✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My twin grandsons were born Thursday!

Both were the exact same weight and length; 6lbs 4oz and 19", born at 36 weeks. Both were perfectly healthy. Praise God! So, so thankful!

PrivateAjax.jpg

PrivateEmmet.jpg

My daughter is 23, married to a great guy, and they already had a little boy who turned 3 yesterday.

So I now have three grandsons and am barely 49 years old. It doesn't bother me except when I realize that my grandparents were all old when I was a kid. Mine were all retired when I was a little kid and they had the coolest lives with lots of fun toys like boats and motorcycles and giant gardens.

None of them were single.

I was at the hospital yesterday and took my 3yr old grandson to the park so his parents could nap and while there, another grandpa showed up with his grandson that was the identical age and size to mine. He had the all white beard and all denim grandpa outfit on complete with a straw hat.

He asked me how old my son was...

When my daughter and I would go to OB appointments, the receptionists would assume I was the father.

I guess I should be flattered... I know there are plenty of folks my age that are grandparents. I just never thought that I would find myself a grandpa and so totally unlike a traditional grandpa.

I guess I could put in a garden this year...

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many congrats Servant68 :clap: Such beautiful little lads too :)

Over hear, at 50, people seem to assume that my youngest is my grandson when I pick him up from school but I know what you mean :)

God is so good!

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Congrats. They are beautiful babies and ... huge for twins. :) Your daughter did good.

And really 49 is more the traditional age for a grandpa and older than most our generation had for grandparents...you will be 67 when these two guys graduate from high school. That is pretty normal. This younger generation is just giving birth older. I remember going to my aunt's high school graduation (fought to wear lavender nail polish to match my dress) so my grandparents must have been younger than you in comparison to me...and I am one of the older grandkids.

Being a young grandparent is better. You still have the energy to do fun stuff with your grandkids.

Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

rubyinprogress

God's Daughter
Site Supporter
May 5, 2012
Texas
✟53,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My twin grandsons were born Thursday!

Both were the exact same weight and length; 6lbs 4oz and 19", born at 36 weeks. Both were perfectly healthy. Praise God! So, so thankful!

View attachment 223428

View attachment 223429

My daughter is 23, married to a great guy, and they already had a little boy who turned 3 yesterday.

So I now have three grandsons and am barely 49 years old. It doesn't bother me except when I realize that my grandparents were all old when I was a kid. Mine were all retired when I was a little kid and they had the coolest lives with lots of fun toys like boats and motorcycles and giant gardens.

None of them were single.

I was at the hospital yesterday and took my 3yr old grandson to the park so his parents could nap and while there, another grandpa showed up with his grandson that was the identical age and size to mine. He had the all white beard and all denim grandpa outfit on complete with a straw hat.

He asked me how old my son was...

When my daughter and I would go to OB appointments, the receptionists would assume I was the father.

I guess I should be flattered... I know there are plenty of folks my age that are grandparents. I just never thought that I would find myself a grandpa and so totally unlike a traditional grandpa.

I guess I could put in a garden this year...

CONGRATS! They are beautiful. I am 47 and have two grandsons 4 years old and 6 months old next week. I am surprised by how many men in my age range are looking to "get married and start a family". I say "what?!?!?!". Been there, done that. It used to be people got married young. Right out of high school or college or right after a war ended. When did that change? Why are we the "odd" ones. For many generations we would have been "normal".

Upvote 0

rubyinprogress

God's Daughter
Site Supporter
May 5, 2012
Texas
✟53,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Congrats!

I'd consider you to be a young grandparent, as mine were in their 70s by the time I came along. At 49, there's a good chance that you'll get to meet your great grandchildren. Very cool.

Maybe that is why he seems "normal" to me. I knew my great grandfather and my great grandmother. He died when I was 24, she died when I was 16. People in my family got married early I guess. My kids grew up knowing their great grandmother (my grandmother).

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am surprised by how many men in my age range are looking to "get married and start a family". I say "what?!?!?!". Been there, done that.

My little brother just had his first child in September. He was 42. His fiance' is 26. My grandson is 2yrs older than his son.

But, he didn't get married until he was 32 and his ex-wife turned out to be bi-polar. She left him after two years of hell. It took him almost ten years to recover from that and date again.

He desperately wanted to start a family and be a father, but our area is bereft of single women between 35-45 that don't already have kids or want any more. Hence the 26yr old that fell in love with him.

Luckily for him, he's a great catch and a sweet guy. He is extremely thankful for his girlfriend and I think that's part of the reason why she is with him. Older men appreciate good women and treat them with more respect than younger men.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I work in one of the hospitals that gets the more dangerous births which means we have more "elderly mothers" which is any pregnant woman 35 or old. More and more first children are being born to women in their late 30s and early 40s. My mom said she felt like the "old woman" on her maternity floor because she was 24 when she had me. I was 30 when I had my first child. I often subconsciously consider the women who have babies 25 or younger as "babies" even though they aren't really that young. I guess some of this may come from walking into the room of new parents and have to interrupt cartoons to teach them some baby care skills.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums