• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Grace

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Bob Wille, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+241
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    “God saved you by his grace when you believed.
    And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.
    Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done,
    so none of us can boast about it.”
    Ephesians 2:8-9

“JUSTICE: When you get what you deserve.
    MERCY: When you don’t get what you deserve.
    GRACE: When you get what you don’t deserve.”
    [Sheldon Church]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+106,704
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Amen. It's about "God", and not about "us". Our response to the absolute "miracle" of a gift of His grace and His mercy, is a thankful heart that praises, adores, and worships Him.

In essence, He reached down and "snatched" us from the gaping jaws of destruction. Even if we did not verbally say a word, but our "heart" cried out to Him, He HEARD us and did what only HE could do, and that is to save our "bound-for-hell" selves through His only begotten Son.

i'm THANKFUL that HE "reads" my heart and that He "hears" my heart, and that He "heard" my heart cry when i was sinking and SURELY would've sunk if He would not have intervened.

The bottom line, is that we need to get our "eyes" and our "attention" OFF of ourselves and ONTO HIM and to KEEP them there.

It's not about "me".

It's about "He".

Thank you Bob, for this thought-provoking and profound post. It blessed me.

God bless you.

3. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+241
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    God has really gifted you with wonderful ways to express what He puts
    in your heart and mind. I pray many, many others will be able to read

what you contribute in various venues.

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+106,704
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Thank you. It's a blessing to read your posts and to meditate on them. It's like spiritual nourishment from heaven, for it prompts me to search my heart and my soul as i think on and meditate on your posts.

Thank you for being such a blessing.

God bless you, Bob.