Not open for further replies.

Honeycomb

Mar 25, 2002
Santa Barbara Ca
Visit site
✟284.00
Faith
Protestant
When I come to Message boards, I like to start my strings with a short simple post.

Then, hopefully, we can explore the topic in more detail, using God's word, with each reply.

I believe that only the two witnesses will have the Honor of being Martyred for Christ during the Great tribulation.

The rest of the elect will be just fine, and are translated where they stand and gathered to Jesus when He returns at His Second Advent (parusia)

The Great Tribulation will be mostly fun and exciting for God's elect.

What do you think?

Peace & God bless

In His service
Johnny

mcfly1960

Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Protestant
I can see no "fun" expressed in end time events.

"Joyful" is probably a more appropriate term, for those who come out of the tribulation.

The great multitude will be rejoicing, and will joyfully be singing the Hallelujah chorus.

There will be a lot of tears and sorrow.  And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes (Revelation 7:17 and 21:4).

Upvote 0

Honeycomb

Mar 25, 2002
Santa Barbara Ca
Visit site
✟284.00
Faith
Protestant
I'm deleting this bookmark

I'm either not wellcome here and getting the "treatment"

or there is something wrong with my posts going-over on this site as they keep getting fouled-up

Only here does it happen though?

Maybe this site is infected with worms & Viruses

Im out'a here

Upvote 0

Chili

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
✟445.00
Originally posted by Honeycomb
The Great Tribulation will be mostly fun and exciting for God's elect.

Peace & God bless

In His service
Johnny

Good point, and it will be the best time of our life unless we are called but not chosen (based on "many are called but few are chosen)."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...unless we are called but not chosen (based on "many are called but few are chosen)."...
Note that it's not enough to be chosen, we must also be faithful:

"Called, and chosen, and faithful" (Revelation 17:14).

"It was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. If any man have an ear, let him hear. He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints" (Revelation 13:7-10).

"Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

Upvote 0
Honeycomb, are you saying this because you think all of the elect will be "raptured" out of here prior to the trib?
And so you think you will have a front row seat at the best movie theater looking down on the poor slobs that are going through it?
Popcorn, candy, soda, and a great flick.

Personally I do not believe that. From what I read, even the 144,000 will go through it. They are sealed by God so they do not suffer much of the bad stuff, but they are still there. The first resurrection is not until the end of the trib period when Satan is cast into the pit for a thousand years.
And if the 144,000 are to remain here, I really do not think any one will be getting out of it.

And again personally, I feel that it is a good thing to have our faith tested in the trib. We will see just who has oil for their lamps and who do not.

I could be wrong and you may be out of here. But what if you are wrong and you have to go through it. Would it crush your faith if you were "left behind" until after the trib? Are you prepared to go through it in faith if there is a pre-trib rapture, but for some reason that you are unaware of, God decides to leave you here until later?
All possibilities you must consider and prepare for.

In a way I totally agree with you. I think it will be fun, too.
But for different reasons. I am expecting to go through it, but I will be going through it with understanding. As such I will not be frightened by what happens, and I may be able to lead others to Christ during that time.

There are many lost souls that will remain so if all the elect are gone during the worst time in human history.

Upvote 0

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Painful indeed. ***I'm going out on a limb here by saying this but, I believe it will be the Americans and Israel who are going to be persecuted. And the Jihad and Islam will be the sweeping hatred that is coming after us.
(just my thoughts)

Did anyone notice that at the opening of the fifth seal, they (who were slain for the word of God) are given robes and told to rest for a little season UNTIL THEIR FELLOWSERVANTS AND BRETHREN SHOULD BE KILLED AS THEY WERE?

*And one of the elders answered saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence come they?
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the lamb.
They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.

Fifty years have passed since WWII. Millions were exterminated during the Holocaust. Children, old men, young men, young women; murdered for hatred. Will it happen again? Perhaps it is the fulfillment of the fifth seal, that it does. And Christians, <Americans> will be the ones having to come out of it.

Wildfire

Upvote 0
Dear Friends,

The Tribulation time will not be "fun" for anyone who is alive at that time, if you are to believe scripture on the subject. Those Christians who are sealed will be protected from the plagues which fall upon the guilty who have not accepted Jesus' free gift of salvation through faith, the Holy Spirit having transformed their lives daily until their characters are spotless and they are prepared to live in the presence of a holy God and heavenly beings.

But even the ones who are sealed will see the suffering ones all around them! It will be a painful, terrible process for them, though they rejoice in knowing their Lord will soon appear in the clouds of heaven, with all His angels. We know this time is coming because our Lord has promised us in Revelation that these things will transpire. But we should not think of such a time as "fun." Many, even of our own families, who might have been saved had they repented of their sins and loved our Lord, will be lost.

May God spare us such terrible times!

Your Friend in Christ,

Ya'nar

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EPHRIAM777

A REAL NICE GUY..!
Dec 6, 2002
PHILLY
✟620.00
Originally posted by Honeycomb

I believe that only the two witnesses will have the Honor of being Martyred for Christ during the Great tribulation.

The rest of the elect will be just fine, and are translated where they stand and gathered&nbsp;to Jesus when He&nbsp;returns at His Second Advent (parusia)

The Great Tribulation will be mostly fun and exciting&nbsp;for God's elect.

What do you think?

Eph thinks...

That was a very funny post...BUT the Great Trib is sooo bad you'd rather take a shower tonight in VOMIT...than face one day of it as a Christian...!

God's wrath poured out from Heaven on an unbelieving world..is not a "fun.. day at the beach"...type thing..!

I'll be in my Sky Box "ring side" seat watching the "Thunderdome" type conditions down here....Till I get the order to saddle up...!

:)

THEN and only then will the REAL fun begin...!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.