Government will spend $33 billion more to cover 8.9 million fewer Americans, as premiums soar

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full headline:
The stupidity of Trumpcare: Government will spend $33 billion more to cover 8.9 million fewer Americans, as premiums soar
The stupidity of Trumpcare: Government will spend $33 billion more to cover 8.9 million fewer Americans, as premiums soar
Those fiscal geniuses in the White House and Republican-controlled Congress have managed to do the impossible: Their sabotage of the Affordable Care Act will lead to 6.4 million fewer Americans with health insurance, while the federal bill for coverage rises by some $33 billion per year.

Also, by the way, premiums in the individual market will rise by an average of more than 18%.

Heck of a job.
tulc(MAGA by doing the exact opposite of what President Trump promised he'd do if elected?) :scratch:

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the information in the article is credible- but starting an article off with The stupidity of Trumpcare leaves no doubt that the author has a bias.
That would be why I posted it in politics instead of news. :wave:
tulc(just in case anyone was curious) :)

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
That would be why I posted it in politics instead of news. :wave:
tulc(just in case anyone was curious) :)
I didn't even notice which forum this was under :rolleyes:

Regardless, one could fairly call into question the objectivity of the author.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't even notice which forum this was under :rolleyes:

Regardless, one could fairly call into question the objectivity of the author.
True. But then we should always check what we read against what other people say and the facts, right? :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)

Upvote 0

TuxAme

Quis ut Deus?
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2017
Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
True. But then we should always check what we read against what other people say and the facts, right? :wave:
tulc(just a thought) :)
Sure, but the people you think might need to read this are going to immediately feel "assaulted" (and, as I said, doubt the objectivity of the author) when they just read the title.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure, but the people you think might need to read this are going to immediately feel "assaulted" (and, as I said, doubt the objectivity of the author) when they just read the title.
If there's one thing I've seen over the last few years? Most of the people who are upset by the things I post need no particular reason to be upset by almost anything I post. I'm pretty sure I could post an article saying something positive about President Trump (if I could, you know, find something President Trump did that could be considered positive) and his supporters would still find it objectionable. :sigh:
tulc(now just tries to post things he finds interesting) :wave:

Upvote 0