Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My grandmothers lived with my family for a while. I was close to both of them and learned a lot from them -- way too much to condense in a post. My paternal grandfather died before my parents even got married. My maternal grandfather I knew, but not as well as my grandmothers. He taught me a lot of good things, too, though.

Upvote 0

SyntheticPaper

the best mono-thingie guy there ever was
Mar 30, 2011
✟20,331.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
moms side:
Grandad - grew up in Arkansas, was really big and tough and all that, but really nice and friendly and everyone loved him. He could play every instrument known to man, seriously: guitar, bass, banjo (not a guitjo either, a real 5 string banjo), piano, organ, accordion, his main instrument was saxophone though. Loved big old fast cars from the '60s that he would tune the horsepower up as much as he could. He could make anything, woodworking-wise. If i said i really wanted something, he would make me a wooden version of it, there was a store that had a big huge Marlin on the wall and I really wanted one so, yep, he made me a wooden one with half a marble for the eye.

Grandma - She sewed a lot, one year for christmas she and Grandad made me one of those stick horse things, grandad made the wooden part and grandma sewed the head. I loved that thing. She did all kinds of southern cooking (being from Arkansas as well). Cornbread … mmmm.

dads side:
Grandpa - Had a pick up and worked on it a lot, I spent a lot of time in the garage with him looking at all the car parts and tools and such (I still can't fix cars for anything though :p) and hanging around dark auto part and hardware stores with him. He also taught me that putting salt on apples is incredibly yummy.

Grandma - Knitted and crocheted a lot, I always had lots of blankets from her and the Christmas stocking I had my entire life was knitted by her when I was a little baby. She made really really yummy homemade bread and jams and pies and such. Homemade raspberry jam on homemade bread … you do not get better than that.

I loved all my grand parents including my great grandparents. Well actually I only knew two of them really well, the others either died when i was very little / before I was born or lived to far away.

Grandpas mom - Had a house that was so incredibly stuck in the '40's - '50s. It was great, I think that's why I love '50s stuff so much. She had a big old fashioned radio that still worked and tons of old porcelain dolls and a pink bathroom.

Grandmas mom - Always wore a long black fur coat and had a house that was more '60's looking, but I loved it too. she had one of those dogs with the bobbing head in front of the tv and I would play with that thing for ages. She had this really cool old '50s car, don't remember what it was but it was red and white and I loved it to death.

Upvote 0