✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, everyone :)

It seems a few of us are agreed that the 70's produced fab songs, perhaps the best songs ever, but there were heaps of brilliant songs released during the 80's and 90's as well. A time when my children came along in quick succession leading to an inclusion in my list of faves of some of the songs my children were enjoying throughout their childhood years in the 80's and 90's.

As with the 70's music thread, feel free to list faves, post you tube clips and chat about the music we enjoyed back then and still enjoy today. Just remember to check when your songs were released as we now have threads for the 60's, the 70's and this one in which to post our faves. :cool:

Have fun! ^_^

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@KevinC1129 "I can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away. How long, how long will we sing this song?"

thank you for posting that!

fan?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Now there was great crossover music in the 80's and 90's but the 80's gave birth to the hip hop genre too. It was the (imho) decade in which R&B began to take a back seat to to the new kid on the block(hip hop).

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Handmaid for Jesus -off topic, but do you enjoy the hip hop style of dance, especially when they have the kids do it? Here is a young people's hip hop dance ministry in Hawaii

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
...and love songs! Ummm. This one always makes me feel good about being a woman, even today. I went to see them in concert and when they performed this tune, I nearly swooned!:swoon:

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@Handmaid for Jesus -off topic, but do you enjoy the hip hop style of dance, especially when they have the kids do it? Here is a young people's hip hop dance ministry in Hawaii

I am not fond of it. But, if it ministers to someone, and they are saved, I am not against it.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,295.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I enjoyed the groups but the newer ones did not have staying power. Here is a young group that I really liked, but they didn't last long. The members went on to solo careers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I didn't really start listening to U2 until well into the 2000's, Kevin. :sorry: But when I heard this song, it immediately went onto my list of 'will never forget' songs. :D

I love the way this song starts and Bono's voice is superb. :)

Upvote 0

KevinC1129

Simul justus et peccator
Jan 24, 2016
North Texas
✟490,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
@KevinC1129 "I can't believe the news today. I can't close my eyes and make it go away. How long, how long will we sing this song?"

thank you for posting that!

fan?

Absolutely! When you mentioned Red Rocks, it triggered a lot of memories. That was when they were at their best, in my opinion, before they become super popular.

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and love songs! Ummm. This one always makes me feel good about being a woman, even today. I went to see them in concert and when they performed this tune, I nearly swooned!:swoon:

How cool that you saw them in concert, Handmaid! :) Awesome! Speaking of love songs, I love the song 'Endless Love' and though Lionel Ritchie is one cool singer, I have to admit I really like Luther Vandross' cover.

I was sad to see he passed away at such a young age. God blessed him with such a beautiful voice.

Upvote 0