Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have a profound lack of peace in my life, and I realized that I'm obsessing over things that I have no control over that may or may not happen in the future. I think COVID has taught us that we cannot predict one day or one month into the future, so it's pointless to ask ourselves what next year will look like.

I work an entry level administrative job at a university, and I'm longing for a promotion. I'm putting in a lot of hours of overtime, and have been doing many favors for management. I've been steady for them. I find myself often thinking, "once I promote to 50k from 35k a year, I'll be happy" because money is tight living on my own. And yet, each day that comes and I'm not promoted to a higher salary, I find myself frustrated and miserable. I'm starting to see that I'm actually repelling the thing that I desperately want and think I need by obsessing over it so much. If I just relaxed and thanked God for what I do have, maybe something greater would come my way.

Future promotions and blessings are like women. When you set your happiness on them and pursue them and think, “I can’t live without one” they never come. It’s only when you let go of the thought of ever having a woman and find satisfaction in other things and have peace in yourself that suddenly women start asking about you. It’s a strange paradox of life in which the things you really want in life never manifest themselves and become yours until you give them up. It reminds me of Christ's saying that "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses it for My sake shall find it."

Any thoughts on this?

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a profound lack of peace in my life, and I realized that I'm obsessing over things that I have no control over that may or may not happen in the future. I think COVID has taught us that we cannot predict one day or one month into the future, so it's pointless to ask ourselves what next year will look like.

I work an entry level administrative job at a university, and I'm longing for a promotion. I'm putting in a lot of hours of overtime, and have been doing many favors for management. I've been steady for them. I find myself often thinking, "once I promote to 50k from 35k a year, I'll be happy" because money is tight living on my own. And yet, each day that comes and I'm not promoted to a higher salary, I find myself frustrated and miserable. I'm starting to see that I'm actually repelling the thing that I desperately want and think I need by obsessing over it so much. If I just relaxed and thanked God for what I do have, maybe something greater would come my way.

Future promotions and blessings are like women. When you set your happiness on them and pursue them and think, “I can’t live without one” they never come. It’s only when you let go of the thought of ever having a woman and find satisfaction in other things and have peace in yourself that suddenly women start asking about you. It’s a strange paradox of life in which the things you really want in life never manifest themselves and become yours until you give them up. It reminds me of Christ's saying that "He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses it for My sake shall find it."

Any thoughts on this?

Endless hunger, worldly desire, desperation in any degree is not God's Way.

He tells us He will take care of our needs and not withhold any GOOD thing from us for He is a Good Father - HE IS THE BEST FATHER - we must relax in His care. However, I acknowledge this is not always easy.

Too often we want what we want when if we will let go of what we want in life God will give us something so much better.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The first thing that came to mind when I read your post is being a VA - virtual assistant. You'd have more autonomy and can work from home.

If that sounds appealing, send me a note. I know someone who runs a program online. :)

~Bella

Upvote 0