Grandma, 70, Gives Birth to Twins

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Grandma, 70, Gives Birth to Twins
Thursday, July 03, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,376083,00.html
Fame Pictures

Omkari Panwar, 70, and her husband, Charan Singh Panwar, 77.

A 70-year-old from Muzaffarnagar, India, became the world’s oldest woman to give birth after she delivered twins Friday.
Omkari Panwar, the wife of a retired farmer, delivered the twins — a boy and girl — via Caesarean section.
Panwar, who has two adult daughters and five grandchildren, underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.
Her husband, Charan Singh Panwar, 77, mortgaged his land, sold his buffalos, spent his life savings and took out a credit card loan to finance the treatment.
“At last we have a son and heir,” he said. “We prayed to God, went to saints and visited religious places to pray for an heir."
“We kept no stone unturned and God has rewarded us. The treatment cost me a fortune but the birth of a son makes it all worthwhile. I can die a happy man and a proud father.”
In 2007, a 60-year-old New Jersey woman named Frieda Birnbaum gave birth to twins.
Dr. Manny Alvarez, FOXNews.com's managing health editor, said there are numerous health risks to the women — and their babies — who decide to give birth late in life.

"This is an extremely problematic pregnancy," Alvarez said of Panwar. "The stress that is put on the heart, kidneys and liver put her life in danger. And the twin babies have the risk of not getting enough nutrients because the vascular system is so compromised on a 70-year-old womb."
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/playe..._Manny&Mom at 60&acc&Health&-1&News&100&&&new
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,376083,00.html

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.
Her husband, Charan Singh Panwar, 77, mortgaged his land, sold his buffalos, spent his life savings and took out a credit card loan to finance the treatment.
“At last we have a son and heir,” he said. “We prayed to God, went to saints and visited religious places to pray for an heir."

An heir to what? They are broke, worthless, and too old to ever get anything. The kids will grow up poor and orphaned.

The doctor who did this should be shot.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't get it did they not know they were putting the lives of their babies at risk or the mother life at risk.I cant understand how a doctor can do that to them.
susanann said:
An heir to what? They are broke, worthless, and too old to ever get anything.
I think he mainly wanted a boy to carry his name.
susanann said:
The kids will grow up poor and orphaned.
I hope the twins will be well love,even the girl and go to the daughters if something happened to the parent's.Any I thought India was a very poor country that has way to many orphans that need good homes.
PaladinGirl said:
Well personally, I'm happy for them. But what gets me is the woman should have gone through menopause years ago. Doesn't that usually leave women infertile? :confused:
She did go through all that,But underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't get it did they not know they were putting the lives of their babies at risk or the mother life at risk.I cant understand how a doctor can do that to them.

I hope the twins will be well love,even the girl and go to the daughters if something happened to the parent's.Any I thought India was a very poor country that has way to many orphans that need good homes.She did go through all that,But underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.

Hmmm, I didn't know you could undergo in-vitro fertility treatment to reverse the effects of menopause. I agree that it probably wasn't a smart decision for her to have a baby at her age though. That doesn't stop me from being happy for them though.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm, I didn't know you could undergo in-vitro fertility treatment to reverse the effects of menopause. I agree that it probably wasn't a smart decision for her to have a baby at her age though. That doesn't stop me from being happy for them though.
Yes you can,I also happy for them and hope everything in the future good for them.

Upvote 0

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
Yes you can,I also happy for them and hope everything in the future good for them.

They are old (age 70 and 77), poor (no money), and unhealthy. They dont have a future. They will die soon and make someone else raise and pay for these kids. The babies will be orphans.

Upvote 0

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian

She did go through all that,But underwent in-vitro fertility treatment so she could produce a male heir.

Their is no "heir", they are essentially, destitute/poor/no money.

The name will not be carried, when the parents die soon, the kids will be orphaned, and hopefully adopted and given a new name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just can't be happy for them. This was an incredibly selfish and stupid thing to do.

The father says he can die happy now.

“We kept no stone unturned and God has rewarded us. The treatment cost me a fortune but the birth of a son makes it all worthwhile. I can die a happy man and a proud father.”

Proud father? Proud of what exactly? The family is in debt and has two infants to care for. Neither parent looks like they have many years left in them. I have no idea how he can die happy knowing he will orphan two children and leave them destitute.

Upvote 0

susanann

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2005
✟13,020.00
Faith
Christian
This was an incredibly selfish and stupid thing to do.

The father says he can die happy now.

Proud father? Proud of what exactly?

Having female children was such a terrible thing for him, an atrocity, unbearable.

I hope he lives long enough to see his "son" get a sex-change operation.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Their is no "heir", they are essentially, destitute/poor/no money.

The name will not be carried, when the parents die soon, the kids will be orphaned, and hopefully adopted and given a new name.
My guess is one of the sister will raise the babies as their own,Keep their brother and sisters named the same as the father,That's what I would do.I diffidently wouldn't allow my brother and sister go live in an orphanage when I could take care of them.Anyways the parent's may live tell there 100 years old,Who knows.

Upvote 0