Graphene screens and low cost desalination of ocean water.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In my opinion this development is huge and fits with the fulfillment of Isaiah 35 where springs break forth in the desert.

Graphene screens may be able to drastically reduce the cost of desalination of ocean water.

Graphene sieve could make seawater drinkable - CNN.com

This is great news for the nations of Israel and Jordan and could play a role in their cooperating at a whole new level.

Reactions: Jimmy D

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In my 2008 campaign for Municipal Councillor I quoted a New Mexico biologist and coach who feels that turning deserts green is the best way to initiate stabilization of the climate.

www.BankingSystemsFlaws.blogspot.ca/

Carl Cantrell.

"So how is our problem of continental drying causing global warming? It all has to do with vegetation and sunlight. When sun light hits a plant, it causes a process which we call photosynthesis where the energy from the sun light creates oxygen for us to breathe, water for us to drink, and is stored as sugar for plants and animals to use. When the same sun light hits the soil, all of its energy turns into heat and is radiated back into the atmosphere.. ."

"Therefore, the less vegetation you have on the planet, the more sunlight is being turned into heat and the warmer the planet becomes...."

"Just take a look at any satellite picture of the earth showing heat and you will see that our deserts are the warmest spots on the planet by far. More heat is being generated by just one of the top four or five deserts than by all of our cities combined.... "

"The truth is that you can do more to decrease global warming by just reducing the average temperature for the Sahara Desert by one or two degrees than if we humans completely quit using fossil fuels and returned to the cave…."

"So, how would you start working to resolve this problem? Easy, cool the deserts and get some vegetation growing on them as soon as possible. But the method is much more complex than that. You have to use the prevailing trade winds in relation to the deserts to get the best results as quickly as possible and it will be extremely expensive…."

"Then we build desalination plants along the coast near these water sheds and pipe water to the tops or ridges of the water sheds…"

"We need to start working on this as soon as possible because, if the planet reaches a point to where it is warming faster than our technology can possibly stop or reverse this warming trend, then our planet is lost and all life will cease to exist on this planet within a relatively short period of time. We will need to start with the largest and hottest deserts because cooling them will have the greatest benefit in the least time (Global Warming II by biologist Carl Cantrell)."

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In my opinion this development is huge and fits with the fulfillment of Isaiah 35 where springs break forth in the desert.
Look what happened in Israel from 1930 to 1980.
They turned a desert into the best producing land in the world.
I think they export more produce/et al/ than any other country,
but at least it is considerable,
considering that not so long ago it was just desert land.

Not to mention the dry , dead, lifeless corpses walking around on earth, that may be restored to life (or that have been),

like unto the valley of bones parable or analogy in Scripture.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

RabbiMike

Dec 19, 2013
✟17,675.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
In my 2008 campaign for Municipal Councillor I quoted a New Mexico biologist and coach who feels that turning deserts green is the best way to initiate stabilization of the climate.

I agree. Reducing carbon emissions has a hard limit in terms of what we can accomplish (barring catastrophic population loss), but Israel is the proof-of-concept that desertification can be reversed. Hugh Ross has suggested as an interim step that we should provide free fuel to those living in desert areas so that they won't destroy the plant life that we're trying to re-introduce for heating, cooking, etc. Basically, the benefits to reclaiming the desert far outweighs the short-term problem of a few more people using fossil fuels.

This process could also prevent fighting over fresh water resources, so that's awesome as well. Now, if we can just come up with a process to get all of the freaking plastic out of the oceans . . .

Shalom

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree. Reducing carbon emissions has a hard limit in terms of what we can accomplish (barring catastrophic population loss), but Israel is the proof-of-concept that desertification can be reversed. Hugh Ross has suggested as an interim step that we should provide free fuel to those living in desert areas so that they won't destroy the plant life that we're trying to re-introduce for heating, cooking, etc. Basically, the benefits to reclaiming the desert far outweighs the short-term problem of a few more people using fossil fuels.

This process could also prevent fighting over fresh water resources, so that's awesome as well. Now, if we can just come up with a process to get all of the freaking plastic out of the oceans . . .

Shalom

I am extremely concerned about climate change but I
have been convinced that a carbon tax would not actually
do much to reduce global atmospheric temperatures for perhaps a
century or more.

This alternative theory fascinates me.

I believe these Graphene screens might be the catalyst to prove my
online friend to be partly incorrect in his predictions:

Is this analysis of the probable long term effects of climate change logical?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am extremely concerned about climate change but I
have been convinced that a carbon tax would not actually
do much to reduce global atmospheric temperatures for perhaps a
century or more.
Senior satan, monsatan, burned millions of acres of prime virgin rain forest
in south america not so long ago,
to grow a very profitable and harmful crop.

I think millions of oceanic plant growth is being destroyed daily,
and has been destroyed in the last 100 years maliciously by mankind/ corporations likewise.

All over the world this kind of destruction has been perpetrated by men, without any concern for the repercussions (death, ill health) seemingly past the point of recovering what was lost..... "seemingly" because Y'SHUA will restore all that was lost, when He returns...

Until then, mankind is gathered together opposed to God and intent on murdering His children (and anyone else in the way).

For bad example, in such a simple minded magazine as mother earth news, 100 years ago, the necessary means of providing fuel and electricity and food
enough for everyone was published repeatedly (and in organic gardening, popular science, field and stream, , as well as many more 'scientific' journals too) ...

And every year mankind/ society / prevails over what is right and good -
more and more costly so-called 'solutions' - unmanageable by farmers or a few men or a small community ...
huge expensive 'solutions' bent on making everyone subject to the great overall plan...
instead of even allowing the small, easy, even convenient plans known for a long time that worked, and that work when they are permitted..

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Senior satan, monsatan, burned millions of acres of prime virgin rain forest
in south america not so long ago,
to grow a very profitable and harmful crop.

I think millions of oceanic plant growth is being destroyed daily,
and has been destroyed in the last 100 years maliciously by mankind/ corporations likewise.

All over the world this kind of destruction has been perpetrated by men, without any concern for the repercussions (death, ill health) seemingly past the point of recovering what was lost..... "seemingly" because Y'SHUA will restore all that was lost, when He returns...

Until then, mankind is gathered together opposed to God and intent on murdering His children (and anyone else in the way).

For bad example, in such a simple minded magazine as mother earth news, 100 years ago, the necessary means of providing fuel and electricity and food
enough for everyone was published repeatedly (and in organic gardening, popular science, field and stream, , as well as many more 'scientific' journals too) ...

And every year mankind/ society / prevails over what is right and good -
more and more costly so-called 'solutions' - unmanageable by farmers or a few men or a small community ...
huge expensive 'solutions' bent on making everyone subject to the great overall plan...
instead of even allowing the small, easy, even convenient plans known for a long time that worked, and that work when they are permitted..

There is a plan to drill a nine meter wide tunnel from out in the Mediterranean Sea near Tel Aviv to
somewhere near the Dead Sea..... install 7 - 21 hydro electric generation facilities along the tunnel....... then desalinate the water once it reaches the Dead Sea area so that the fresh water can be used for agriculture, reforestation projects and for towns.

This would take about two hundred million cubic meters of water out of the oceans annually which would be good news for New Orleans, Florida, Bangladesh as well as the 143,000 acres of productive farmland along the Bay of Fundy here in Nova Scotia that is protected from the world's highest tides by dikes.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is the one world governmnet plan, yes. God might permit it. But it is not His Way.

Who do you think inspired Isaiah 45?

Is the Cyrus type the Anti-Christ?

Does Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and / or G-d the Father take the anti-Christ by the right hand as explained in verse 1?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Spring in desert is a natural feature. No engineering is needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Huge profitmongers at work: noted years ago> dead sea ? water rights sold to >
About 372,000 results
Coca-Cola and Nestle Are Sucking Us Dry Without Our Even ...
https://www.fool.com/.../coca-cola-and-nestle-are-sucking-us-dry-without-us.aspx - Cached
Mar 2, 2014 ... Activists see water as a fundamental human right. ... kilometers of stored freshwater -- about the same amount of water as there is in the Dead Sea. ... Does that mean that Nestle and Coca-Cola are our water saviors? ... This Week in Solar · 3 High-Yield Dividend Stocks I'd Buy Right Now · Shares of Matrix ...

Why GE, Coca-Cola, and IBM Are Getting Into The Water Business
https://www.fastcompany.com/.../why-ge-coca-cola-and-ibm-are-getting-water-business - Cached
Apr 11, 2011 ... Coca-Cola seems to have just discovered water's importance. ... That's 8 billion gallons Coke didn't have to buy or pump out of rivers or .... Superhero Showdown : Where Does The “Marvel Versus DC” Debate Stand Right Now? ..... Does the idea of taking up arms against a sea of emails each morning feel ...

Coca-Cola: drinking the world dry | War On Want
www.waronwant.org/media/coca-cola-drinking-world-dry - Cached - Similar
The company has also violated workers' rights in countries such as Colombia ... Coca-Cola's operations rely on access to vast supplies of water, as it takes ... family members, with ties to unions, have reportedly been subjected to death threats.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's good to muse and ponder such solutions, but I'm afraid it's a fantasy. We've reached the tipping point and gone over. We're doomed. Katie bar the door! :eek:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I agree with the premise 100 percent, but it ain't gonna happen. We will not allow nature to make fools out of us.

A massive spiritual awakening partly driven by a paradigm shift in how we view our place in the universe / multiverse can help us to become more humble.... and more willing to try things that are less complex than what our natural mind tends to come up with.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A massive spiritual awakening partly driven by a paradigm shift in how we view our place in the universe / multiverse can help us to become more humble.... and more willing to try things that are less complex than what our natural mind tends to come up with.

My 'optimism' is based on belief that we will be saved only by the intervention of God. Our own efforts are doomed to failure. However those of us who understand the self-healing nature of the creation will likely be used in some way in the millennium, as the earth will probably be in pretty tough shape going in. Until then we can practice our craft in small ways.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My 'optimism' is based on belief that we will be saved only by the intervention of God. Our own efforts are doomed to failure. However those of us who understand the self-healing nature of the creation will likely be used in some way in the millennium, as the earth will probably be in pretty tough shape going in. Until then we can practice our craft in small ways.

But..... the sending forth of a Christian political Cyrus type of leader, who doesn't even know God personally...... could be the first move in God's gambit to save us.

Isa 45:1

Thus saith the LORD to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have holden, to subdue nations before him; and I will loose the loins of kings, to open before him the two leaved gates; and the gates shall not be shut;

Isa 45:4

For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

Upvote 0