of Mormon Student Manual, copyright 1989, p. 74. The quote is there.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I gave my sources. Those sources indicate where you can find the quotes if you look carefully.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Take a deep breathe. Exhale slowly.

I went to Doctrines of Salvation, Vol. 1, page 18. The quote is there. I went to Book of Mormon Student Manual, copyright 1989, p. 74. The quote is there.

I must be looking at a different edition

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I must be looking at a different edition

You may have looked at a newer edition of Book of Mormon Student Manual. The Doctrines of Salvation should remain the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You may have looked at a newer edition of Book of Mormon Student Manual. The Doctrines of Salvation should remain the same.

I'm looking at an on line edition, I don't known.

Anyway, The Doctrines of Salvation is a collection of Joseph Fielding Smith's speeches edited by his son in law Bruce R. McConkie. It was published by the independent Bookcraft and is not an official Church publication. However it is held in high esteem and of value. You can buy it at the Church's Deseret Books, I don't find anything wrong or doctrinally incorrect with the quotes you have posted.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm looking at an on line edition, I don't known.

Anyway, The Doctrines of Salvation is a collection of Joseph Fielding Smith's speeches edited by his son in law Bruce R. McConkie. It was published by the independent Bookcraft and is not an official Church publication. However it is held in high esteem and of value. You can buy it at the Church's Deseret Books, I don't find anything wrong or doctrinally incorrect with the quotes you have posted.

I own the three volumes of DoS. Doctrines of Salvation, Volume 1, Chapter 2, page 18, was quoted by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in their lesson manual. Joseph Fielding Smith was the tenth president of your church having served from 1970 until his death in 1972.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status