✟49,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
https://www.amazon.com/More-Spirited-Than-Lions-Practical/dp/1928653049

Thought some would enjoy this book. The author is a woman as well, which is unique and is helpful with taking out bias (even though everyone does have bias after all).

This book looks very 'real.' Just from reviewing it a bit, this book isn't from an ideologue who dislikes feminism because it's a rival ideology, but someone with a more cohesive worldview that is capable of interpreting movements and discerning spirits. I hope to be able to look at it this book more in the future.

Here's something interesting and barely relevant. If you are ever in an old American house which has cabinets from the 1940's to mid-1950's, you are likely to see on the interior of those cabinets a strange colour of green - a green that is kind of like a sour green apple colour, but more pale. This was the common colour of kitchens around the time, but in most times it's painted over and is only visible inside cabinets. This green colour existed to stop feminism, by visually sedating women and make them desire more to be in the kitchen. This is a bizarre fact of history. It points to a surprising level of superstition - I mean, really, it's supposed to be some kind of magic paint that subdues women. It points to the stereotype of that era, of men greatly underestimating the capacity of women and devaluing their person - as well as showing that the men had a deep fearfulness of women and the spirit of the times. Really something to ponder, because this paint colour shows the means and attitude in one stage of the the Western sexual dialectic.

Upvote 0

SingularityOne

Supporter
Jul 4, 2018
Nashville
✟538,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This book looks very 'real.' Just from reviewing it a bit, this book isn't from an ideologue who dislikes feminism because it's a rival ideology, but someone with a more cohesive worldview that is capable of interpreting movements and discerning spirits. I hope to be able to look at it this book more in the future.

Here's something interesting and barely relevant. If you are ever in an old American house which has cabinets from the 1940's to mid-1950's, you are likely to see on the interior of those cabinets a strange colour of green - a green that is kind of like a sour green apple colour, but more pale. This was the common colour of kitchens around the time, but in most times it's painted over and is only visible inside cabinets. This green colour existed to stop feminism, by visually sedating women and make them desire more to be in the kitchen. This is a bizarre fact of history. It points to a surprising level of superstition - I mean, really, it's supposed to be some kind of magic paint that subdues women. It points to the stereotype of that era, of men greatly underestimating the capacity of women and devaluing their person - as well as showing that the men had a deep fearfulness of women and the spirit of the times. Really something to ponder, because this paint colour shows the means and attitude in one stage of the the Western sexual dialectic.
Yeah, I just finished it and can validate that you’re correct in that assessment. The author is quite discerning and seems to abide by the Mind of the Church in her discourse.

Interesting... I never knew that. Was the green used on purpose? That seems to be very superstitious to me!

Upvote 0