Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,430.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Very strange - before this, by the time we got to half way through the Fast, each year I've been really craving for Meat and Cheese - this year it's not happened.

I know I've not been the only one in the past - we usually ended up with a thread on the topic.

Have we been concentrating more on other things, thanks to Covid-19, and so been helped in a strange way to see past the restrictions re food ?

Has anyone else noticed this ?

Reactions: FenderTL5

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've noticed that it almost doesn't seem like a fast.

My usual Lenten craving is Krystal/White Castle burgers. The little gut-bombs that I rarely to never get because the only time I want one is during the fasts.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Turns out I’m in Anastasia’s boat. My heart and cholesterol and overall body type can’t take carbs. I’m stuck on a Keto diet and WISH I could be vegan! Father and I met and discussed it for the Fast and how to work within it to live up to the spirit. For me, I have the opposite cravings of you guys. I miss beans, rice, tortillas, French bread, potatoes....

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Turns out I’m in Anastasia’s boat. My heart and cholesterol and overall body type can’t take carbs. I’m stuck on a Keto diet and WISH I could be vegan! Father and I met and discussed it for the Fast and how to work within it to live up to the spirit. For me, I have the opposite cravings of you guys. I miss beans, rice, tortillas, French bread, potatoes....

even though the food is different, that sounds like a fast to me.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I have LOVED sleeping in and not driving, BUT.....I have missed the liturgy, Matins, vespers, and fellowship infinitely more. I miss worship and my church family. Taking Communion is a wonderful blessing, don’t get me wrong, but not having the liturgy that builds up toward OT, not having the little and great entrances, the prokeimenon, no readings, no sermon, no cherubic hymn, etc etc etc just plain SUCKS

The only craving I have honestly had, is for

Liturgy !!

Our last one was 15 March !

Upvote 0