Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Is there anyone here in grad school now? Or anyone here who's soon to start grad school?

My reply is probably irrelevant....but I have been accepted to two grad school programs - a Marriage and Family Therapy program and a Master of Divinity (pastor/minister training) theological seminary program.

I am supposed to choose one grad school program and begin my grad school studies next month....but I don't think I'm ready for the rigors of graduate school

Sorry for the irrelevant reply.....

Upvote 0

Chipsj15

Jul 21, 2017
Southeast US
✟22,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there anyone here in grad school now?
Or anyone here who's soon to start grad school?
Does one year away count as soon? Haha
I still have one year left of undergraduate studies. My major is human services with a chemistry minor, it is essentially a pre-medical undergraduate degree. I've been told that I would get into Veterinarian school but I'm not too sure if that is what God wants for me... it may be something in seminary :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My school has a coterminal program that allows undergraduates to concurrently work towards earning a graduate degree. I was just accepted into the program this spring! So, technically I now have grad student status. I'll be earning a M.A. in International Policy Studies!

Upvote 0

Chipsj15

Jul 21, 2017
Southeast US
✟22,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My school has a coterminal program that allows undergraduates to concurrently work towards earning a graduate degree. I was just accepted into the program this spring! So, technically I now have grad student status. I'll be earning a M.A. in International Policy Studies!
Dang, that sounds pretty convenient.. As long as you know what you want to study I'd say! By the way.. Golden Retrievers are the best dogs.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Dang, that sounds pretty convenient.. As long as you know what you want to study I'd say!

It definitely is advantageous because you save time and can more effectively build a bridge between your studies if you're getting degrees in different but related fields. My undergrad major is Political Science, with a minor in Psychology, and my graduate degree will be in International Policy Studies.

You can't leap directly into the coterm program, so there is more time to navigate through your undergrad degree before deciding on a grad school route. Most people who get into it are older than I am and had more time to become sure about their decision, but I was able to start off with a year's worth of credit because of summer, dual enrollment and AP classes I took while in HS. I'm confident I'm on the path I want to be on, though. :)

By the way.. Golden Retrievers are the best dogs.

Yes, they are the absolute best!!!! :) This is my golden-hearted Golden showing her school spirit by helping to clean up the campus after a windy rain storm a couple of months ago:
cleaning the campus.png

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Found out yesterday afternoon that 4 people from my department here are in doctoral programs - I knew about one who is on my team; but there is another one part way thru and 2 more have been accepted for the fall term.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Found out yesterday afternoon that 4 people from my department here are in doctoral programs - I knew about one who is on my team; but there is another one part way thru and 2 more have been accepted for the fall term.

Are they working full time while simunltanously in doctoral programs? I'm impressed if they are! I was just offered a job for the school year, but I don't think I can handle it plus 19 units without capsizing from the weight of it all. I wish I could do both because the job would be cool.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Chipsj15

Jul 21, 2017
Southeast US
✟22,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It definitely is advantageous because you save time and can more effectively build a bridge between your studies if you're getting degrees in different but related fields. My undergrad major is Political Science, with a minor in Psychology, and my graduate degree will be in International Policy Studies.

You can't leap directly into the coterm program, so there is more time to navigate through your undergrad degree before deciding on a grad school route. Most people who get into it are older than I am and had more time to become sure about their decision, but I was able to start off with a year's worth of credit because of summer, dual enrollment and AP classes I took while in HS. I'm confident I'm on the path I want to be on, though. :)

Yes, they are the absolute best!!!! :) This is my golden-hearted Golden showing her school spirit by helping to clean up the campus after a windy rain storm a couple of months ago:
View attachment 202369
Wow, that is pretty cool! I can certainly see how that helps out quite a bit. Honestly, I'm glad I didn't have the option because I changed my major right before Junior year... But it seems like you have a pretty good study route planned out! There is no way I could complete that major and minor hah I'm way too interested in Biology and Chemistry courses.

And whaaaat she looks beautiful! I miss my Golden everyday - but now I have a Golden mixed with a Husky ^_^

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are they working full time while simunltanously in doctoral programs? I'm impressed if they are!
Yes they are. I could not imagine doing that. I have thought about getting my masters, and several congregational leaders have pushed me strongly to get a MDIV or MTheo degree. IMO I am a bit old to be going down that path.

I was just offered a job for the school year, but I don't think I can handle it plus 19 units without capsizing from the weight of it all. I wish I could do both because the job would be cool.
19 credits? Yeah - that would really be difficult. I think you are wise to not do that. As an undergrad, I had a job working the night desk in my dorm. It was only 16 hours a week (2 nights) and gave me lots of time to study. (or whatever) Even with only 15-16 credits it was tough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is there anyone here in grad school now?
Or anyone here who's soon to start grad school?
I hope to enter Masters after the degree I am currrently in, but I am praying for God's will be done in my life.

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0