• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Grandpa 4

Grandpa4

Sep 25, 2015
Jacumba, CA
✟8,053.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since I turned 60 in 2006, I've been diagnosed with all kinds of illnesses, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease, diabetes, and incurable bone cancer. I'm not in the least worried about any of it since my trust is in the Lord. He is my Sustainer, my Life, my Everything. Why should I be afraid, doubt or worry? If I die from any of it, I will go to with my Lord. If I suffer a lot from any of it, He will sustain me and give me the strength and courage to go on in this life and bear it all, and continue to praise His holy name. No matter what happens, My Lord and Saviour is there to help me through it all, and I am never alone. Worries and doubt simply means we are not trusting the Lord and His goodness.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I'm sad to hear about all of the diseases you're battling and I hope that you get cured so that you may live a long life.

When that being said I think it's nice to hear your testamony and how much you trust our Lord.
Just keep in mind that it's ok to be afraid of dying, it is ok to be sad and feeling all those feelings.
Remember that even Christ our King where under alot of distress in Getsemane and He cried as he saw the women burying her only son.

We have been promised resurrection at the final day through our Lord Jesus Christ so we should always cling onto him because alone we're nothing.
In the valley of the shadows he is the only light in front of our feet and we should let him light up our path always, but more than ever in the times when the cross we carry are at the heaviest.

Please allow yourself to be honest with both yourselves and God when you feel sad, angry, lost or whatever feeling you may encounter.
After all he knows us better than we know ourselves so seek him always.

I wish you all the best brother and I pray that you may be spared of agony and pain and that you're blessed with many more years on this earth.

In his mercy
aChildOfMary

Upvote 0

Grandpa4

Sep 25, 2015
Jacumba, CA
✟8,053.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't feel sad, angry, lost, or any other emotions, and I never fear death. Why should I be afraid to die when I know I'm born again and will go to be with the Lord? What is there for me to fear? Fear means not trusting.

• Winner
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

Zurückschlagen

Weiß und Blau
Jan 8, 2017
Europe
✟13,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since I turned 60 in 2006, I've been diagnosed with all kinds of illnesses, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, kidney disease, diabetes, and incurable bone cancer. I'm not in the least worried about any of it since my trust is in the Lord. He is my Sustainer, my Life, my Everything. Why should I be afraid, doubt or worry? If I die from any of it, I will go to with my Lord. If I suffer a lot from any of it, He will sustain me and give me the strength and courage to go on in this life and bear it all, and continue to praise His holy name. No matter what happens, My Lord and Saviour is there to help me through it all, and I am never alone. Worries and doubt simply means we are not trusting the Lord and His goodness.

Everyone is afraid to die. It's a natural reaction of the body. Self preservation mechanism created by God himself.

It's a lot for you to come here and admit that, and I appreciate it.

My grandma is 67 and my grandpa is 70, they are still going strong. I wish them a long and happy life too. I wish I could help them. I can't even help myself right now. Anyways...

Keep fighting. There are people that care! And you won't die until your mission is over. ;) Blessings!

Upvote 0