Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I didn't vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton during the last presidential election. In fact, I voted Third Party because I refused to compromise my conscience to vote for either one of these two very corrupt presidential nominees. I refused to succumb to the 'lesser of two evils' ploy and hold my nose to vote for one of them. I personally think that the primary political parties, the Republican party and the Democratic party, are both morally and politically corrupt. I think that fact is very obvious since Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were chosen as the final presidential nominees. Both of these two people are undoubtedly morally and politically corrupt and yet each one was chosen as the final nominee for their political party during the last presidential election. Power does indeed corrupt.
I agree with you totally here. However, voting third party had no discernible effect on the outcome hence was throwing away a vote, and possibly had a negative effect to one of the two corrupt options (not that we care, but most voted for one or the other who actually would be elected - how I wish that people understood we are not limited to two options).

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
t's gone way past self-criticism to self-destrucition for much of the left.
They would rather destroy the country than lose power.

We have different definitions of what destruction looks like.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. What he actually said was that among the people gathered to protest removal for historical reasons, but the article simply says they were all "white nationalists". Inaccurate.

Here’s what Trump actually said:
“You had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people—on both sides—you had people in that group—excuse me. Excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue, and the re-naming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

“You’re changing history. You’re changing culture, and you had people—and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, OK? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.”

https://news.grabien.com/making-transcript-trump-press-conference-charlottesville

Actual transcript. The media can't get anything right, and people who like what they are saying just rush to believe it instead of get the facts. Always get your facts straight.
There are no "very fine people" marching and chanting with KKK and Neo Nazis. This is the simple concept that should not present difficulties.

When you praise some Nazis and KKK saying they are "very fine people" it is wrong. It only makes the White Supremacists happy. It was very clear what Trump was saying and the White Supremacists loved this when Trump publicly praised some.

Trump goes off script, and white supremacists cheer
Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists applaud Donald Trump's Statement
Donald Trump: White Supremacists Praise Charlottesville Talk

So this is something the "left" does not understand: Why Trump get pass from some of his base when he publicly support KKK and Neo Nazis.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you totally here. However, voting third party had no discernible effect on the outcome hence was throwing away a vote, and possibly had a negative effect to one of the two corrupt options (not that we care, but most voted for one or the other who actually would be elected - how I wish that people understood we are not limited to two options).

I don't ascribe to the myth of the wasted vote when someone votes Third Party. During the years I've been of the legal age to vote, I have had many conservative evangelical Christians advise me to vote my conscience and I did during this last presidential election. It was completely against my conscience to vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. In fact, my conscience is clear knowing that I didn't help put Trump in the White House or I didn't help put Clinton in the White House if she had won.

I didn't help make this bed, so I don't have to lie in it and take some responsibility for it.

Voting Third Party Is Not A Waste

The Christian Post: Why Voting 3rd Party or Independent Isn't a Waste

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't ascribe to the myth of the wasted vote when someone votes Third Party. During the years I've been of the legal age to vote, I have had many conservative evangelical Christians advise me to vote my conscience and I did during this last presidential election. It was completely against my conscience to vote for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. In fact, my conscience is clear knowing that I didn't help put Trump in the White House or I didn't help put Clinton in the White House if she had won.

I didn't help make this bed, so I don't have to lie in it and take some responsibility for it.

Voting Third Party Is Not A Waste

The Christian Post: Why Voting 3rd Party or Independent Isn't a Waste
That is one way to look at it. But you are in "the bed" along with everyone else in terms of the results.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are no "very fine people" marching and chanting with KKK and Neo Nazis. This is the simple concept that should not present difficulties.

When you praise some Nazis and KKK saying they are "very fine people" it is wrong. It only makes the White Supremacists happy. It was very clear what Trump was saying and the White Supremacists loved this when Trump publicly praised some.

So this is something the "left" does not understand: Why Trump get pass from some of his base when he publicly support KKK and Neo Nazis.
Who said the people there with an historical interest in the monument were marching and chanting? Lots of people were there along the sidelines, even protesters.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who said the people there with an historical interest in the monument were marching and chanting? Lots of people were there along the sidelines, even protesters.
This was rally hosted by KKK and NeoNazis. If you go to rally hosted by these people and are on same side then you are NOT "very fine people". This is not difficult concept.

Trump said "on both sides". This is crystal clear who he was referring to when he said some are "very fine people" the KKK and Neo Nazis. These are part of his base and he want to keep them happy. And he must want to keep them as part of base or we not say such things.

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
This was rally hosted by KKK and NeoNazis. If you go to rally hosted by these people and are on same side then you are NOT "very fine people". This is not difficult concept.

Trump said "on both sides". This is crystal clear who he was referring to when he said some are "very fine people" the KKK and Neo Nazis. These are part of his base and he want to keep them happy. And he must want to keep them as part of base or we not say such things.

The Antifa are worse than neo-Nazis.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness (1 John 1:5-10)

5 This is the message we have hear from him and declare to you: God is
in him there is no darkness at all.

6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.
Great Op-Ed On What The Radical Left Doesn't Get About America

I'll take my chances with "the Radical Left" rather that support a President who states that he has no need to seek God's forgiveness from sin because he make so few "mistakes" and that he is confident he can self-correct any "errors" in judgement that he may make!

Come Judgement Day, there will be millions of conservative Christians trying to reconcile as to how they could have supported a Presidential who in his own words has made out Christ to be a liar (1 John 1:10)!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Great Op-Ed On What The Radical Left Doesn't Get About America

I'll take my chances with "the Radical Left" rather that support a President who sees no need to seek God's forgiveness from sin!

Come Judgement Day, there will be millions of conservative Christians trying to explain as to how they could support a Presidential candidate who denied the need to seek God's forgiveness!

What are you talking about? Donald Trump opposes abortion/genocide of the unborn. That is good enough for me.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
temptation-of-christ.jpg

Matthew 4:1-11 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry
3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
6 “If you are the Son of God, he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
********************************************************************************
What are you talking about? Donald Trump opposes abortion/genocide of the unborn. That is good enough for me.

If "the ends justify the means," Jesus would have "bow{ed) down and worshipped" the "devil," in return for "all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour!" Such a compromise could have alleviated a lot of human suffering, had Jesus been willing to compromise his values!

Would Christ have though that it was "good enough for him" to support Trump who has openly denied the need to seek God's forgiveness from sin, as the price He was willing to pay for a President who opposed abortion!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 4:1-11 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Is Tested in the WildernessA)' data-cr="#cen-NIV-23211A">

1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.
2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry
3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”

4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple.
6 “If you are the Son of God, he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.
8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.
********************************************************************************

If "the ends justify the means," Jesus would have "bow{ed) down and worshipped" the "devil," in return for the "kingdoms of the world and their splendour!"

Would Christ have though that it was "good enough for him" to support Trump who has openly denied the need to seek God's forgiveness from sin as the price He was willing to pay for a President who opposed abortion!

Worst analogy ever!

Upvote 0

Annie Proclivite

Aug 15, 2018
Texas
✟2,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Then provide a better one from the Bible showing that the ends justify the means!

If I abstained from voting conservative, it would be like voting Democrat. That's no different than voting for a pro-abortion candidate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
trump-access-hollywood1.jpg

If I abstained from voting conservative, it would be like voting Democrat. That's no different than voting for a pro-abortion candidate.

Just how far are conservative Christians willing to "make a deal with the devil" by compromising their principles in the hope that someday a Trump dominated Supreme Court may overturn Roe v Wade.

Conservative Christians have no guarantees that this President could change his position on abortion at any given time, faced with the prospect that the majority of Americans still support "The Right to Choose!"

"Prohibition" in America during the 1930's has already demonstrated that a large % of citizens will decide to ignore an unpopular law - is the Trump Administration willing to fill the nation's prisons with young women who decide to proceed with an abortion irrespective of the law?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The left aren't in power in the US. The president, congress, the courts, all of those are dominated by conservatives.

And the Trump-deranged among the left, like Maxine
Waters are doing everything they can to hinder every
move that the President makes and have promised to
impeach him if they get a majority again, legal or not.

There is a group on the left, including the media, who
have been working to destroy our President or at least
to make him ineffective as President, even if it destroys
the country. So far, it isn't stopping him, as it would any
regular politician in his place.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"Prohibition" in America during the 1930's has already demonstrated that a large % of citizens will decide to ignore an unpopular law - is the Trump Administration willing to fill the nation's prisons with young women who decide to proceed with an abortion irrespective of the law?

We filled the prisons with drug users, so yes.
But we don't have to start with the young women.

The doctors will do nicely. Take their licenses and
money and then put them in prison.

Wishful thinking, though. It will never happen, and
neither will putting homosexuals and crossdressers
back out of our schools and military. The country is
in the midst of coming unraveled.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Then isn't it sort of odd people keep pretending he's anything more then a d-list reality tv show host with a penchant for cheating on his wives in a job he's wholly incapable of understanding let alone doing? :scratch:
tulc(is just curious)

What I see is that even with the Democrats and many
Republicans against him, he has still done more for
the country (not just fringe groups) in less than two
years than Obama did in two terms. He has led where
no President has dared, including moving the embassy
in Israel to Jerusalem, where it belongs.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a group on the left, including the media, who
have been working to destroy our President or at least
to make him ineffective as President, even if it destroys
the country. So far, it isn't stopping him, as it would any
regular politician in his place.

Nonsense, the fact is that trump's own character, ineptness, personal attacks, and unrivaled lying are the cause of his own destruction. The "Media" has taken it's responsibility seriously to expose the truth, though many trump worshippers prefer to have their "ears tickled". Ineffective? Republicans control both the house and senate so that the only reason he would be ineffective is that he is devoid of actual vision and considered policy. So what is stopping his policy advancements since repubs are in control? It appears that many hate the "left", whatever that may be, so much that they willing follow this sham of a president...and of a man.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0