Sunny, Florida
✟7,899.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not entirely sure exactly how this started, but my grandfather (who is 77 years old) was forced into a nursing home by the county due to his dementia and early signs of Alzheimer's Disease. They live in Minnesota. And now today my grandmother (who is 73 years old) is being taken away too. I suppose this started about a year ago when my aunt was concerned for my grandmother's mental health...she was constantly crying and sobbing...she had multiple visits to the ER and they could never figure out why she was in pain. So they hooked her up to some nurses that were some how linked to the state of Minnesota. Over the past year, the nurses have helped my grandparents take their pills and montiored how well they can care for themselves. I think that this is very reasonable...I know they can't care for themselves and needed assistance. My grandmother over-medicates herself (whether by accident or on purpose I don't know), forgets to eat, and goes without showers because she simply can't remember. Like I said before, my grandfather's mental state isn't entact enough to care for her either. My grandmother has told lie after lie her whole life, we've never known if what she's saying is the truth or not...we didn't find out my grandfather was in the hospital until he was already leaving! My cousin called us up and told us. She's always been this way, and I've accepted it, but she's gotten to the point now where she lies about us to other people. Says we don't call her, ignore her, and that we only want her $$$. I cried when I heard that, how heartbreaking to think she would tell my extended family that. They know that she tends to bend the truth, they know we're not like that, but it breaks me to think that she possibly thinks we would actually treat her that way.

Anyway, all that is beside the point! Now, due to my grandmother's lack of truthful words, the county is forcing her into the same nursing home my grandfather is in. I've offered several times (probably at least 10) to fly up there, pack their things, and do what ever it is that is necessary to bring them down here. I want to take care of them. I figured it was a pretty good offer...saying that I would take time out of my life with my family, my school, and my work to take care of them every day...but I guess not. :confused: According to several family members I've spoken to, she doesn't trust me (her grand-daughter) or my mom even. Now the state is going to take away all of our family heirlooms, pictures, and everything they've ever owned. It's simply heart-breaking. Plane tickets are so expensive and I can't fly up there at this very moment unless it's going to be a productive trip and consist of moving them down here.

I just need to ask for some prayers. I don't know what will happen to them, but I can't move up there. I have a family myself, a job, and a life. I would love for them to be a part of it, but they seem to think my mother or I should drop our lives and move up there... :doh:I wish I could do that, but I can't. I need to consider my families needs too.

:prayer: Please pray for my grandfather's mental state and that he will feel at peace and comfortable. I truly hope and pray that the staff there are treating him just the way my mom and I would. Also, please pray for my grandmother. She's going to be such a mess today when they try to force her out of her home. Her kitties are still there and she'll have such a tough time emotionally with this move. I know the Lord never gives us anything we can't handle, I just have to keep reminding myself that.

Thank you in advance for your prayers, I deeply and truly appreciate it, and listening to me rant and rave about our emotional struggles. :o

God bless!

:pink: Ashley Lynne

heavensangel1964

Storming 'Heaven' For Souls
May 28, 2008
East Mesa, AZ and Prescott, AZ
Visit site
✟13,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
My Heavenly, Loving, Eternal, Sweet, Father God.....:prayer:

I offer up this Beautiful Couple to thee.....:prayer:

Please.....:prayer:

Take over the care of this elderly couple.......:prayer:

That You, My Sweet, Loving, Father.....:prayer:

Will provide and care for all their daily needs......:prayer:

And if it is of Your Sweet, Loving, Eternal Will.....:prayer:

Please relocate them where they have family.....:prayer:

Especially this beautiful grand daughter....:prayer:

Who is so willing to care for both......:prayer:

Please, cover both, the Grandfather and the Grandmother with Your Most Sweetest, Precious Blood......:prayer:

That they will feel your Sweet, Loving Peace......:prayer:

And to accept what is of Your Holy Will in their life......:prayer:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: "In the Name Of Jesus Christ!" :clap::clap::clap::clap:

And I Claim This Very Special Intention, In The Name Of The Father, Son, And Holy Spirit......:crossrc::crossrc::crossrc:

AMEN! :amen:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:hug::hug::hug::hug: "Thank you, My Sweetest, Precious Jesus!" :hug::hug::hug::hug:

:angel::angel::angel::angel: "For Offering Yourself Upon The Cross!" :angel::angel::angel::angel:

:clap::clap::clap::clap: "To Give Us Everlasting Life!"
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hon, I know how hard it is. We recently went through the same thing with my mother with the pills, neglecting herself, not eating etc... We tried to bring her into our homes, but she needed more help than what we could give. She is in a Nursing Home now and is well taken care of. Still it is so sad.

Father God, I pray for both grandparents and ask that You will help with this transition in their lives no matter where they go. May You always be with them. I pray their new home will provide the care they are needing. I ask that they may find comfort and not be afraid. Take away any fear they may be feeling. Help the grandfather with his confusion and his memory and the grandmother to accept reality and tell the truth.
Bless these elders with all that they are needing. They have done much to contribute to society and deserve peace and the best. I also ask that You will grant the family member's wisdom to know what to do for them and what will be best for them. Help them with this because I know from experience how hard it must be for them. Help them as they go through this, strengthen all and grant them a solution which will bring peace, In Jesus Name, Amen

I can't say for sure, but your grandmother may be lying as a last ditch effort to protect and defend all that belongs to her. Sort of a cry for help.

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I feel for you in this situation having been there and done that with our 4 parents :hug:

If your grandmother is of questionable mentality, her 'lying' may actually be a sign of dementia or alzheimers, and is not her true feelings at all!

Also....her belongings can be returned to you; they cannot take those, though they may put a lean on the house to pay for their care.
I am sure a neighbor could help pack things up for you!
We just had to hire people to help clean out my in-law's home, and another group took most of my Mom's clothing and furniture after she passed away (we took what we could for the family).

Praying the kitties are put into good homes :pray:

But be at peace....caring for elderly in THEIR state of mind is NOT easy, and requires a lot of back up care to assist people who do!
They are blessed that you are even concerned, and certainly the Lord will hear your prayers for them!

My special prayers are with you, for your peace :hug: and for God's will to be done for them in His merciful Love :crossrc:

Upvote 0
D

DruryGirl

Dear God, please bless and care for Ashley Lynne's whole family. Please give them everything they need--healing, peace, understanding, wholeness. Please give the grandparents the care they need, and let them be safe and well cared-for. Please show your love and peace to everyone, and give comfort and provision in every way. Thank You so much in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0