Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So if the government said "no praying, no worshiping anywhere because it's a health risk and you will be jailed" would you give in? Because that is pretty much what Newsome. He wet so far to say no worship in the home. When the government violates the first amendment I will fight. BTW yesterday in Pennsylvania a judge did find that people's 1st and 14th Amendment were violated by "health orders". The governments had no right to do what they did aand are still doing.

Oh? Cite directly to Newsom ordering “no praying, no worshipping anywhere,” including the “home.”

I want to read the 21st century equivalent of King Darius’ edict.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So are we suppose to be happy when governments overstep? No Churches do not overstep, heck most of them are rank cowards right now except for a few like John MacArthur and Grace Community Church. The problem is Christians have become the modern cowards and capitulate to the governments whim.

Or as a result of hysterics by some, people have irrationally characterized efforts to control the virus that impose some restrictions on religious liberty as “oversteps.”

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are multitudes of diseases out there, if we are to isolate and quarantine every time someone catches one the world would literally stop.

And yet, what you’ve said has no applicablity to Covid-19. This isn’t a mere “disease.” The influenza killing 675,000 Americans, and around 50 million people world wide, wasn’t a mere “disease.” COVID-19 isn’t a mere “disease.” It makes no sense to think of COVID as a “disease.” It’s a disease that has killed a significant number of people in a very short time frame, a pandemic.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So if the government said "no praying, no worshiping anywhere because it's a health risk and you will be jailed" would you give in? Because that is pretty much what Newsome. He wet so far to say no worship in the home. When the government violates the first amendment I will fight.

Except Newsome did not ban in-home prayer. You and your family can pray in your home anytime you want. He banned in-home gatherings for Bible study.

BTW yesterday in Pennsylvania a judge did find that people's 1st and 14th Amendment were violated by "health orders". The governments had no right to do what they did aand are still doing.

The Pennsylvania order that went into effect in July did not include churches, except masks and distancing is required.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, has anybody else heard that hospitals were/are beefing up the numbers, saying people died of the 19, when it was actually something else?

“Beefing up the numbers”? No.

It’s been alleged hospitals have officially declared Covid as a cause of death when they died of something else. However, I’ve read of no evidence supporting this allegation. I’ve read it is possible to have occurred, which is true, but possible and factual are not identical.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
“Beefing up the numbers”? No.

It’s been alleged hospitals have officially declared Covid as a cause of death when they died of something else. However, I’ve read of no evidence supporting this allegation. I’ve read it is possible to have occurred, which is true, but possible and factual are not identical.
I’ve heard that as well. It isn’t true. People can live with diabetes or asthma for a long time. It’s the COVID that kills them. Numbers are not being beefed up.

Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, has anybody else heard that hospitals were/are beefing up the numbers, saying people died of the 19, when it was actually something else?

Heard it plenty of times and from some Doctors. The whole thing is a pack of lies

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Heard it plenty of times and from some Doctors. The whole thing is a pack of lies

:doh:

“The whole thing is a pack of lies” because “some Doctors” say so? Read what you’ve said man. That makes sense?

I can understand the belief “whole thing is a pack of lies” was supported by facts, data, and the logical inferences from the facts and data. But at the moment, the belief “whole thing is a pack of lies” mirrors the belief in pink unicorns.

Believe in something supported by the facts, data, and logical inferences to be drawn from them. You statement though has no supporting basis in fact. That’s a problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No, the mask is to protect yourself and, more important, to protect others.

In the same way that microamygdalotomies were to help the neurological health of civil rights leaders and protect others, right? Or have we all forgotten the government programs to psychosurgery away black (and other minority) leaders for the 'common good.'

• Useful
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In the same way that microamygdalotomies were to help the neurological health of civil rights leaders and protect others, right? Or have we all forgotten the government programs to psychosurgery away black (and other minority) leaders for the 'common good.'

Get real. Big difference between wearing a mask and what you have described. Got any evidence to support your claim?

• Prayers
Reactions: NotreDame
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It includes the category of, "Wouldn't have died today, except for covid-19."

And I think that's a valid category. I'm in my late 60s, but I eat carefully and well, I exercise strenuously daily. I've got a well-equipped gym at home. Well into my 50s, I bicycled 200-250 miles a week. These days I do my cardio on an elliptical, but I do it with great intensity. I also weight train.

All my numbers are optimum for a man of any age (blood pressure, for instance, is 119/69). My weight is well into a safe range, no higher than it was 30 years ago. My doctor has zero reason to think I have any morbidity that would kill me within the next month...

...unless I contract covid-19 within the next few days. Maybe I do have a hidden morbidity that covid-19 can take opportunity of. But the fact would still be that nothing else in my system would have killed me by then.

Upvote 0

Xenophon

Jul 16, 2020
Smithfield
✟17,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,186.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Watch out for the upset wife. That one will get you.

She's happy with me. This spring I built her a screened porch with ceiling fans, and she's been using it a lot over the summer. We're actually better now than we've been since our first years of marriage.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It includes the category of, "Wouldn't have died today, except for covid-19."

And I think that's a valid category. I'm in my late 60s, but I eat carefully and well, I exercise strenuously daily. I've got a well-equipped gym at home. Well into my 50s, I bicycled 200-250 miles a week. These days I do my cardio on an elliptical, but I do it with great intensity. I also weight train.

All my numbers are optimum for a man of any age (blood pressure, for instance, is 119/69). My weight is well into a safe range, no higher than it was 30 years ago. My doctor has zero reason to think I have any morbidity that would kill me within the next month...

...unless I contract covid-19 within the next few days. Maybe I do have a hidden morbidity that covid-19 can take opportunity of. But the fact would still be that nothing else in my system would have killed me by then.

What they fail to understand is cause of death can be COVID and something else.

For example, a homicide case in which a person was beaten into a coma. He was hospitalized for three months. He dies after three months. Autopsy is performed, he died from a bacterial infection in his lungs, which was a result of a severe beating leaving him in a coma and hospitalized.

On the death certificate there was listed, as cause of death, A, B, C.
Two causes of death were listed. A.) bacterial infection of the lung and B.) the beating he took the precipitated the conditions for the lung infection.

Most people have no idea how cause of death works, thinking there can only be one cause of death.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Most people have no idea how cause of death works, thinking there can only be one cause of death.

This reminds me of a saying I once heard, "Everyone dies of heart failure."

Upvote 0